Does calling a role actually count for anything?

#1BenWhoDrownedPosted 1/25/2013 3:40:46 PM
Not a rant, legitimate question.

If somebody calls a role first, do you guys respect it?

In the Brazilian server, normally people just instalock a champion the same role the another player called, without saying anything and not giving a *F word*.

How is it in the other servers?
#2zefigPosted 1/25/2013 3:41:42 PM
Nope. You have enough time in champ select to have a short discussion about who can play which roles, it's not a race.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#3b0omstickPosted 1/25/2013 3:41:42 PM
In ranked yes, in normal I am playing the champ I want to play.
#4Paranoia2mbPosted 1/25/2013 3:45:22 PM
It shouldn't but unfortunately it does.

It's not as big of a deal in normals when, compared to ranked, relatively doesn't mean as much.
#5GokotsuPosted 1/25/2013 3:46:04 PM
I find that most people you meet online aren't going to give a crap about you because your just a random stranger that they will probably never meet. Me personally, I at least try to balance out team comp so I'll pick something no one picks if possible. This means usually I support which I don't mind since it's my preferred role.
---
PSN,Steam, RE.NET, LoL IGN: Gokotsu
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Guild Wars, Resident Evil 2, Persona 4 Golden
#6DeadpooL7Posted 1/25/2013 3:47:27 PM
BenWhoDrowned posted...
Not a rant, legitimate question.

If somebody calls a role first, do you guys respect it?

In the Brazilian server, normally people just instalock a champion the same role the another player called, without saying anything and not giving a *F word*.

How is it in the other servers?

Yes were familiar with how Brazilians play...
#7ZelkyplantPosted 1/25/2013 3:49:43 PM
If it is moronic then no. The other day I saw no obvious mid so I locked in Diana, and another guy changed his pick to Caitlin, locked in, and called mid. There aren't even any bushes for her passive mid. WTF?
#8GogglesFrogPosted 1/25/2013 3:51:27 PM
Zelkyplant posted...
If it is moronic then no. The other day I saw no obvious mid so I locked in Diana, and another guy changed his pick to Caitlin, locked in, and called mid. There aren't even any bushes for her passive mid. WTF?

But dat poke! Guaranteed kill at 6.
---
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."
#9mutation10101Posted 1/25/2013 3:52:06 PM(edited)
I usually call mid since it's my best role by far, I always get complainers in ranked. They usually let me have mid though after I show them I have a roughly 80% win rate with mid champs.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#10GevaudenPosted 1/25/2013 3:53:23 PM
In Normals always instalock there is no rule against it so no matter how much they b and moan there is nothig they can do about it just play who u want.

In Ranked you can't instalock u must wait your turn but when it's ur turn u can instalock whatever u want.
---
LOL ign- Gonk Stalk me if you dare :)