confirm or deny dont overlap effects

#1Beech_tibsPosted 1/24/2013 8:57:26 AM
In general if you have an effect you do not itemize to increase the benefit of that...right? Like scepter on fid, litchbane on lux, thornmail on rammus, tank items on garen...
Obviously there are some exceptions such as health gen on mundo or ad on yi.... But there's a difference...

Anyway

Opinions.....go!
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#2themagicpainmanPosted 1/24/2013 9:05:04 AM(edited)
If anything that's even more reason to get those items.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 1/24/2013 9:11:35 AM
wtf am I reading.
---
I'd arrest you if I had handcuffs.
#4Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:12:14 AM
themagicpainman posted...
If anything that's even more reason to get those items.

That's what I thought too but it seems not to be the case in my experience
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#5MizunoRyuuPosted 1/24/2013 9:14:12 AM
Depends on the situation. I almost never get Lich Bane on Lux, but if my team's disruptive enough to let me autoattack often during teamfights, I'd get it.

Sometimes, I get a Crucible on Soraka or Taric, because double heal + ally cleanse is just great.

Thornmail's good on characters like Annie and Rammus, who return damage anyway. This will increase your damage output directly, or stop enemies from attacking you so you can cast more spells.

Veigar's passive synergizes well with Chalice, so I get one early.

So yeah, on some characters I do, others I don't.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#6MrFailPosted 1/24/2013 9:20:32 AM
You generally want a balance of stats. If you have 100 AD and get an item to double it, you now have 200AD. Buy that item again and you get 300AD which is 50% more. Had you instead used the money to double your attack speed you would be doing 400Dps instead of 300.

Works the same way with HP and armor/MR. If you have 3000 HP, you will gain more effective health by buying an Aegis vs buying a (or another) warmogs.
#7SorrySleepingPosted 1/24/2013 9:27:29 AM
You are going far too wide here.
Magic Resistance Reduction is amazing. Getting Abyssal (please use Abyssal, we have at least two if not three Scepters.) makes anyone without Mres go into the negatives.
Lux's spells are on too high a cooldown to effective use Lichbane. Considering the limit of 6 item slots, and how nerfed it just got, Lichbane is almost a waste on her.
For Rammus it depends. If you need to help you team more AFTER your taunt, go for Frozen Heart.
Garen completely depends on his "role" that he needs for the team. Tankier character with a little damage, middle ground, or offensive spin2win master?
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#8plasmatic5Posted 1/24/2013 9:27:47 AM
Abyssal on Fiddle is good. You probably don't want a void because most likely it will be more effective to reduce their mr by a flat amount than to have percent penetration since penetration applies after reduction. Your passive will already be lowering their mr so unless they have over 150'ish MR, an Abyssal will allow you to do more damage than a void. I haven't done the numbers so the 150 might be off, but it seems about right.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#9mc_marinerPosted 1/24/2013 9:32:43 AM
Garen also has crit chance built into his spin. Crit chance>tankiness when there's a true tank on your team.
---
Currently playing: games
#10Reaper_MinionPosted 1/24/2013 9:32:51 AM
It doesn't make much sense because the stats are additive not multiplicative. Most of the time, you do not actually get any special benefit from buying items that work in similar ways to your abilities. You buy them because they are generally good items.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY