who is the strongest champion(lore wise)?

#41mutation10101Posted 1/26/2013 5:17:13 PM
Mistare posted...
God tier are Xerath/Jax/Fiddle/Anivia/Shaco if i remember correctly. I think there might be a name missing off of that list thought.

Otherwise Hecarim, Thresh, Mordekaiser and people like that are pretty horrifically powerful in terms of lore too.

Fill me in on the lore of Shaco? Unless he is like Cicero from Skyrim, he doesn't seem like he is godlike.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#42MistarePosted 1/26/2013 5:30:40 PM
mutation10101 posted...
Mistare posted...
God tier are Xerath/Jax/Fiddle/Anivia/Shaco if i remember correctly. I think there might be a name missing off of that list thought.

Otherwise Hecarim, Thresh, Mordekaiser and people like that are pretty horrifically powerful in terms of lore too.

Fill me in on the lore of Shaco? Unless he is like Cicero from Skyrim, he doesn't seem like he is godlike.

Well if i remember correctly hes essentially pure fear that's decided to take on humanoid form to join the league and have a bit of fun, similar in principal to Fiddle and Nocturne. Similar in that nocturne is nightmare given form and fiddle is just pure terror. Shaco is a more whimsical and smiley kinda guy.
---
I just flipped a coin and it came out heads 3 times in a row. Anyone know if tails has been nerfed?
#43Z-911-ZPosted 1/26/2013 5:36:50 PM
Isn't Zilean up there as well? I mean he controls time, that alone is completely broken.
---
http://oi48.tinypic.com/ev7vir.jpg
#44-Hydreigon-Posted 1/26/2013 5:52:06 PM
Mistare posted...
mutation10101 posted...
Mistare posted...

Well if i remember correctly hes essentially pure fear that's decided to take on humanoid form to join the league and have a bit of fun, similar in principal to Fiddle and Nocturne. Similar in that nocturne is nightmare given form and fiddle is just pure terror. Shaco is a more whimsical and smiley kinda guy.

Shaco's lore is made up of several theories about his origin. That is just one of them. According to his lore, the most common and accepted theory is that he is just an expert assassin.

So I'm gonna believe that one.
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#45MistarePosted 1/26/2013 5:53:42 PM
Zoren posted...
like a good 1/3 of the cast are gods / demigods who are either restricted / bored / temporarily weakened <_<

You would be surprised.

The only champs i would even wave the word 'god' near are:
Anivia, Brand, Fiddlesticks, Nocturne, Shaco, Xerath.

Demi god opens it up a bit more to include (and this is grasping at straws with some):
Ahri, Cho'Gath, Diana, Elise, Galio, Irelia, Hecarim, Jax, Karthus, Kassadin, Kha'Zix, Kog'Maw, Malzahar, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Leona, Thresh, Yorick, Zilean, Zyra.

Now the first list is champions that are essentially some sort of manifestation of a base element or something (Ice, Fire, assorted fear/terror, pure magic.) These are pretty much immortal champions for all intents and purposes, and according to the lore of each theyre effectively godly powerful to ridiculous/unknown extents (nocturne decimated a load of summoners before they imprisoned him, Same with Brand, Shaco is the most prolific murderer on the planet and xerath can summon nukes at will, whilst anivia is literally the god of ice)

The others are assorted Ghosts, Undead, Void creaters and prophets, avatars for some greater being, or an elemental of vast power, however i believe all are essentially mortal except the shadow isles guys.

Theres a lot we don't know about a lot of champs, but i would hazard a guess and say that the Shadow isles people are truly demi god like, but more because they're already dead (Thresh and Hecarim are both ghosts, Yorick is undead, Morde is some crazy spirit and Elise is the avatar of the spider god), Karthus is undead too but more like yorick. Quite a few on the second list are just me throwing them in for the sake of it even though i myself could argue against them being there (Zyra, Ahri, Jax etc) but i believe this is a definitive collection of the most powerful champs lore wise.
---
I just flipped a coin and it came out heads 3 times in a row. Anyone know if tails has been nerfed?
#46MistarePosted 1/26/2013 5:56:11 PM
-Hydreigon- posted...
Mistare posted...
mutation10101 posted...
Mistare posted...

Shaco's lore is made up of several theories about his origin. That is just one of them. According to his lore, the most common and accepted theory is that he is just an expert assassin.

So I'm gonna believe that one.

A popular belief is that Shaco is not of Runeterra - that he is a thing summoned from a dark and twisted world. Still others believe that he is the demonic manifestation of humanity's dark urges and therefore cannot be reasoned with. The most plausible belief is that Shaco is an assassin for hire, left to his own lunatic devices until his services are needed.

Plausible =/= common and accepted.
In my experience, with it being LoL, i cant really imagine Shaco just being a crazy guy.
---
#47kirbyakaZPosted 1/26/2013 5:59:39 PM
Mistare posted...
mutation10101 posted...
Mistare posted...

After just reading it, I disagree with you. Shaco is not "pure fear" he's "we don't know." He could very well be just a human, as his lore says there are tons of rumors that he is

"a thing summoned from a dark and twisted world."

and

"Still others believe that he is the demonic manifestation of humanity's dark urges and therefore cannot be reasoned with"

So, he's possibly just a lunatic, and until proven otherwise, I would put him in the same tier as Garen and the likes.

Also, Suffer_Not, out of curiosity what are your thoughts on the placement of Maoki and Veigar?
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4
#48marceloxlrPosted 1/26/2013 6:26:49 PM
Fiddlestick is the strongest one on the league. If i remember his lore, not even the archmage could destroy him, and the archmages are god-like guys with (almost) supreme power.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Lea(Axel)
#49kirbyakaZPosted 1/26/2013 6:36:21 PM
marceloxlr posted...
Fiddlestick is the strongest one on the league. If i remember his lore, not even the archmage could destroy him, and the archmages are god-like guys with (almost) supreme power.

His lore doesn't say anything about an Archmage trying to kill him, they just stopped trying because it wasn't worth it to them. Also, the summoners don't seem to be very powerful on their own and the only thing they are very good at is, well, summoning. So even the Archmage of summoning would just be the best summoner. He may very well be extremely powerful, we have no idea.

I also have to wonder if Swain and Fiddlesticks are connected somehow. Like perhaps Fiddlesticks is just waiting for his master to give him orders in person.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4
#50Suffer_NotPosted 1/26/2013 9:20:24 PM
Regarding Shaco:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Journal_of_Justice:_Volume_1,_Issue_13#10_Questions_with_Shaco

If he is supposed to be some sort of extra-dimensional monster that likes killing, he has a very mundane way of going about it. I would not imagine Nocturne would set up interviews and make tell awful jokes and talk about business deals with Summoners. Perhaps that's part of Shaco's thing. Personally, I'm of the opinion that he's a mostly normal assassin with a bit of a head case. He might have found an artifact that gives him his abilities, or perhaps he has found the favor of some dark and twisted Laughing God, but his work is a bit too personal for me to figure him for a demi-god of clowns or whatever.

Also, Suffer_Not, out of curiosity what are your thoughts on the placement of Maoki and Veigar?

Maokai certainly has potential. He can't be killed, he can reform his composition pretty much whenever he wants, and he holds a connection to other plant life even in his walking form. However, he's held back by his intense self loathing and lack of drive or motivation. I imagine he could grow his form into a massive tree and start stomping around as an unkillable wooded Godzilla or spread out roots and topple building foundations and so on, but he hates himself too much to do anything but sit around and mope.

Veigar would definitely be a big deal if he wasn't a yordle. He's got a mastery of the dark arts that is unsurpassed by other living champions, but he's also a gerbil. Perhaps it's a self confidence thing (he seems to take quite a bit of offense to being called short), but I imagine he finds it hard to put together the drive to do anything with his dark powers. I thing the sum total of his exploits are stealing a bunch of balloons from Bangle City and cussing Teemo out. He would need to get some allies or even minions to help bolster his courage and resources before I'd consider him above the people who command nations.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX