does anyone ACTUALLY play in locked screen

#41Wario_manPosted 1/26/2013 8:40:14 AM
casperrulez posted...
*raises hand*

Me

---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#42darkman95Posted 1/26/2013 8:41:29 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
I don't because I like having map awareness. If you think just looking at your minimap is enough, you'd be wrong.

Are you serious? So I take it you are always looking at other lanes and never have the camera focused on you? The mini-map provides a good idea of what's going on. If I see on my mini-map that mid is being pushed I then click mid so I see what exactly is going on and then proceed to gank if necessary. Clicking mid on the mini-map is a lot faster than dragging the screen there.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#43crondizzlePosted 1/26/2013 8:44:45 AM
Shadow_King56 posted...
crondizzle posted...
I wish there was a queue filter so that it wouldn't match me with Locked camera players.

It really doesn't make much of a difference. Locked cameras are even better sometimes, on melee champions for example. Dryus plays with a locked camera so it isn't like it's some debilitating handicap, it's just a camera preference.

no, it's not a "preference" there is absolutely no downside to unlocking your camera

I find it mindblowing that locked camera even exists. How do you people suck SO BADLY at playing the most simple competitive game ever you have to make it even easier??? You should be playing Farmville or something, because you're horrible at videogames if you use locked camera.
#44SmalvehPosted 1/26/2013 8:50:52 AM
crondizzle posted...
Shadow_King56 posted...
crondizzle posted...
I wish there was a queue filter so that it wouldn't match me with Locked camera players.

It really doesn't make much of a difference. Locked cameras are even better sometimes, on melee champions for example. Dryus plays with a locked camera so it isn't like it's some debilitating handicap, it's just a camera preference.

no, it's not a "preference" there is absolutely no downside to unlocking your camera

I find it mindblowing that locked camera even exists. How do you people suck SO BADLY at playing the most simple competitive game ever you have to make it even easier??? You should be playing Farmville or something, because you're horrible at videogames if you use locked camera.

dis guy
#45LetseivPosted 1/26/2013 8:51:29 AM
imo unlocked is better because having your champion in the center of the screen at all times can be bad.
Now that I think of it, if you have it locked how do you aim long range stuff? over the minimap?
#46electronfoxPosted 1/26/2013 9:14:30 AM
I first started out playing locked, realized the disadvantages, started trying to play unlocked. Was dreadful at first, got better. I play unlocked 98% of the time now, but if I get into an important teamfight where I can't afford to misclick, I'll sometimes hit Y to toggle lock on for a bit.
#47TheDarkNerdPosted 1/26/2013 9:22:50 AM

The convention that decades of video games have built is that on any scrolling field, the camera naturally follows whatever it is that the player directly controls. Rarely is the camera perspective a completely independent unit from the player unit, as even when there is camera control, it almost always centers around the player's character. Strategy games have been more the exception than the rule, as rarely are you focused on a single unit. Even though MOBA is a spinoff of RTS, the single-character focus puts it more in-line with the likes of action RPGs.

So even though it may be more ideal to keep the camera unlocked, it's counter-intuitive, and if you don't have the smoothest mouse then it can be a pain. Sure, it might be more ideal in the long run, but this game is more about accessibility and catering to a wide audience, rather than a small target "pro" userbase.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#48HardcoreFtwPosted 1/26/2013 10:42:27 AM
darkman95 posted...
ElderPredator12 posted...
I don't because I like having map awareness. If you think just looking at your minimap is enough, you'd be wrong.

Are you serious? So I take it you are always looking at other lanes and never have the camera focused on you? The mini-map provides a good idea of what's going on. If I see on my mini-map that mid is being pushed I then click mid so I see what exactly is going on and then proceed to gank if necessary. Clicking mid on the mini-map is a lot faster than dragging the screen there.

So much fail.. As support I keep watch on mini map and other lanes.. even jungles and enemy items(mainly for wards)... If I see a enemy going out of place... to place ward.. See it happen.. let team know and set a timer on it.. Kinda like dragon/baron.. I TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY.. And who would play Shen with a locked screen? those icons alone won't be good enough.. All that plays on lock screen should delete and uninstall LoL or L2P noobs
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#49TheDarkNerdPosted 1/26/2013 11:30:29 AM
All that plays on lock screen should delete and uninstall LoL or L2P noobs

Do you consider a person who remaps the camera lock button to Spacebar and frequently switches between locked and unlocked as "playing with a locked screen"?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#50FvPPosted 1/26/2013 11:36:16 AM
I do
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo