It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#111SmishhhPosted 1/25/2013 10:39:09 AM
Don't care at all what people say in chat, if you aren't a very small child you can get over it or mute them if they are spamming. But the toxic behaviour that generally comes with excessive insults and such does deserve to be banned. Any sort of trolling or pig-headed behaviour that clearly has a negative impact on the ability of your teammates to enjoy the game is a problem in LoL.

Someone calling you names doesn't ruin your ability to have fun in this game if they are still trying to win and capable of teamwork. Sometimes you won't be in the mood for it, or the frustration of the game plus that can push you over the edge, but you can always just mute them and calm down.

So language alone is a no, but how often do you see people verbally abusing you in game but will one second later jump in front of a Cait ult for you? Toxic players need banning, and unfortunately the only feasible system we have for identifying them right now is people going through chat logs.
#112VeeVeesPosted 1/25/2013 10:42:27 AM
if you are too stupid to insult people in a way that won't get you banned you deserve to be banned.
---
Rudy sucks
**** Lars
#113user_ptPosted 1/25/2013 10:46:09 AM
I was going to post my opinion on this but luckily

Smishhh posted...
Don't care at all what people say in chat, if you aren't a very small child you can get over it or mute them if they are spamming. But the toxic behaviour that generally comes with excessive insults and such does deserve to be banned. Any sort of trolling or pig-headed behaviour that clearly has a negative impact on the ability of your teammates to enjoy the game is a problem in LoL.

Someone calling you names doesn't ruin your ability to have fun in this game if they are still trying to win and capable of teamwork. Sometimes you won't be in the mood for it, or the frustration of the game plus that can push you over the edge, but you can always just mute them and calm down.

So language alone is a no, but how often do you see people verbally abusing you in game but will one second later jump in front of a Cait ult for you? Toxic players need banning, and unfortunately the only feasible system we have for identifying them right now is people going through chat logs.

this man knows it right
#114mrg59Posted 1/25/2013 10:46:42 AM
DoctorEggman posted...
Correction: You get banned for verbal abuse, negative attitude, or being incredibly offensive after being warned multiple times to stop. Trash talk is fine if it is in good jest and isn't offensive or unsportsmanlike.

The only people who get banned are people who don't know where to draw the line. Anyone who thinks normal people who do normal things get banned are incredibly wrong and are probably attempting to troll or be disingenuous about the reasoning behind bans because they ARE one of the toxic players.

According to the LoL community (that partakes in the tribunal), all trash talk is offensive and unsportsmanlike. I was warned when my only chat line in the ENTIRE GAME from bot lane was "MF bro, I give lessons on how to last hit that I think you really need to take sometime" when I was at 150 cs to like 60 in a 0-0 kills lane.
#115profDEADPOOLPosted 1/25/2013 10:51:15 AM
DoctorEggman posted...
Correction: You get banned for verbal abuse, negative attitude, or being incredibly offensive after being warned multiple times to stop. Trash talk is fine if it is in good jest and isn't offensive or unsportsmanlike.

The only people who get banned are people who don't know where to draw the line. Anyone who thinks normal people who do normal things get banned are incredibly wrong and are probably attempting to troll or be disingenuous about the reasoning behind bans because they ARE one of the toxic players.

According to the LoL community (that partakes in the tribunal), all trash talk is offensive and unsportsmanlike. I was warned when my only chat line in the ENTIRE GAME from bot lane was "MF bro, I give lessons on how to last hit that I think you really need to take sometime" when I was at 150 cs to like 60 in a 0-0 kills lane.

But as you see it was always a warning.

And something tells me there was other things you were reported for also.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
#116Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/25/2013 10:59:27 AM
No matter what you do you will get reported. You can search forums and find screenshots of people banned for nothing as well. There was even one where had a time ban and was reported with negative attitude and only said gg entire match.

Say nothing get reported..try help get reported.. tell someone how get better get reported..call someone dumb on bad play get reported. Just play the game expecting to always get reported every match..because anything you say..can and probably is in some way offensive to someone.. even saying nothing or gg.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#117Dark_DcPosted 1/25/2013 11:03:47 AM
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls with literally no skin and takes insults they see over the internet to heart.

This is terribly naive. The internet isn't as anonymous as it once was, and there isn't really an excuse for being an *******. If someone in real life came into your house/store/business/whatever and started insulting and cursing you, wouldn't you tell them to gtfo?

Bad behaviour is bad behaviour all around, and I think it is more they want to be taken seriously. Not as a place where trolls hang out, but as a serious game/sport (if you wanna go there). If a player in a soccer game started **** talking, he'd be booted from the game.

Its just manners and basic human decency. Nothing to do with a tolerance for insults.
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#118HonzouPosted 1/25/2013 11:07:07 AM
It's better to cut the cancerous tumor (TOS offenders), than to put a bandage on it (muting players).

You don't like it then you are welcomed to drown ya pitiful tears in a corner of ya house.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#119DW2189Posted 1/25/2013 11:11:22 AM
Their game, their rules. It's very simple. If you don't like it go play something else.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#120Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/25/2013 11:16:24 AM
DW2189 posted...
Their game, their rules. It's very simple. If you don't like it go play something else.

Careful.. make sure they use lube..you seem very submissive.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.