Easy bots to train on...

#1Haku_Men_Posted 1/26/2013 2:11:08 PM
So, after earning around 3,000 IP by doing only the battle training tutorial, I figured it was high time I tried playing against different champions. Not against actual players though. The day I play against other people in LoL, is the day I need justification for impaling myself on the Statue of Liberty. Plus, I am only lv. 8 with no Runes so it isn't like I can do anything even if I wanted to.

Anyway, I tried a 5v5 team thinking what would be a simple team to deal with. I ended up teaming my Garen (the only champion I spent IP on so far) with Cho'gath, Leona, Soraka and Warwick against Wukong, Nasus, Malaphite, Nunu and Trundle. This, turned out to be a bad idea because 3 of them could slow any 1 champion down and mow them through. Took me nearly an hour to beat them after a series of lucky breaks and Cho'gath's massive HP pool.

So I was wondering if there is an easier team to take on and practice with? Or heck, even which champion ally bots could I take out instead to make this a bit easier?
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#2RyokoWinsPosted 1/26/2013 2:19:50 PM
Haku_Men_ posted...
Plus, I am only lv. 8 with no Runes so it isn't like I can do anything even if I wanted to.

The people you would play against would be around level 8 as well.
---
I am whoever I need to be.
#3StrategyWikipedPosted 1/26/2013 2:24:44 PM
You need to play with... real people and real bot games. Not custom games. You can also ask those people questions and on how to play. Not only that, but don't get too excited as 3000 IP will come maybe after 30-40 games or so when you're max level, which is a long time.

PS: Make sure your camera isn't locked onto your character (default button Y) or else you'll be playing and forming a bad habit. Use some easy website to understand like Mobafire if you want build ideas.
#4Haku_Men_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:39:59 PM
StrategyWikiped posted...
You need to play with... real people and real bot games. Not custom games. You can also ask those people questions and on how to play. Not only that, but don't get too excited as 3000 IP will come maybe after 30-40 games or so when you're max level, which is a long time.

Heh, I would love to but I already witnessed the worst when it comes to the LoL players. It is how I learned of the game in the first place. A friend of mine showed me a typical PvP match. He ended up losing and I don't recall who did it, but the next time I saw him he told me his account got banned due to negatives he received on that match. He had to make a whole new one and start over.

Frankly, there's no way I am risking mine. I am willing to grind if necessary so long as it avoids those kinds of people. But what do you mean by "real bot games"? I was under the impression that Custom Games are exactly that.

PS: Make sure your camera isn't locked onto your character (default button Y) or else you'll be playing and forming a bad habit. Use some easy website to understand like Mobafire if you want build ideas.

Now that you mentioned it, I did leave it on. It is how the 5 bots got together all the damn time without me noticing. Lost 2 turrets in a row because of that. Thankfully it worked out in the end, but the unlocked camera is just so weird. Well, chalk another reason to deal with custom games 1st in order to get used to it. Though thank you for the Mobafire suggestion. Never knew it existed.
---
When all else fails; hit them with the force of an 18-wheeler.
#5MakJussPosted 1/26/2013 2:44:16 PM
- Garen
- 5v5 in custom bot game
- cant win below 1 hour

He is tier 1 champ for owning bot game lol (means you can 1 vs 5 with him)
440% AD ratio with huge MS and Q reset auto attack

Uninstall if you still lost with Garen vs bot game
#6DeadpooL7Posted 1/26/2013 2:51:53 PM(edited)
Haku_Men_ posted...

Heh, I would love to but I already witnessed the worst when it comes to the LoL players. It is how I learned of the game in the first place. A friend of mine showed me a typical PvP match. He ended up losing and I don't recall who did it, but the next time I saw him he told me his account got banned due to negatives he received on that match. He had to make a whole new one and start over.

Frankly, there's no way I am risking mine. I am willing to grind if necessary so long as it avoids those kinds of people. But what do you mean by "real bot games"? I was under the impression that Custom Games are exactly that.

Your friend was being a jerk then... You dont get banned for how you play, you get banned if you rage in chat over and over cussing and yelling at everyone else playing.

Also you dont just get banned, you get warned first and then you get a bunch of short bans (like 48 hours or a week). To get totally banned is after 8 other punishments where you never learn and keep raging in chat.

So dont worry about it, your friend was just leaving that part out cause he cant admit fault.
#7JennaTahliaPosted 1/26/2013 2:51:09 PM
MakJuss posted...
- Garen
- 5v5 in custom bot game
- cant win below 1 hour

He is tier 1 champ for owning bot game lol (means you can 1 vs 5 with him)
440% AD ratio with huge MS and Q reset auto attack

Uninstall if you still lost with Garen vs bot game

He's new and only played battle training. gooby pls
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#8mtsui91Posted 1/26/2013 2:52:50 PM
I hate to burst your bubble. You mentioned that your friend got banned from the negatives he received in the match you saw. People dont get banned for doing poorly unless they were doing it on purpose, verbally abusing anyone, leaving the game, etc. Also, you won't get banned from just one game so your friend had to have a couple of games where he was reported for doing something. Yes, you can get reported for being an "unskilled player" but you'll never get banned solely.for that.

tldr: your friend got banned for doing something dumb and not cause of playing poorly. Don't let that scare you from playing non-bot games.
#9DeadpooL7Posted 1/26/2013 2:53:36 PM
Also just play more games... Sometimes bot games are hard for a newbie if they get rolling. Dont freak out and assume it was the team comp (honestly team comp matters very little in bot games it seems). Just play more youll get the hang of how to smash them.
#10ISamfisherIPosted 1/26/2013 2:54:15 PM

Can you not give someone terrible advice like this? Plenty of good players such as myself, doublelift, and dyrus all use locked camera. It's not a bad habit, just use either Y or space to shift between locked/unlocked when really necessary.