so how about playing talon like this?

#1Dwhite_1Posted 1/24/2013 12:20:00 PM
Now that E really improves talon's damage, and Q's base damage doesn't improve much, I'd propose switching the skill that's maxed second to E. Placing a couple of points in Q as well is probably still good (as burst is burst), but i'd generally recommend playing talon while maxing E by lvl 15, reasons being that maxing e now greatly improves overall damage, and dropping 8 seconds from its cooldown (making it a 10-6 seconds (with 40% cdr) targeted blink) should greatly increase your mobility in teamfights, while having Q at only lvl 1-3 already means that you'll have it off cooldown by the time E is off cooldown, and considering you're mostly a hit and run champ unless you're cleaning up bigtime, you're not getting anywhere near what you'd get out of E, at least in my opinion.
-from lolwiki

kinda makes sense, Q got weaker E got buffed, so max E before Q now for more dmg and mobility?

tldr- Max R>W>E>Q instead of R>W>Q>E yay or nay?
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#2centurion911Posted 1/24/2013 12:21:45 PM
3% increase on his damage for 3 seconds after cast per level isn't worth the damage that Q gets per level
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#3Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 12:33:08 PM
so if thats the case then his early and mid game really did get nerfed and theres not a damn thing we can do about it.

you sure though, has anyone tested out maxing E before Q at all? i would but im too scared to do bad with talon, i want the memories ive had with him to be good ones of being op and stuff
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#4centurion911Posted 1/24/2013 12:35:06 PM
Dwhite_1 posted...
so if thats the case then his early and mid game really did get nerfed and theres not a damn thing we can do about it.

you sure though, has anyone tested out maxing E before Q at all? i would but im too scared to do bad with talon, i want the memories ive had with him to be good ones of being op and stuff

I am very sure. The extra levels add a little damage to hist W and R burst combos but his Q allows him to get more sustained damage, more damage in trades lasting over 3 seconds (most of them) and more damage overall.

If the damage buff was universal then you would have some merit, but it only lasts for a short while.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#5Rising ChaosPosted 1/24/2013 1:12:24 PM
The damage difference is minimal anyway and I like the CDR on E per level, honestly. ;[
---
"Pokey and the man."
#6TomorrowDogPosted 1/24/2013 1:27:16 PM
=( But Q is what lets me take a tower down in two seconds if somebody isn't there to defend it.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#7crosooPosted 1/24/2013 1:32:19 PM
i level e second and noticed 0 difference, still nuke like a boss.
#8XxjudgementPosted 1/24/2013 2:07:36 PM
2k Talon player reporting, always max Q second for the burst and the bleed goes well with ignite.
---
XBL: Woah its Martin
LoL: Woah its Jesus
#9Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 2:13:44 PM
Xxjudgement posted...
2k Talon player reporting, always max Q second for the burst and the bleed goes well with ignite.

alright. so can i get your opinion then. did talon definatley get a nerf in the mid and early game? and in teamfights in general

does he still do good bullying around the mid lane early and mid? like can he still kill them in pretty much 1 rotation?
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#10XxjudgementPosted 1/24/2013 2:46:43 PM
Dwhite_1 posted...
Xxjudgement posted...

alright. so can i get your opinion then. did talon definatley get a nerf in the mid and early game? and in teamfights in general

does he still do good bullying around the mid lane early and mid? like can he still kill them in pretty much 1 rotation?

His mid and early game damage got slapped a bit, but his late game got waaaay better now that it actually amplifies his damage now. What you generally want to do is play really safe until you're level 6+ then start roaming. If you get a early Black cleaver you may be able to one shot them. He can't kill people in one shot anymore, only if he gets fed, and only if late game happens and you jump on the ADC/Squishy champs.
---
XBL: Woah its Martin
LoL: Woah its Jesus