It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#71ExiliousPosted 1/25/2013 3:55:46 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Exilious posted...
freedom of speech

LoL is a private service. Being able to play it is not a right.

Reading the entire paragraph would help.

I said Freedom of speech is NOT a right and in fact saying certain things on LoL could be criminal depending on country.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#72ExiliousPosted 1/25/2013 4:00:53 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls with literally no skin and takes insults they see over the internet to heart.

It's a free game, with free service. They set the terms of use, you're free to not accept them and go play a manlier game.

The problem with that is LoL has no official rules. Only the summoners code, which according to Riot is based an the honor system of respect towards other players. Players are NOT required to accept the terms of the summoners code as a condition of playing.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#73OMGWYATTPosted 1/25/2013 4:14:17 AM
I'm so glad they finally did this. The game is full of internet tough guys that do nothing but complain. Even when there's nothing to complain about. Someone is always doing something wrong (differently) or "stole a kill", or is "hacking" or "lagging". It made the game almost unbearable if you wanted to interact with anyone else.
#74ChisukaPosted 1/25/2013 4:17:45 AM
Exilious posted...
CheeseItBaggins posted...
GujinKami posted...
Riot wants their audience to be a bunch of little girls with literally no skin and takes insults they see over the internet to heart.

It's a free game, with free service. They set the terms of use, you're free to not accept them and go play a manlier game.

The problem with that is LoL has no official rules. Only the summoners code, which according to Riot is based an the honor system of respect towards other players. Players are NOT required to accept the terms of the summoners code as a condition of playing.

Pretty sure the ToS mentions quite a few things...
---
"God forbid we not stare at mithra ass for 6 hours while waiting for our Monk to get a group to punch stuff." - AnguishedTears
#75refmonPosted 1/25/2013 4:39:50 AM
DoctorEggman posted...
If you badmouth people in pro sports, you could get suspended or fined, and it'll be all over the news and mar your image for time to come.
This isn't a pro IRL sport, though, but people still shake hands after amateur sports games, etc. Why not the same for league? Why do people lose all form or respect for other people and feel the urge to insult others?
There is something called "sportsmanship" and league expects you to show it. Its in the rules, don't be an ass to other people. You agreed to them to play, and if you break em, you get banned. If you get a warning from Tribunal, its a sign that you are taking it too far, and should dial back.

Now, if you're badmouthing your own team, you're a special kind of idiot who definitely deserves to get banned.

This is a game, not a sport
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#76HL_is_the_bestPosted 1/25/2013 4:50:00 AM
DoctorEggman posted...
If you badmouth people in pro sports, you could get suspended or fined, and it'll be all over the news and mar your image for time to come.
This isn't a pro IRL sport, though, but people still shake hands after amateur sports games, etc. Why not the same for league? Why do people lose all form or respect for other people and feel the urge to insult others?
There is something called "sportsmanship" and league expects you to show it. Its in the rules, don't be an ass to other people. You agreed to them to play, and if you break em, you get banned. If you get a warning from Tribunal, its a sign that you are taking it too far, and should dial back.

Now, if you're badmouthing your own team, you're a special kind of idiot who definitely deserves to get banned.

So can you go play football with some guys and then rage at them?
---
''Is it possible to kill the Scout with his own balls if you handle your blast with skill?'' USTraficant
#77BurnumMasterPosted 1/25/2013 4:55:56 AM
HL_is_the_best posted...
DoctorEggman posted...

So can you go play football with some guys and then rage at them?

Yeah, roid rage is real
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#78DogmanwalkingPosted 1/25/2013 5:08:27 AM
Trash talking is so much more fun playing a game against bots. I can call them any horrible thing I want and all they do is take it ^_^.

Seriously, you can complain all you want "Oh noes, they're behavior nazis!" but it's a game. How fun do you think it is for other players to listen to you complain and moan and degrade them? It's one thing to give someone constructive criticism if they are playing poorly, it's another to start spamming how much you think they suck.

You can talking about being able to ignore the person all you want, but I can say for myself I don't appreciate being bad mouthed constantly to my other teammates. It ruins any fun dealing with an immature child who can't play without mouthing off constantly.

To summerize, if you don't like the idea that you can be banned for repeatedly harassing others, STFU GTFO and BYOQQ.
#79FreshSushiPosted 1/25/2013 5:11:54 AM
Who cares.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#80Virtue777Posted 1/25/2013 5:56:49 AM
Riot and many players want to see LoL thrive as an "esport." Think about it. Is there any sport where players are allowed to sling racial slurs and homophobic insults around? Even casual football clubs and whatnot have standards that enforce good sportsmanship.

If you were playing LoL with people at a lan center that could actually see you and be in close physical distance with you, would you still call them a ***? No. You wouldn't. 99% of people in this thread wouldn't even consider it.

So stop being a little baby about it. Act like an adult, treat others as you want to be treated and as if they were sitting a few ft away from you. Stop using the veil of anonymity to act like a tough guy. We all know IRL those same folks are the ultimate wussies, and LoL is their outlet because they have no other.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382