Champion FAQ Bounties: "A" through "F"

#1SBAllen(Admin)Posted 1/24/2013 1:51:13 PM
First of all, we'll post a list of the current Champions we're looking for. As I'm not well-versed on them all myself, we'll be going strictly alphabetically down the list. Once I post the topic about it, you can work on and submit a guide for one or more of the Champions we're looking for. The main reason we're doing it this way is to have some control over how much money we're paying out at any given time.

The first person to submit a guide for each Champion that meets the requirements (see below) wins the bounty for that Champion. If the guide is plain text, you get $5. If you use formatting, you get $10. This money is in the form of an Amazon.com gift card. If you need more information about formatting, check the Help section of the site. We will have an actual editor ready to help people make formatted guides within a month, but it's not ready quite yet. Also I just want to mention that generally, I only do payouts for contributors in lump batches once or twice a month, so it might take a couple weeks to get your payment. Rest assured, you WILL get it. If there's an urgent rush and you need the gift card sooner than I get it to you, just PM me and I'll get it to you more quickly.

So for criteria, here's a laundry list created with help from this board itself. Your guide doesn't have to be ordered this way and doesn't necessarily have to cover every single thing on the list, but you should cover as much of it as you can.

-Overview of Champion
-Pre-Game Setup
--Runes
--Masteries
-Skills and Leveling
-Item Builds
-Lane Matchups
-Strategies/Advice
--Early Game
--Mid Game
--Late Game
--Adapting to the Unexpected

Now I've mentioned more than once that I am not a pro at this game. My approval of your guide does NOT mean you win and get the money. After I post your guide, I'll be coming to this board and asking the users if they feel that it's up-to-date and relevant. This process does NOT take any personal bias about how to play the Champion into account, only that the guide applies to the current version of the game. If someone doesn't like your strategies, they are always welcome to create their own guide, after all.

I've been told that this is an excellent example guide aside from being out-of-date: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/954437-league-of-legends/faqs/60876

As I said, we'll only be paying the first person to submit a complete guide. Having said that, don't let that discourage you from submitting your own guide afterwards. We can host more than one FAQ per Champion and your guide might end up being more useful than the winning guide.

The final thing is that we won't allow the same person to claim more than two bounties per posting. The reason for this is that we want to encourage variety in the content rather than cookie cutter guides by the same author for every Champion. It's also because we aren't doing this for people to be greedy but rather to encourage everyone to participate. While you're welcome to submit guides for all the characters in the group, we'll only pay you for the first two.

Now then, like I said at the start, we'll be doing batches of Champions going alphabetically. This batch will cover the remaining "A"s through "D"s without a new guide from the last batch as well as the "E" and "F" Champions. I'm taking these names right from the LoL site, so hopefully they are all-inclusive. Let me know if I missed any or listed a Champion that doesn't exist or something:

Ahri
Alistar
Anivia
Blitzcrank
Brand
Cassiopeia
Cho'Gath
Corki
Darius
Dr. Mundo
Draven
Elise