Why do ppl ward mid lane in the centre sometimes?

#1B0o0mPosted 1/24/2013 8:45:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nw64kavIDU

At 21:45 Ryze puts a ward down in pretty much the middle of his lane; I've seen quite a few people doing this before... why?

The only thing I could think of was that if a teammate has telly he can just tele onto the ward but his mates didn;t even have it sooo ;S
---
PSN/XBL:PolishBladeZ
TKO-Soulja
#2mutation10101Posted 1/24/2013 8:46:04 PM
To see when the enemy goes by mid.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#3happyscrub1Posted 1/24/2013 8:46:15 PM
So you see where their mid is going when you do have vision.

You can't see the middle of the lane if you farming under tower. Make it easier to call mia if you see them quickly run to the side.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#4x77654Posted 1/24/2013 8:47:08 PM
Was there a Lee Sin? He can jump to wards and that could help him gank much easier.
---
C-c-c-combo Breaker ( =O'.')===O<(x_X< )
#5Tony2CapPosted 1/24/2013 8:47:15 PM
i ward EVERYTHING
---
" Continue spreading the good word of Ranked across the nations. We will call you Jesus of Noxus.." - Rydethetiger
#6B0o0m(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:47:52 PM
Ahh, seems so self explanatory now that you say it... haha. Thanks
---
PSN/XBL:PolishBladeZ
TKO-Soulja
#7happyscrub1Posted 1/24/2013 8:55:01 PM
Its very good tactic if they have a mid that wants to shove and roam alot. Kass, talon, TF, ect.

They will shove tower hard as they can and then back off. Sometimes you don't really want to fight them and rather just farm. So you'll just last hit under turret. But those champs might back away out of your vision and run quickly to another lane before you notice. It will cause you to give a late mia.

Without the ward, you wouldn't know to call mia. You wouldn't know if they are at their wraiths, under their tower, or in middle of the lane where you can't see. Or you might keep spamming MIA when they are just on the other side of the lane waiting for minions to come in lane to farm.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#8LinkOfOrdonPosted 1/24/2013 9:02:47 PM
All these points above and if it is a vision ward it helps for anyone who turns invis to gank you (Eve,Twitch,Kha,Rengar,Wukong...) So really warding there is a great tactic. If I mid and see the chance to get a way with it I will put a ward there and at either bush and sometimes at the other side of the bushes over the wall so I don't get caught out pushing lane
---
Before you do something bad take a moment to ponder. Is it worth becoming a prinny for? Or worse..Etna's Vassal dood?
PSN: InisoMiagi Add meh ^_^
#9the_rowanPosted 1/24/2013 9:42:13 PM
It's more common to ward mid lane after a turret goes down there, since that enables a lot more situations where you won't have vision from minions.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia