Jungle Nunu help

#1shingo fanPosted 1/25/2013 9:35:45 PM
Just tried him, and I have to ask: is his damage output supposed to feel that low? Am I missing something?

Also, general tips (runes, masteries, item builds, etc.) are very much appreciated.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#2Dota2Posted 1/25/2013 9:36:12 PM
Am I missing something?

how are we supposed to know

tell me

no seriously
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/ib0okZrBRNo0wL.gif
#3Shiny_PidgeyPosted 1/25/2013 9:38:15 PM
Nunu's a control jungler. His specialty is to run up to the enemy buffs and steal it with a double smite, and possibly score a kill. Also, your item build will vary depending on how much gold you manage to get. Low = support, medium = tank, high = bruiser/AP caster (whatever your team needs)
#4shingo fan(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:42:06 PM
Dota2 posted...
Am I missing something?

how are we supposed to know

tell me

no seriously

Yeah, I guess I need to explain.

I can clear camps fine thanks to his Q, but ganks seems a little underwhelming (throw ice ball, W ally, hope for the best). On top of that, all he does in teamfights is flash in, ult, and let my team mates clean house. Then again, I was learning on the fly and the only reason my team won was the other team pulled that "troll surrender vote working before nexus blows up" thing.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#5AlmightyHamSandwichPosted 1/25/2013 9:50:06 PM(edited)
No, he's not going to do much damage unless you're obscenely fed. He's meant to invade, control the buffs and objectives with Consume and Smite and gank/counter-gank. In teamfights, he's meant to throw Blood Boil on anyone who needs it, typically the ADC, peel attackers off vulnerable allies with his Slows, and try to get his Ult off in the middle of the enemy team.

His ganks are decent if you have Red or a solid chunk of CDR, lousy otherwise.
---
Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions | Other Miami Sports: LOL
I'm a TWSSted bastard.
#6Village IdiotPosted 1/25/2013 9:58:11 PM
AlmightyHamSandwich posted...
No, he's not going to do much damage unless you're obscenely fed. He's meant to invade, control the buffs and objectives with Consume and Smite and gank/counter-gank. In teamfights, he's meant to throw Blood Boil on anyone who needs it, typically the ADC, peel attackers off vulnerable allies with his Slows, and try to get his Ult off in the middle of the enemy team.

His ganks are decent if you have Red or a solid chunk of CDR, lousy otherwise.

This

Nunu's strength in ganks is basically iceballing the target then Blood Boiling your lanemate, and ult if needed to secure the kill.

His role late game is to peel enemies off your ADC and give em a free Phantom Dancer so they can destroy.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude