how do i thresh?

#11flaminglinkPosted 1/24/2013 10:12:07 AM
I feel like with support Thresh you should be more defensive. Using your skills to keep people off your squishys while you should take him top so he has enough gold to get tanky if you wanna jump into the enemy team.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
#12Masemune_100Posted 1/24/2013 10:18:17 AM
flaminglink posted...
I feel like with support Thresh you should be more defensive. Using your skills to keep people off your squishys while you should take him top so he has enough gold to get tanky if you wanna jump into the enemy team.

Yeah, it's the opposite. You force the enemy bot lane into defense because of Thresh's presence, and if they screw up at all then you get your ADC a kill. He's tanky enough mid game off souls and a bit of health to go into the team, and by the time you need more tankiness you probably have an Aegis or something of the sort.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#13GrAyFoX312k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:29:47 AM
Oh ok. So i play defensive, shield my carry and push people off.

I hate it when i tell my team that clicking on my lantern pulls them toward me and they end up getting killed when i have it out.
---
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox
XBL/PSN : GrayFox312k
#14TruHNIC187Posted 1/24/2013 11:42:28 AM
i have used him a bunch now, and it is harder becuause everyone targets you more than most supports. that being said, how do you thresh?

positioning and lantern

if your adc goes into a foolish engagement that you dont think he can win, back off and throw your lantern a little behind him, then when hes in too deep he can use it to come to u.

when pulling with your chain try to walk toward them instead of away like the video shows. then when the animation is over, use E to keep them near for your adc to kill

take exhaust and flash

im sure there's plenty more im not thinking of or haven't discovered yet, but he'll b easier once everyone stops focusing him
#15The Last CetraPosted 1/24/2013 11:43:25 AM
Thresh is best played as an aggressive support IMO, ala Blitz, Ali and Leona.

Play in a more forward position, abuse the brush and keep your opponents afraid of getting hooked and pulled in. Use your lantern as an offensive tool, not just a defensive one. Drop your lantern back in your brush, push into their brush, land a hook and drag them in. If your ADC knows how lantern works, they can click it to jump in and secure a kill.

Landing your hooks is KEY. If you can't land a hook they won't be scared of you and you'll likely be the dead one.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#16eggbasketPosted 1/24/2013 11:58:52 AM
BISCUITLOL!
---
There's far too much trash in the universe.
#17GrAyFoX312k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:09:34 PM
In my first game i landed nearly every hook. It was like it never pulled far enough and if i activated q again, i would end up being stupidly overextended. It got to a point where they were not even afraid of it.
---
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox
XBL/PSN : GrayFox312k
#18TriangularTwigPosted 1/24/2013 1:15:40 PM
In my first game i landed nearly every hook. It was like it never pulled far enough and if i activated q again, i would end up being stupidly overextended. It got to a point where they were not even afraid of it.

that's your fault for q'ing recklessly. don't do it if they are too far for your ADC to damage them (unless you're AD Thresh I mean)

or don't activate Q again if its a bad idea
#19The Last CetraPosted 1/24/2013 1:20:54 PM
Thresh's hook is very dependant on your lane partner being on the ball. Communication is key!

Your ADC can't be hiding behind the creep wave while you're pushed up landing hooks, they'll be too far away. They have to be up close to you so they can follow up (See: throwing your lantern back so they can jump to you after you land a hook).

Unlike Blitz' grab, its half pull, half engage. You have to be a lot smarter about how you use it and your ADC needs to be much more aware of how to capitalize on it. If your carry isn't in proper position or doesn't know how to utilize your grab, you should probably just stick to playing passive and defending with your lantern.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death