It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#131HibyehiPosted 1/25/2013 12:03:31 PM
GujinKami posted...
Why should people be entitled to trash talk?

There's a mute button.

You cannot ignore someone mid-game though, therefore you have to put up with their trash talk the whole game, and it is really annoying. Something Riot should fix.
---
why does everyone always underestimate mickey?
Who does this? He's like the Yoda of KH, when his ass shows up you better check yo self. - DrunkBeardGuy
#132Rookie_JetPosted 1/25/2013 12:08:24 PM
Uru_Zeph posted...
I'm for the banhammers. If we want people to start taking video games serious as a form of media or competition, we need to conform to some of their standards. You know, the ones where being a dummy spouting venomous words at other people is frowned upon and punished. (Unless you're Kog 'Maw, then spit all the venom you want).

FTFY
#133anonymous46773Posted 1/25/2013 12:15:36 PM
Both should have been permabanned.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#134GoldenFantasyPosted 1/25/2013 12:20:15 PM
VeeVees posted...
if you are too stupid to insult people in a way that won't get you banned you deserve to be banned.

But what if someone knows you're insulting someone in a way that won't get you banned and then you get banned anyways?
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#135Golden MavenPosted 1/25/2013 12:21:35 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
You heard anything in the last few years about bully-related suicides?

I have. I heard about so called "Facebook bullying" or "Twitter bullying". I grew up while the Internet was mostly a geek's toy, so I don't understand it. From my perspective, you can always just log off. The Internet is a place to "act a fool" if you want to to me.

It used to be that for any kid who got bullied at school, at the very least you hopefully had a safe haven at home. But now today's kids are constantly connected apparently and glued to Facebook. I personally think the Internet needs to go back to being a toy and a tool, but not an extension of anyone's social life.
#136Rookie_JetPosted 1/25/2013 12:27:08 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...
You heard anything in the last few years about bully-related suicides?

I have. I heard about so called "Facebook bullying" or "Twitter bullying". I grew up while the Internet was mostly a geek's toy, so I don't understand it. From my perspective, you can always just log off. The Internet is a place to "act a fool" if you want to to me.

It used to be that for any kid who got bullied at school, at the very least you hopefully had a safe haven at home. But now today's kids are constantly connected apparently and glued to Facebook. I personally think the Internet needs to go back to being a toy and a tool, but not an extension of anyone's social life.

Since that's not going to happen, and will almost certainly just go farther in the direction it's going, Riot is evolving right along with the societal changes.
#137dkgamerPosted 1/25/2013 12:30:48 PM
Those guys are supposed to be professionals, riot put a lot of money into the esports scene and these guys get payed a lot of money by sponsors and riot themselves. They should therefor set an example and be seen to be behaving in a professional manner.
You wouldn't expect to go into work, call your boss a ****ing w****r and a noob and expect not to be punished :P
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#138easymodexzPosted 1/25/2013 12:31:38 PM
DoctorEggman posted...
The only people who get banned are people who don't know where to draw the line. Anyone who thinks normal people who do normal things get banned are incredibly wrong and are probably attempting to troll or be disingenuous about the reasoning behind bans because they ARE one of the toxic players.

This is incorrect. There are many bans handed out for pretty tame behavior. This is particularly true recently since a lot of players troll in game by massing reports on other players.

It's actually pretty comical at this point.

You even get banned for saying "BG" at the end of a game when a team was stomping, or with disconnects -- e.g. legitimate reasons to call a game a waste of time.

You also get banned for NOT typing (since typing tends to get you banned).

In both normal and ranked games, you can be banned for not picking meta-friendly champs.
#139Sid_IcarusPosted 1/25/2013 12:34:26 PM
DoctorEggman posted...
The only people who get banned are people who don't know where to draw the line. Anyone who thinks normal people who do normal things get banned are incredibly wrong and are probably attempting to troll or be disingenuous about the reasoning behind bans because they ARE one of the toxic players.

This is incorrect. There are many bans handed out for pretty tame behavior. This is particularly true recently since a lot of players troll in game by massing reports on other players.

It's actually pretty comical at this point.

You even get banned for saying "BG" at the end of a game when a team was stomping, or with disconnects -- e.g. legitimate reasons to call a game a waste of time.

You also get banned for NOT typing (since typing tends to get you banned).

In both normal and ranked games, you can be banned for not picking meta-friendly champs.

List direct cases of that happening
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#140iiTryhardPosted 1/25/2013 12:35:19 PM
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls with literally no skin and takes insults they see over the internet to heart.

---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg