It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#161Uru_ZephPosted 1/25/2013 2:02:28 PM
Okay, so as of yet, I've heard several people saying that trash talkers shouldn't be banned because there is a mute button. Fair enough, you're right, there is a mute button, but that doesn't actually address the problem of people thinking it's okay to be rude and blatantly cruel towards others online. I don't care if there is a mute button, I don't want any community that I'm part of to condone such behavior. That kind of behavior is accepted as unacceptable in any real life situation, so why should online be any different? What if, rather than muting people, I'd rather know that I won't *have* to mute people because the people I'm playing with will be respectful and sportsmanlike? You see, even if there is a mute button, the community is still affected by cruel behavior.

So, here's the question; how exactly is it unfair to ban someone from a game because they refuse to conform to pre-established social rules? The argument for some games is that, since the person paid for the game, it's not fair because they no longer get to play what they paid for. I disagree with this argument, but even supposing I did acknowledge it as valid, LoL is a free-to-play game, so absolutely no transaction has been made entitling anyone to its content.

I don't think it should be a permanent ban, I think it should scale based on the number of offenses. Starting with warnings, it would go to a short ban, and each subsequent ban would be longer. That's fair.
#162DarksteelPosted 1/25/2013 2:02:50 PM
ReloadPsi posted...
If you've no respect for the fact that people have put the time aside to play a game with you, play a single-player game. There are thousands to choose from on every system.

My thoughts exactly.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#163tombman27Posted 1/25/2013 2:11:09 PM
people get wrongfully banned all the time.

You are naive if you think that Riot has 100% accuracy.

That being said, more or less, most people complaining of being banned are full of ****.
---
Reppin the YG
#164Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/25/2013 2:16:35 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
No matter what you do you will get reported. You can search forums and find screenshots of people banned for nothing as well. There was even one where had a time ban and was reported with negative attitude and only said gg entire match.

Say nothing get reported..try help get reported.. tell someone how get better get reported..call someone dumb on bad play get reported. Just play the game expecting to always get reported every match..because anything you say..can and probably is in some way offensive to someone.. even saying nothing or gg.

You don't know how the tribunal system works, do you?

You do know the same people who troll your games..troll the boards.. use the internet are the same ones who use the tribunal too? You don't know how the internet works do you?

Google is your friend..you will find lots of troll bans that people punished for nothing also.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#165Sid_IcarusPosted 1/25/2013 2:27:47 PM
Sid_Icarus posted...
No matter what you do you will get reported. You can search forums and find screenshots of people banned for nothing as well. There was even one where had a time ban and was reported with negative attitude and only said gg entire match.

Say nothing get reported..try help get reported.. tell someone how get better get reported..call someone dumb on bad play get reported. Just play the game expecting to always get reported every match..because anything you say..can and probably is in some way offensive to someone.. even saying nothing or gg.

You don't know how the tribunal system works, do you?

You do know the same people who troll your games..troll the boards.. use the internet are the same ones who use the tribunal too? You don't know how the internet works do you?

Google is your friend..you will find lots of troll bans that people punished for nothing also.

You could of just said you didn't know how it works. It's obvious that you don't
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#166CheezWhizXPosted 1/25/2013 2:32:03 PM
Sir_Specter posted...
How are there going to be any LoL players left after about a week? The bannable offenses sum up the entire community.

These guys were reported at least 4+ time in EVERY game they were in. You know how much effort that takes? Even the worst people I know have trouble getting reported 2 times a game.

Not to mention one of these guys was sending death threats to multiple people (including a Riot employee) while another was intentionally DDOS'ing people in his games.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#167Undead587Posted 1/25/2013 2:39:05 PM(edited)
The best way to keep the good apples from spoiling are to remove the bad ones.

LoL has one of the worst online communities around. Taking out the "bad apples" is the most effective means of improving the community as a whole. From a strict business standpoint, a good community will attract more customers, bringing in more income.

That being said, I pity those that trash talk on online games. I am the most chill guy around and get along great with most people. Those that find it necessary to insult others anonymously are just pathetic people. I have never understood what is gained by making other people's gaming experience less enjoyable.
#168Super_Jedi7Posted 1/25/2013 3:00:11 PM
Undead587 posted...
The best way to keep the good apples from spoiling are to remove the bad ones.

LoL has one of the worst online communities around. Taking out the "bad apples" is the most effective means of improving the community as a whole. From a strict business standpoint, a good community will attract more customers, bringing in more income.

That being said, I pity those that trash talk on online games. I am the most chill guy around and get along great with most people. Those that find it necessary to insult others anonymously are just pathetic people. I have never understood what is gained by making other people's gaming experience less enjoyable.

I feel the same way. I dont play LOL but I do like MOBAs and DOTA and I think people are quite irritating sometimes. I wish more games would ban for trash talking as well.
#169TriangularTwigPosted 1/25/2013 3:16:16 PM
the "it's not real life" is probably one of the stupidest things in the world. yeah, the internet is fake, it doesn't exist!! its just in ur imagination!!

or alternatively, the internet exists on a separate ontological mode of existence which bears no relation to our metaphysics. either way, you have zero idea what you are saying and are one of many plebs
#170P00DGEPosted 1/25/2013 3:32:06 PM
Trash talking is one of my favorite things about online gaming. I don't harass people too often unless they ask for it or unless it is for the sake of having a fun shouting match, but I cringe... LITERALLY cringe when I see people say stuff like "gg wp" or other various kiss-assery things. I like heavy competition, not care bear attitudes everywhere. I don't get offended or mad when trash talking is thrown in my direction.