If you get banned, you should get the money you spent on RP back.

#161PezofpowerPosted 1/27/2013 10:09:42 AM
TheDarkNerd posted...
Riot has the power to take hurtful words away from the game. There are games that exist even where you can't even submit anything without first removing the negative comments.

There's a world of difference between hurtful words and foul language, however. It's entirely possible to swear like a sailor without directing even an iota of spite at anyone. Consider the difference between:

"f***, my bad!"

and

"n00b, you are terrible. No, seriously, you suck. Uninstall, smash your computer, and go hang yourself right now."

The latter wouldn't even get filtered, yet is a much worse thing to say.

Honestly, word filters are a damper on communication, especially when they react to false positives. I can't even say Assassin in Ragnarok Odyssey, even though it's one of six classes. Really, people should be held accountable for the things they say, rather than the words they use.

People should also be held accountable by their peers in real life. League is such a mixed demographic that you don't really have any room for peer review. for example if you said that to me, as a twentysomething I don't really care I'd block you and go on with my morning coffee. However a 15 year old might have hurt feelings about it. It is a possibility though that If I was in a bad mood that day I might just report you to spite you. Conversely a 15 year old playing league has less of a concept of verbatim than I do and is more likely to swear and say hurtful things defensively and so he doesn't necessarily understand what he is doing is as wrong as you or I perceive it. My biggest problem with your alleged accountability is that Riot controls the mediums in which you are allowed to hold yourself accountable. For example, the bans for not talking. Personally for me, my alternative to raging at someone is to just not talk and muse at their stupidity. But In League that's not an option, and so I am left to say superfluous things that I don't mean which IMO is worse than just being a dick to someone, because at least then i'm not lying.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#162The_DarkwalkerPosted 1/29/2013 12:16:49 PM
iiTryhard posted...
I can say anything I want on a game like TF2 and they won't ban me, because there is a cash shop. Smart game companies know not to cater to the little girls who get offended when someone tells them they suck.

People get told they suck at things in real life all the time. There's no ban feature in real life, it's just an excuse for little nerd kids to hide behind their computers and get a false sense that they hold some power over another human being when the reality is they most likely can't go to a normal school or be out in public since they get chastised for their inability to stand up for themselves.

Well, to be fair, fourteen year olds like you shouldn't be playing big boy games anyway.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#163PezofpowerPosted 1/29/2013 7:33:33 PM
The_Darkwalker posted...
iiTryhard posted...
I can say anything I want on a game like TF2 and they won't ban me, because there is a cash shop. Smart game companies know not to cater to the little girls who get offended when someone tells them they suck.

People get told they suck at things in real life all the time. There's no ban feature in real life, it's just an excuse for little nerd kids to hide behind their computers and get a false sense that they hold some power over another human being when the reality is they most likely can't go to a normal school or be out in public since they get chastised for their inability to stand up for themselves.

Well, to be fair, fourteen year olds like you shouldn't be playing big boy games anyway.

You just washed away all your credibility. GG.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#164BondedByBloodPosted 1/29/2013 7:37:37 PM
*Le me eating popcorn while reading this topic
---
FFIV is better than FFVI. People who agree: 1