how do i thresh?

#1GrAyFoX312kPosted 1/24/2013 8:26:52 AM
Played two games with him and cant quite figure him out. I see everyone here crying op so i must be doing something wrong.

I use armor reds and yellows
Mr per lvl blues
Gold quints

I have biscuit, pickpocket, and ward in utility
The rest is in defense

I start fairy charm wards and pots
Build philo and sightstone
Try to go for aegis but the game ends before i get it.
---
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox
XBL/PSN : GrayFox312k
#2GotTheGreensPosted 1/24/2013 8:27:46 AM
You suck at support. That's what it is.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
#3DeleveleDPosted 1/24/2013 8:34:16 AM
He was just released here and I tried him out in an AI game.

He does crazy damage when built with AD, because he gains free additional magic damage from his Q, which does twice as much as your AD if charged, and is on par with your AD if continuously attacking.

Even though he's intended to be a Support, and I haven't tried him out in that role yet, it seems like a waste if he's not put Solo Top or even Mid! The things he's capable of doing when farmed is just... wow.

If I had to compare him to another Support, it'd have to be Sona, crazy pokes with his auto attacks.

The only thing I wish he had was a longer attack range, maybe 500-525, maybe even 550!

But mark my words, he WILL be nerfed, there's no way Riot will keep him in this state THIS LONG!
---
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.
#4Beech_tibsPosted 1/24/2013 8:42:54 AM
DeleveleD posted...
He was just released here and I tried him out in an AI game.

He does crazy damage when built with AD, because he gains free additional magic damage from his Q, which does twice as much as your AD if charged, and is on par with your AD if continuously attacking.

Even though he's intended to be a Support, and I haven't tried him out in that role yet, it seems like a waste if he's not put Solo Top or even Mid! The things he's capable of doing when farmed is just... wow.

If I had to compare him to another Support, it'd have to be Sona, crazy pokes with his auto attacks.

The only thing I wish he had was a longer attack range, maybe 500-525, maybe even 550!

But mark my words, he WILL be nerfed, there's no way Riot will keep him in this state THIS LONG!

Support....he's a support.... Why would he have a long range attack????!
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#5DeleveleDPosted 1/24/2013 8:49:38 AM
You realize almost all ranged "Supports" have at least 550 range.

I just think it would be great if his was increased to at least 500, if not 525 or 550, but that would make him too strong in lane.
---
#6Blbmbr666Posted 1/24/2013 8:50:26 AM

I just think it would be great if his was increased to at least 500, if not 525 or 550, but that would make him too strong in lane.

Janna has 475. Get wrecked.
---
League of Legends IGN: JOEYballsGOTTI
http://i.imgur.com/bLa3Q.jpg
#7TomorrowDogPosted 1/24/2013 8:51:12 AM
"Thresh is OP."

"I wish he had a larger attack range."
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#8RihawfPosted 1/24/2013 8:52:06 AM
Recycle.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#9GrAyFoX312k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:55:42 AM
Support is my weakest role unless im saraka. I bought thresh so i have more options for support. So if i were going top or mid with him, i would build hybrid?

Also i dont understand his combo.
Q to someone, knock them towards your team, then box? I feel so squishy despite have 50 or so souls so i get focused and die when i try to do something.
---
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox
XBL/PSN : GrayFox312k
#10DeleveleDPosted 1/24/2013 9:01:10 AM
Blbmbr666 posted...

Janna has 475. Get wrecked.

Read: Almost all, besides, Janna doesn't accomplish anything with her auto attack, except maybe to trigger Pickpocket, at least Thresh's is smooth.

TomorrowDog posted...
"Thresh is OP."

"I wish he had a larger attack range."

One can dream.
---