It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#141easymodexzPosted 1/25/2013 12:35:41 PM
Sidenote: You should see some of the Tribunal nazis. They review cases with comments like "the player could have been nicer". This is when the player (who was banned) basically didn't say much, and the only things they did say were cold and neutral. People reviewing the cases actually state that the player "should have helped teach the team".

As if it's daycare for preschool.

I pretty much stopped taking the Tribunal seriously after reading their reviews. Trash Tribunal reviewers = trash system. It's that simple.

As general advice I strongly recommend against spending RP, due to the Tribunal fluctuations.
#142iiTryhardPosted 1/25/2013 12:35:52 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
DoctorEggman posted...
The only people who get banned are people who don't know where to draw the line. Anyone who thinks normal people who do normal things get banned are incredibly wrong and are probably attempting to troll or be disingenuous about the reasoning behind bans because they ARE one of the toxic players.

This is incorrect. There are many bans handed out for pretty tame behavior. This is particularly true recently since a lot of players troll in game by massing reports on other players.

It's actually pretty comical at this point.

You even get banned for saying "BG" at the end of a game when a team was stomping, or with disconnects -- e.g. legitimate reasons to call a game a waste of time.

You also get banned for NOT typing (since typing tends to get you banned).

In both normal and ranked games, you can be banned for not picking meta-friendly champs.

List direct cases of that happening

My friend got a 2 week ban for taking Lee Sin mid before it was a thing
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#143MrMisanthropePosted 1/25/2013 12:36:00 PM
dkgamer posted...
Those guys are supposed to be professionals, riot put a lot of money into the esports scene and these guys get payed a lot of money by sponsors and riot themselves. They should therefor set an example and be seen to be behaving in a professional manner.
You wouldn't expect to go into work, call your boss a ****ing w****r and a noob and expect not to be punished :P

This, 100%. If you want to be a professional, you have to behave professionally. That's life, and games are no exception.
#144chrono625Posted 1/25/2013 12:37:46 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
Jonmaximum posted...
In you insult someone in a professional Sport, an insult on level of the League ones, like something involving family members, you will get punished. If you do it frequetly, you will probably be banished from the Professinal legues.

If you insult someone on your work, in front of everyone else, you will lose your job.

If i said "gg ez" in any of those environments nothing would happen to me. However in League, it will get me banned.

No one cares about nerd speak in real life situations.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#145easymodexzPosted 1/25/2013 12:38:44 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...

Search for the last 10 threads on Riot GD that exceed 150 pages with titles similar to "LYTE ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

I myself have been banned for not picking the meta in normal, blind-pick, non-ranked queue (evidently I shouldn't have done it multiple times within two weeks -- I should have spaced out my non-meta picks across 3 months or something).

Best part is that when I linked my case (which is now expired), most of my friends laughed and said they should be perma-banned, but that comes as no surprise.

Honestly, with how much auto-punish voting goes on in the Tribunal, I'm surprised more of the playerbase hasn't been banned by this point.
#146chrono625Posted 1/25/2013 12:40:40 PM
Supercuaco666 posted...
Exilious posted...
The problem with the internet is that everywhere has their own rules and laws. Despite the fact that Riot is based in the US, the European servers are located in Europe and even in 2013, freedom of speech is something that even 1st world countries dont all recognize. Things like racism are not only mean and cruel but also illegal.

My personal view is that if people have a problem with it, they can turn on the chat filter. But alas, Riot has to cater to the majority of its players: 12 year olds.

This guy got banned.

You mean catering to the mature crowd who doesn't want to deal with obnoxious 12 year olds?

For god sakes if you are in your adult years and you are online complaining and harassing someone because of a video game you need to take a step back and rethink your life.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#147profDEADPOOLPosted 1/25/2013 12:45:52 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...

Search for the last 10 threads on Riot GD that exceed 150 pages with titles similar to "LYTE ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

I myself have been banned for not picking the meta in normal, blind-pick, non-ranked queue (evidently I shouldn't have done it multiple times within two weeks -- I should have spaced out my non-meta picks across 3 months or something).

Best part is that when I linked my case (which is now expired), most of my friends laughed and said they should be perma-banned, but that comes as no surprise.

Honestly, with how much auto-punish voting goes on in the Tribunal, I'm surprised more of the playerbase hasn't been banned by this point.

How about you link to them rather then saying they exist dude.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, and JLD
#148Golden MavenPosted 1/25/2013 1:05:30 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
Since that's not going to happen, and will almost certainly just go farther in the direction it's going, Riot is evolving right along with the societal changes.

Well I suppose I can't blame Riot from that perspective.
#149Sid_IcarusPosted 1/25/2013 1:41:58 PM(edited)
Sid_Icarus posted...

Not my job to do your job. You make the accusations, you bring out the proof yourself.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#150lordjinPosted 1/25/2013 1:27:50 PM(edited)
I don't often find the need to trash talk anyone - never found it to be of any use unless I needed to trash talk them to get something out of them.

So when do you trash talk and is it even worth it? Because if you lack confidence and you're looking to trash talk someone because you're so low in your own life then that's a personal problem.

If you're using it as a means to play head games because you aren't coming from a place of being a turd'ling then it makes sense to do it otherwise what is the point beyond that utility?

Only two types of people who trash talk:

People who are weak about themselves (lower ego, needing attention but no real love for thy self)
and
People who are utilizing it to elicit missteps from their opponent either int he current game or in future games.