It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#171baron1232Posted 1/25/2013 3:34:51 PM
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
Go insult someone's mother in a soccer game in front of the referee.

See where that gets you.

(A yellow card)

...And a yellow card doesn't get you banned. It's a slap on the wrist.

You're thinking of a red card.
---
Shoo baht wee yoo.
#172ISF_Lmaokai_TMHPosted 1/25/2013 3:37:15 PM
If I was creating a game that I wanted to be a success in the competitive scene, I'd make sure none of the douchebags or internet bullies could play my reindeer game for sure
---
IGN: Wolf Beil / Nemichthyidae
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lmaokai
#173zefigPosted 1/25/2013 3:38:05 PM
P00DGE posted...
Trash talking is one of my favorite things about online gaming. I don't harass people too often unless they ask for it or unless it is for the sake of having a fun shouting match, but I cringe... LITERALLY cringe when I see people say stuff like "gg wp" or other various kiss-assery things. I like heavy competition, not care bear attitudes everywhere. I don't get offended or mad when trash talking is thrown in my direction.

Yes, mutual respect between competitors disgusts me as well.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#174Lord SojiroPosted 1/25/2013 3:39:38 PM
P00DGE posted...
Trash talking is one of my favorite things about online gaming. I don't harass people too often unless they ask for it or unless it is for the sake of having a fun shouting match, but I cringe... LITERALLY cringe when I see people say stuff like "gg wp" or other various kiss-assery things. I like heavy competition, not care bear attitudes everywhere. I don't get offended or mad when trash talking is thrown in my direction.

Why do you say it like you can only have one by forgoing the other? You do realize it's possible to be competitive and still not be an ass to someone right?
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#175AerLightwingPosted 1/25/2013 5:20:44 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
AerLightwing posted...
Glad to see there are more sensible people on this particular topic than not.
Seriously, anonymity should not be used as an excuse to be an ass-hat, and those that do use it as an excuse because it's not IRL and "doesn't hurt anybody", or use "freedom of speech" as their excuse, well.......IMO, those people need counseling for anger issues.
Deeply rooted anger issues, that they obviously can't express anywhere else but in counseling, or safely behind an anonymous tag while online.

Common courtesy should be taken seriously.
At least serious enough to have it no matter where one is speaking.[or in this case, typing]

You know whats funny is after the say "gg ez" the amount of angry responses I get apply to what you are saying more than what I'm doing, yet those are the kind of people who report. If someone says anything rude to me it doesn't bother me and I barely have reported any player.

Their responses are oil on flame, I agree, but leaving out the "ez" would go a long way towards preventing such responses.
Nobody likes seeing their efforts ridiculed.
---
My screen-name on the web, usually, is smashbrolink. Look for me on Gaia Online.com.^_^
Oh, and don't let the name fool you: I play on PS3 as well.^_-
#176VeeVeesPosted 1/25/2013 5:55:49 PM
baron1232 posted...
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
Go insult someone's mother in a soccer game in front of the referee.

See where that gets you.

(A yellow card)

...And a yellow card doesn't get you banned. It's a slap on the wrist.

You're thinking of a red card.

if you get too many yellow cards you get suspended

and lol level insults will definitely get a player fined
---
Rudy sucks
**** Lars
#177tamayamawuvPosted 1/25/2013 6:02:05 PM
If it's nothing big, then there's no point in banning. But if the person is constantly harrassing others, I don't want them playing the game.
#178Blue_IronPosted 1/25/2013 6:07:42 PM
This thread is filled with people going "yeah it's totally right, people who don't have nice things to say should just keep quiet!"
But no, i refuse
If you're stupid enough to go top (while on half hp) where there are 3 enemies taking the tower (one of them being a fed kassadin) and just give away a free kill (in a ranked match, no less) i'm going to call you out on it and i will call you stupid for trying that.
---
You kids always talking about little Timmy
One of these days he's gonna get mad that people are talking behind his back like that -BraveAdol
#179ImpurePariahPosted 1/25/2013 6:10:15 PM
Shadow_of_Deth posted...
So you get banned for trash talk? Seems a bit harsh.

Pro athletes get suspended games for trash talk....
---
http://www.shadowbrotherhood.org
PSN: ImpurePariah GT: Fieryballs
#180LetseivPosted 1/25/2013 6:21:40 PM
Saying "**** are you stupid?" is an understandable reaction as you are frustrated, although completely unnecessary. Some people don't stop at that, they go on and on over silly mistakes, insulting others throughout their matches. Why shouldn't they get punished? and don't give me that "There is a mute button" crap.