It's unfair, if they weren't cheating, they shouldn't be banned.

#91LimbicPosted 1/25/2013 8:30:11 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Those behind this are probably the same kind of people who want sodas and whatever else they deem bad banned. Regulating player behaviour seems to be the norm now. In fact, it's a reflection of our current culture.

Back in 2000ish, the idea of banning or otherwise punishing people for not behaving "appropriately" was inconceivable. I'm not sure what happened since. Looks like people are taking games just a little too seriously now.

I totally disagree. With soda, I think that people should be free to wreck their bodies without gov't involvement because people are mainly hurting themselves. Possibly their kids if they die of a heart attack, but mostly themselves.

But when players spit vitriol at each other, that's a case of one person hurting someone else. This is why we need laws. To me, the distinction between the freedom to hurt yourself and the freedom to hurt your neighbor is the difference between liberty and mere anarchy.
---
Paid DLC at release = end of games.
#92Loui5planksPosted 1/25/2013 8:59:13 AM
The whole tribunal system is one giant open wound with puss tentacles and just isnt good. It penalized self defense and prevents would-have-been hilarious games.
---
GT: SuP3R SCoP3
#93Uru_ZephPosted 1/25/2013 9:01:19 AM
I'm for the banhammers. If we want people to start taking video games serious as a form of media or competition, we need to conform to some of their standards. You know, the ones where being a dummy spouting venomous words at other people is frowned upon and punished. (Unless you're Cho Gath, then spit all the venom you want).
#94CruorComaPosted 1/25/2013 9:10:12 AM
Respect should be a universal concept. The fact that rules need to be enforced to make it so is the sad part.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#95Unbridled9Posted 1/25/2013 9:10:23 AM
I fully approve of this banning. I know some people don't quite get it, but most of us do not want to be subjugated to an onslaught of slurs, abuses, and being called a moron for the slightest error. This is a game that we want to play to have fun, not to have some idiot yell at us about how we are mentally disabled and filled with bodily excrement just because we missed a skillshot. I treat the other players like they were in the same room as me and I could see them when I chat. I don't use my anonymity as a defense or excuse for poor sportsmanship.

What I find really terrifying is the fact that, it seems, the only difference between the raging toxic players and normal people is, effectively, a mask. If someone could invent a mask that hid their true identity so many people would go on a rampage of verbal insults and toxicity IRL.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#96Nintendo guyPosted 1/25/2013 9:10:24 AM
Considering how utterly cancerous this game's community is, I feel they should ban people more often for things like this.
#97mantana888Posted 1/25/2013 9:19:27 AM
Riot should just ban everyone.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#98hawkeye2188Posted 1/25/2013 9:22:31 AM
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
Go insult someone's mother in a soccer game in front of the referee.

See where that gets you.

(A yellow card)

And a headbutt to the sternum. On the other hand the guy that delivered the headbutt got red carded.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#99mycousinvinniePosted 1/25/2013 9:30:12 AM
yet it's fair to get banned if your new to the game and you can't play well so your teammates report you for being bad?
#100mantana888Posted 1/25/2013 9:37:04 AM
mycousinvinnie posted...
yet it's fair to get banned if your new to the game and you can't play well so your teammates report you for being bad?

Except that doesn't happen.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.