thresh changing meta

#1MrDinkyPosted 1/24/2013 1:38:42 PM
can thresh duo top possibly remove need for jungler (and smite) in early game?
---
PSN:(MrDinky)____(o o)______|
MR.DINKY___.-ooO-(_)-Ooo-.__|
#2centurion911Posted 1/24/2013 1:39:18 PM
No
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#3iXCelticXiPosted 1/24/2013 1:39:53 PM
What
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#4xMikhalxPosted 1/24/2013 1:40:18 PM
I highly doubt it unless you have an olaf taking blue at the start/everyone helps get adc red.

Double buffs are just too useful to a team (and later securing dragon/baron).

It's not pretty when a jungler can gank nonstop with double buffs, much less having double the jungle to farm if it's a jungler capable of farming and can choose not to gank if it's too unfavorable to gank.
#5MrDinky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:41:12 PM
im not suggesting 2 supports.

im suggesting putting thresh top lane and building damage / either AD or otherwise.

eh. i think somethings there. i guessi shouldn't have expected much from gamefaqs in terms of discussion.
---
PSN:(MrDinky)____(o o)______|
MR.DINKY___.-ooO-(_)-Ooo-.__|
#6Marauder64Posted 1/24/2013 1:41:54 PM
Been in a few games like that myself, double supports(one top one bottom)......Threshes pull comes in handy in pulling the opponent away from their turrent.
---
The code of the elitist: If people like it, it sucks. : Sinix.
PSN: Gridmac
#7_HeXPosted 1/24/2013 1:42:48 PM
Taking a support top is hardly new meta.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#8SorrySleepingPosted 1/24/2013 1:43:48 PM
im not suggesting 2 supports.

im suggesting putting thresh top lane and building damage / either AD or otherwise.

eh. i think somethings there. i guessi shouldn't have expected much from gamefaqs in terms of discussion.

No one understands what you are saying. It is hard to have a discussion when things can't be discussed.

I highly doubt it unless you have an olaf taking blue at the start/everyone helps get adc red.

Double buffs are just too useful to a team (and later securing dragon/baron).

It's not pretty when a jungler can gank nonstop with double buffs, much less having double the jungle to farm if it's a jungler capable of farming and can choose not to gank if it's too unfavorable to gank.

Cho mid, Nunu bot, Thresh top. Top can get blue. Bot can get red (Nunu tanks). Double smites from Cho/Nunu ~can~ cover the jungle.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#9xMikhalxPosted 1/24/2013 1:47:47 PM
Yes and no... There is still a bite animation for Nunu/Cho... and as a somewhat decent jungler, I'd like to believe that if Cho is using his ult without smite to take baron/dragon, then my team will win the team fight. It's a different story if Nunu bites it, but I digress; smite is useful because you can use it instantaneously and through stuns/ranged.
#10EDumeyPosted 1/24/2013 1:48:04 PM

"My opinions right and I shouldn't expect other people to understand." Mature, dude.

There's no reason why Thresh would change this meta where people have been doing duo top with champs like Jarvan for forever. Just because you can get souls doesn't mean that it's more efficient than having someone get an entire income out of the Jungle gold, while your solo top gets all of the top farm.

Jungle isn't there because of a "need" of buffs or smite, but because it is an ideal setup that nets the most gold.

Also, I'd love to see you have no smite when you're trying to contest dragon or baron.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg