Should I get Draven? I don't own many adc champs

#1Hell0nEarthPosted 1/23/2013 11:02:09 AM
Is his axe catching fun, or just annoying?
Is he powerful? I don't require him to be OP, but I don't want to spend the RP if he's dreadful.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2killa123145Posted 1/23/2013 11:04:54 AM
He is very fun. The axe catching can be annoying at first but very rewarding once you get used to it.
#3GotTheGreensPosted 1/23/2013 11:04:57 AM
Axe catching is fun. Draven is so so amazingly strong with his Q poke. OP in my opinion. But don't buy with RP. PLEASE DONT.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
#4deoxxysPosted 1/23/2013 11:06:09 AM
hes hard to play
---
"Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that.."
Steam: psn_deoxxys
#5Supah_AxelPosted 1/23/2013 11:07:24 AM
Draven's early game damage is absurd. The first time I ever fought one I got stomped because that damage caught me off guard.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bakabridget/
#6Reaper_MinionPosted 1/23/2013 11:10:08 AM(edited)
Yes, Draven is one of my favorite champions to support.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#7Dark_DcPosted 1/23/2013 11:32:56 AM(edited)
He's amazing. Got my only penta with him in a 2v5 fight. Me and a Blitz wrecked them.

The axe catching, as mentioned, is at first tricky but very rewarding indeed. It refreshes W which is an MS/AS steroid on catches and is basically what makes Draven have insane DPS.

Remember that it lands where you are facing when it hits the target. So you have time to click for a last hit/poke, then turn backwards and it will land in a safe place. Also holding S will usually make it come right back.

His ult is awesome for snipes but also for a good AoE teamfight ability (the key to my penta).

E is a decent disruption for escape and W can work in a pinch when they are just out of range chasing you.

He's the only ADC I consistently roll lanes with. Love him.

EDIT: He is also a monster at drag or baron takedowns. He clears them so fast with Q+W chains. Which reminds me, remember that you can usually Q AA W catch throw the Q AA W catch (or cast W upon catching, but I almost prefer using it to run to the axe). Basically that is just to remind you that with proper micro you can fit an AA (or more depending on AS) between Qs for tonnes of damage.
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#8RzulPosted 1/23/2013 11:12:07 AM
Don't buy Draven because he's an ADC that you don't own. Buy him because he's awesome to play. Take Leona with you in lane and watch kills rack up.
---
Vilemaw is my waifu. Elise is going to be so mad. Wat do?
3DS FC: 4038-6009-6930 PSN: Rzul96xsEED
#9DottledPosted 1/23/2013 11:12:16 AM
I just picked him up today with my spare IP and I really like him already. Much more to think about compared to the other ADCs I play, and the extra thinking pays off.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#10shadyelfPosted 1/23/2013 11:21:04 AM
His skin is on sale now too, so it would be a good time to get him.
---
?