Reasoning behind Fiendish Codex nerf?

#1Flame_HazardPosted 1/25/2013 3:10:04 PM
A nerf to Athene's, Nashor's, and Morellonomicon, with no particular compensation I'm aware of? Just curious, but why?
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#2VoidgolemPosted 1/25/2013 3:11:52 PM
so manaless guys can pick it (and some of it's upgrades) up without wasting gold on Mp5, I suppose.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#3shadowtemariPosted 1/25/2013 3:35:57 PM
Its probably the stupidest thing in the coming patch but my guess is they did it to nerf all the mids that rush athenes, teemo (maybe also kayles) for nashor. Morello i have no idea, is it even used that much?
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#4DarkemastePosted 1/25/2013 3:55:39 PM
It's also effecting our Blackfire Torch for 3v3/dominion players btw. (basically our Liandry's)

In case you were wondering, it was only recently added to Blackfire Torch's recipe and bumped it's total price from 2950 to 3950, so it's basically now 1000 more for an additional 10% more cdr.

Funny thing is, on TT with all recent changes/nerfs I've actually been building a Morellonomicon instead of a DFG, and building guise+Morellonomicon instead of finishing the Torch first.
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
#5JaggiJumperPosted 1/25/2013 4:46:35 PM
Darkemaste posted...
It's also effecting our Blackfire Torch for 3v3/dominion players btw. (basically our Liandry's)

In case you were wondering, it was only recently added to Blackfire Torch's recipe and bumped it's total price from 2950 to 3950, so it's basically now 1000 more for an additional 10% more cdr.

Funny thing is, on TT with all recent changes/nerfs I've actually been building a Morellonomicon instead of a DFG, and building guise+Morellonomicon instead of finishing the Torch first.

My team is pretty decent in ranked 3s, we genuinely don't run a proper AP, more, an AP tank like Singed/Cho. Blackfire torch USED to be amazing on him, but when they removed the catalyst build path, I've just ignored it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#6shrimp1992Posted 1/25/2013 4:49:53 PM
Darkemaste posted...

What's a twisted tree line. In all seriousness though it was needed, way too many champions were building it.
---
Falcons record 11-1