It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#61MilenninPosted 1/25/2013 3:31:09 AM
Lol at people being upset that they can get banned for trash talking in a game. How about you guys give your keyboards a rest during the game (c'mon, it can't be that hard) - or just move on to another game that will let you trash talk without penalties. No need to cry about it.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#62ExiliousPosted 1/25/2013 3:39:05 AM
The problem with the internet is that everywhere has their own rules and laws. Despite the fact that Riot is based in the US, the European servers are located in Europe and even in 2013, freedom of speech is something that even 1st world countries dont all recognize. Things like racism are not only mean and cruel but also illegal.

My personal view is that if people have a problem with it, they can turn on the chat filter. But alas, Riot has to cater to the majority of its players: 12 year olds.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#63SlaynPosted 1/25/2013 3:39:19 AM
This game requires too much communication. If they let people flame each other all day you would have to mute everyone in game and that would get annoying basically with everyone either going off on each other of ignoring each other all game. Then you get stuck with people 20-60m either not talking or just cussing each other out all day.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#64Supercuaco666Posted 1/25/2013 3:40:55 AM
Exilious posted...
The problem with the internet is that everywhere has their own rules and laws. Despite the fact that Riot is based in the US, the European servers are located in Europe and even in 2013, freedom of speech is something that even 1st world countries dont all recognize. Things like racism are not only mean and cruel but also illegal.

My personal view is that if people have a problem with it, they can turn on the chat filter. But alas, Riot has to cater to the majority of its players: 12 year olds.

This guy got banned.
---
I'm apparently horse food.
#65Frosted_MidnaPosted 1/25/2013 3:58:38 AM
AerLightwing posted...
Glad to see there are more sensible people on this particular topic than not.
Seriously, anonymity should not be used as an excuse to be an ass-hat, and those that do use it as an excuse because it's not IRL and "doesn't hurt anybody", or use "freedom of speech" as their excuse, well.......IMO, those people need counseling for anger issues.
Deeply rooted anger issues, that they obviously can't express anywhere else but in counseling, or safely behind an anonymous tag while online.

Common courtesy should be taken seriously.
At least serious enough to have it no matter where one is speaking.[or in this case, typing]

This
---
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i28.tinypic.com/55gw9h.jpg
#66Black_AssassinPosted 1/25/2013 4:37:39 AM
Exilious posted...
freedom of speech

LoL is a private service. Being able to play it is not a right.
#67WimpyWeaksaucePosted 1/25/2013 4:43:17 AM(edited)
There are 2 big problems I have with Riot's stance against trash talking:

1) Players who put money into the game in the past have to abide by these relatively new rules now. All of that money goes down the drain if you don't like them. This is a competitive game. Trash talking is expected. At least it WAS expected. I don't care what Riot thinks now. This isn't what I paid money for.

2) Players don't communicate as much any more. I remember when this game came out, everyone was chatting all the time. Yeah, there was trash talk. But there were more constructive things being discussed in game. Nowadays, people barely talk to each other. It feels empty. When people are nice to each other, it's usually so they can get those stupid points. Nobody is genuine any more.

I no longer use in-game chat. I just ping the map for MIAs, baron, or whatever. But I've mostly stopped playing in solo queues. I only play when my friends want me to.

I was never one to trash talk or lose my cool. I just don't see the point in talking to my teammates anymore. The old community I know has moved on. The people left behind are a completely different crowd. And it's not the kind of crowd I want to speak with. The kind of crowd that is easily offended. I don't like people with thin skin.

Draconian rules scared away the old community so one largely made of pansies could move in. Yet the same raging idiots are still around, making new accounts every month.
---
http://i31.tinypic.com/2aerpu8.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/29mwpok.jpg
#68Black_AssassinPosted 1/25/2013 4:44:08 AM
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13680560/doshio.png
#69snowboard340Posted 1/25/2013 4:47:18 AM
I can understand Riot banning an account for trash talking online, but banning people from ever playing the game ever again at home or in competition is just stupid.
#70ChocoboDreamsPosted 1/25/2013 4:50:39 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls with literally no skin and takes insults they see over the internet to heart.

It's a free game, with free service. They set the terms of use, you're free to not accept them and go play a manlier game.

---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams