What champ to buy? Thread #9826456

#1ZyphlerPosted 1/24/2013 6:49:28 AM
I just can't decide what champ to buy and I have 9000 IP on my account so it's driving me crazy.

Champs I am considering :- Elise, Syndra(does anyone even play her?),Diana(hesitant because of the nerf/buff cycle of op champs), Darius(looks pretty reliable...but boring..so i dont know), Kha'Zix, Renekton(I've played him before, his early game is beast, but I feel so useless late game), Rengar(same as diana)

My thoughts on Renekton might be outdated because I only started playing LoL again about 2-3 weeks back with my last game before that being sometime in June 2012. So, I don't know if Renekton has been buffed or how he stands with all the new items and changes to ArPen etc.

My Favorite Champs - Jarvan, Shen. Lee, Swain

I like champs which are tanky and provide some utility to the team. Cannot play champs which require very precise timing(eg. zed) due to relatively ping and because my PC is a toaster. Feel free to recommend other champs which you think I might like(I have Jayce).
#2Susan0Posted 1/24/2013 6:53:09 AM
Darius or Diana

Both are tanky, like your fave champs, and are quite strong.

Ps, Diana has been buffed a bit since her nerfs.

And You should Darius b4 morello rly decides to rework him
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3matrix0523Posted 1/24/2013 6:54:26 AM
Darius if you enjoy steamrolling bad people and being a horrible teammate.

You said something about not being able to play Zed? Dude, my PC is beyond horrible and I play him without a problem. He's also beary fun. I notice people saying how hard he is to use but honestly I'm not seeing it. Only thing that requires thinking is making sure not to waste energy before you ult.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#4CrazyAxle02Posted 1/24/2013 7:05:42 AM
Zyphler posted...
I just can't decide what champ to buy and I have 9000 IP on my account so it's driving me crazy.

Champs I am considering :- Elise, Syndra(does anyone even play her?),Diana(hesitant because of the nerf/buff cycle of op champs), Darius(looks pretty reliable...but boring..so i dont know), Kha'Zix, Renekton(I've played him before, his early game is beast, but I feel so useless late game), Rengar(same as diana)

My thoughts on Renekton might be outdated because I only started playing LoL again about 2-3 weeks back with my last game before that being sometime in June 2012. So, I don't know if Renekton has been buffed or how he stands with all the new items and changes to ArPen etc.

My Favorite Champs - Jarvan, Shen. Lee, Swain

I like champs which are tanky and provide some utility to the team. Cannot play champs which require very precise timing(eg. zed) due to relatively ping and because my PC is a toaster. Feel free to recommend other champs which you think I might like(I have Jayce).

Elise: Solid choice strong early-mid game and even late game but by then everyone's resists should be up so shouldn't be insta death. Fun to play but a lot of times in higher elo will be banned.

Syndra: I love syndra, people say shes bad because she is hard to use just like people say towards a lot of hard ap mids. If you can land a combo and an ultimate with two q's on the field you can pretty much annihilate anyone. She is hard tho and she uses skill shots so her stun isnt reliable such as a snare for example..etc. That saying she can stun more than one person if you get your alignment right.

Diana: thats really up to you i have her but never use her because her play style im not a fan

Darius: Hes good because you can technically feed the opponent and still help out your team alot with his ult in later team fights...etc he is hard in top sometimes because people will out range him, but he does a ton of dmg so you could still like flash all in..etc

Kha'zix: couldn't help you, i have him and never tried him because he is always banned. I know he is really strong right now so prob gonna get nerfed.

Renekton: his lanning phase is incredible, really hard to kill a good renekton. Everyone says he falls off late game but you really only should play him as a tanky bruiser not pure dmg. Also more reliant on team comp than other champs.

Rengar: prob one of my fav champs. People think im trolling top lane when i take him but even against someone like jax (who is a hard counter) you can easily beat if you just use his passive and e correctly. Probably the 2nd best wave clearer here after syndra. Depending who you go up against i would, no matter what, get a kage's lucky pick and before everyone says that's a bad idea. It's 1) a gold-per item so even if your getting zoned you can still get gold. 2) helps his W which wave clears so fast so even if your under turret with full stack 2x W with that one ap item and everything dies. Also his utility to just jump from bushes and go stealthed is great.

It really depends on your play style.
If you want to play ranked: i would say elise or syndra since they have the highest chance of all inning someone early on which can snowball. Kha'zix is always banned so i wouldnt get him due to that fact.

Rengar is my fav out of all of them and i can tell you a good b.o if you pick him. Renekton is always a safe pick since its so hard to kill him with his passive and his liferegen / ult. And darius is pretty much a boring champ until team fights.
#5Zyphler(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:54:01 AM
matrix0523 posted...
Darius if you enjoy steamrolling bad people and being a horrible teammate.

You said something about not being able to play Zed? Dude, my PC is beyond horrible and I play him without a problem. He's also beary fun. I notice people saying how hard he is to use but honestly I'm not seeing it. Only thing that requires thinking is making sure not to waste energy before you ult.

Maybe you're a better player than me :D I never play squishy assasin like champions or AD carries. It's probably a combination of my terrible positioning skills and not being able to react quickly because of lag.

@CrazyAXle- Thanks for the detailed answer. Rengar does sound fun, how would you rate his tankiness? Ranked is not really a problem since I mostly play normals for fun with friends or I play alone. Mostly looking for champs which are fun and rewarding.
#6Zyphler(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:45:44 AM
Bumping to say that I bought Syndra. She's quite fun. Her animations are very smooth too. I like her.(although I do suck with her)

Probably buying Renekton or Diana next.
#7HagenExPosted 1/25/2013 3:00:40 AM
Get Diana, build Rylai's, Abyssal and Nashor's = Wreck people.