Banlists in ranked, your thoughts?

#1Alom_o_molaPosted 1/24/2013 2:49:49 AM
I'm a newcomer here and am unable to participate in ranked at this point.

I've heard that there is a banlist when you start the game. For me, I feel kind of annoyed by this. Probably because I come from fighting games and we have this mentality of accepting whatever and adapting to it to win.

Also, for now, I plan to main Vlad. I'll probably expand to Zix and Rengar

What are your thoughts on banlists? Do you get annoyed when they ban your main?

Though, with the second question, I'm betting 100% will have like a secondary which is probably as good as their main
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#2Susan0Posted 1/24/2013 2:54:55 AM(edited)
Amumu, Malphite, Shen are the ones they usually banned

Eve, Blitz are some of the uncommon bans iirc

In High Elo, Ban Lee Sin.

Here's a thread explaining it in detail:
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=498839
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3Ultraknight64Posted 1/24/2013 2:54:53 AM
People mostly ban OP or plain annoying to deal with characters. If you aren't playing Shen/Blitz/Malph/Amumu then you should be fine.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#4NuramaTheBDPosted 1/24/2013 2:56:01 AM
although khazix lately has been a frequent ban
---
GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#5Alom_o_mola(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:59:52 AM
Are they ridiculously OP?
Mainly Malphite, Amumu and Shen
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
#6ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/24/2013 3:00:28 AM
the idea of the banlist is to just get rid of some "problem" champions.

in solo Q (just normal match making) its available in "draft mode" which you can do at any level, but all ranked games are in this mode as well.

in solo Q tho some champions just do really well just by getting ahead, champions people consider "op" or just plain problematic. i personally have no problems with the ban system. In fact, I love it lol. Just being able to say "nope you cant choose this champ i hate" or "nope you cant make this lane boring as hell for everyone involved" is a good thing to me. Granted i usually use my bans on sustain supports like soraka or top laners like yorick half the time.

sometimes people on my team get mad when i ban garen but i just hate playing against him cause of how boring it can make the lane...
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#7aHappySackaPosted 1/24/2013 3:07:51 AM(edited)
Alom_o_mola posted...
Are they ridiculously OP?
Mainly Malphite, Amumu and Shen

They're just really, really annoying to deal with, and are pretty game changing in teamfights and what not. Which explains why they are usually picked and banned all the time.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#8DualitypainPosted 1/24/2013 3:02:17 AM
Street fighter is 1 on 1, so the over arching strategy is pick a character, and decide how you want to deal with what the opponant picks.

League is a team game. A 5v5 (in most cases). Part of the over arching strategy to it is team compositions. If you ban out certain champs, you can get rid of certain team comps that would work well against your team comp. Going Amumu, Orianna, MF combo? Ban out Janna because she ruins that teams day by resetting the fight after those 3 burned their ults.

Banning champs that work against your team is just part of the strategy.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#9ZileanPosted 1/24/2013 3:07:32 AM(edited)
My usual bans are usually the three newest one but If I start up ranked right now I'd ban Thresh, Ez, and Taric.
---
http://i.imgur.com/flA9y.png
#10Alom_o_mola(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:17:14 AM
Dualitypain posted...
Street fighter is 1 on 1, so the over arching strategy is pick a character, and decide how you want to deal with what the opponant picks.

League is a team game. A 5v5 (in most cases). Part of the over arching strategy to it is team compositions. If you ban out certain champs, you can get rid of certain team comps that would work well against your team comp. Going Amumu, Orianna, MF combo? Ban out Janna because she ruins that teams day by resetting the fight after those 3 burned their ults.

Banning champs that work against your team is just part of the strategy.

ooh, that's a good strategy

I thought these banlist is like more of an attempt to balance the meta
---