If you could only ban one - Blitzcrank or Thresh?

#1TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 1/26/2013 4:41:20 PM
Ban Blitzcrank or Thresh? - Results (169 votes)
Blitzcrank
76.33% (129 votes)
Thresh
23.67% (40 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm curious who the community sees as the bigger threat.

If you have to pick one and can only pick one to ban (assuming the enemy team will take whichever you don't choose) who would it be?
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#2gallantknightPosted 1/26/2013 4:42:13 PM
At the moment, definitely Blitz. As the weeks go by, this might switch to Thresh as people learn how to use him/work with him.
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#3Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/26/2013 4:42:58 PM
Blitzcrank lands one clutch pull over a wall and wins the game. Thresh can't pull over walls at all. This is easy.
---
Weenie Hut General!
Contacts in Profile
#4Sir Spiffy CapePosted 1/26/2013 4:49:53 PM
Blitzcrank pulls your team into annilhilation.

Thresh pulls his team into your team, or his team out of your team.

Either way, Blitzcrank is the one killing me out of nowhere while Thresh is only making plays, so Blitzcrank.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#5MetleonPosted 1/26/2013 4:57:35 PM
Assuming I'm bot, I'd ban Thresh. I rarely get grabbed by Blitz because I either stand behind my minions, stand where I can easily run behind my minions, or I just bait out his hook and do whatever I want for ~15 seconds.

Thresh, however, could always just jump to a minion, which would get him close enough for him to use Flay and The Box.

Oh and if I'm not bot, then I'd probably ban Blitz just because no one else seems to know how to play against him.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#6PraetorianGhostPosted 1/27/2013 10:42:44 AM
Thresh. Blitz is a one trick pony, (although, he only needs one trick) and can be played against successfully as long as your carry is cautious.

Thresh on the other hand can pull the tanks to your team, pull the carries out, has an amazing slow, and has a half blitz/half amumu hook.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#7lihlihPosted 1/27/2013 10:45:05 AM
Metleon posted...
Assuming I'm bot, I'd ban Thresh. I rarely get grabbed by Blitz because I either stand behind my minions, stand where I can easily run behind my minions, or I just bait out his hook and do whatever I want for ~15 seconds.

Thresh, however, could always just jump to a minion, which would get him close enough for him to use Flay and The Box.

Oh and if I'm not bot, then I'd probably ban Blitz just because no one else seems to know how to play against him.

Wait what? Thresh can't jump to a minion, he can only make his teammates jump to him.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8qeH8.png
Everyone should strive to be like Barry Cooper!
#8shadyelfPosted 1/27/2013 10:47:04 AM
Blitz can pull through walls, makes him better later on when one mistake is all it takes to destroy a team.

Thresh is better in lane though.
---
?
#9YuracoPosted 1/27/2013 10:51:58 AM
i am a good thresh player and there are quite a few walls u can pull over...but it involves your Q then E...

Thresh is a much bigger threat than blitz and i am very happy he is not banned.
#10themagicpainmanPosted 1/27/2013 10:52:29 AM
lihlih posted...
Metleon posted...

Wait what? Thresh can't jump to a minion, he can only make his teammates jump to him.

He can Q a minion then Q-jump to it. He still got where he wanted to go: right near you.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW