Why does it matter if someone goes in top or bottom

#11TheTrueAmericanPosted 1/23/2013 5:23:02 PM
People all try to copy pros and as mentioned probably several times never touch the dragon.
#12KirbixPosted 1/23/2013 5:24:17 PM
This is an easy question. Never used Leona, don't know much about her, but I looked her up on the wikia.
Her passive only is effective when she has a partner in the lane with her.
Top is often solo, because the other person who would be top is jungling.
But bot, there is always 2 people bot. So her passive will always be effective.
This isn't as much an issue in low level games, because usually there isn't a jungler.
But it does become a bigger issue later.
*I'm not sure what level you are but I assume you are under 15*

Your posts makes a rather large assumption that 2 people have to go bot. There's absolutely no reason for the vast majority of players to stick to this strategy beyond "ITS TEH META!"

Dual top works just fine. Unless you're actually good enough to press your advantage bot and secure dragon, it won't matter how many people are in bottom lane vs. top lane.

So long as Leona's not solo, she works in any lane.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#13Sid_IcarusPosted 1/23/2013 5:24:22 PM
I'm gonna presume TC doesn't know what jungling is
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#1404DarkPosted 1/23/2013 5:31:17 PM(edited)
From: TheTrueAmerican | Posted: 1/23/2013 7:23:02 PM | #011
People all try to copy pros and as mentioned probably several times never touch the dragon.

People try to do the better method of playing. The pros usually have developed the better method of playing.
Also, "the pro way" of doing things often times becomes the standard.

Same thing I assumed.

Your posts makes a rather large assumption that 2 people have to go bot. There's absolutely no reason for the vast majority of players to stick to this strategy beyond "ITS TEH META!"
Dual top works just fine. Unless you're actually good enough to press your advantage bot and secure dragon, it won't matter how many people are in bottom lane vs. top lane.

In almost all games there are 2 people bot.
It is more common for there to be 1 person top than there is to be one person bot.
I'm speaking from stats, look up any of the data if you do not believe me.
Also, there is no reason, yet they still do it. You can not deny the fact that it still gets done, no matter for which reason it is done.
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#15BhelliumPosted 1/23/2013 5:32:26 PM
duo bot exists for adc babying as well

it's on bot for the dragon as mentioned, as well as bot being a bit more gank resistant than top thanks to the hud

Anyways, what I don't understand is why it's not adc top bruiser/support bot. Sure it makes the adc a bit vulnerable but bruiser/support is basically ungankable letting the jungle focus on getting top and mid kills. Bruiser/support also makes the most out of their skill sets, cc all day sustain longer.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#16sabeta_samaPosted 1/23/2013 6:01:41 PM
Bhellium posted...
duo bot exists for adc babying as well

it's on bot for the dragon as mentioned, as well as bot being a bit more gank resistant than top thanks to the hud

Anyways, what I don't understand is why it's not adc top bruiser/support bot. Sure it makes the adc a bit vulnerable but bruiser/support is basically ungankable letting the jungle focus on getting top and mid kills. Bruiser/support also makes the most out of their skill sets, cc all day sustain longer.

For a variety of reasons
1) bruiser doesn't have the OP damage to take early dragons
2) leaving ADC alone on top leaves them vulnerable to ganks, potentially shutting them down, with support there the jungled has a harder time getting to the ADC.
3) as mentioned before, putting two on bot is purely for dragon control. Two bot is better than two mid for no reason other than that mid is farther from dragon, and the lane itself is smaller ( size of the lane just makes it more naturally suited to solo)
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#17Greenfox111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:13:27 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...

I do i just didn't know one person from the top usually does it. I get it now though
---
least favorite potder: thunder
favorite potder: Graycrow
#18MizunoRyuuPosted 1/23/2013 6:20:38 PM
Top is solo, bot is ADC/support lane.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#19Zyx-WhitewindPosted 1/23/2013 7:22:02 PM
Its more important for Leona to have a partner and ranged adc synergizes the best with her in many ways.

You could go adc and support top if you want as long as your brusier can handle 2v1 since most adc and support go bot.

Dont be afraid to try new things. That is how meta is made. You dont have to wait to see it in tournaments to try it.

I did Leona with adc top once and we destroyed top lane in the first 15 min while our brusier turret hugged bot lane. After we switched back lanes and both dominated. I could see the opponents team wasnt ready for that. If you have a strong top laner you can pull the switch on them sometimes.

Other than that its due to jungle and dragon placements.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...
#20Luigy2693Posted 1/23/2013 7:26:54 PM
ONE sex joke in this whole thread.

I am dissapointed