7 reasons why you should play maplestory instead of league of legends

#21Komachi_TachiPosted 1/27/2013 12:27:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22TheDarkNerdPosted 1/27/2013 12:29:53 PM
Another reason: people don't get mad at you for being underlevelled in MapleStory.

I started a new lvl 1 in LoL, but then decided I'd get back to him later. I log in only half an hour later and my teammates start yelling at me for going AFK. My god, I was only gone half an hour! What's the big deal?!
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#23Master Of The DeadPosted 1/27/2013 12:41:09 PM
MS not pay to win?

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard, and I played MS from 2004-2012...
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#24ForeverrachaelPosted 1/27/2013 1:28:49 PM
Here's a list of facts and opinions that render your entire argument invalid and almost funny.

1. "grinding is more fun." You never simply grind minions for experience in LoL, and certainly not for 30 minutes. You have to balance last-hitting with poking/harassing the enemy champs, warding, avoiding ganks, and cooperating with your jungler in ganks to your lane. I also have never been annoyed by a lack of item drops.

2. "bossing is more rewarding." You said the bosses lack epic loot. Killing the dragon grants your entire team a chunk of gold, which means they can buy more items. Killing the baron grants MUCH more gold and gives you the best buff in the game, increasing your team's stats by a huge amount. Stealing the baron/dragon is very difficult to do, and quite rewarding for the person who stole it.

3. "better pvp system." Ganking is what makes LoL fun, complex, and teamwork-oriented. It is a 5v5 team-based game, which means if someone's all by himself in the enemy jungle and three of them find him, they're almost obligated to "play dirty" and "violate him".
If all fights in MS are 1v1 then I'd find pvp incredibly boring. You also forgot to mention how much fun it is when YOU kill someone and get the gold/exp.

4. "flashier attacks." First you say LoL is all about farming for 30 minutes, then ganking and stuff, then finally "spamming skills to kill stuff." Some champions do have spells with long cooldowns. If you don't like that, you can get items with cooldown reduction or play other champs that suit your playstyle. I hope you're joking about the visuals too, because unlike MS, LoL uses slightly more than 3-4 animation frames for basic attacks, much less abilities. LoL also has impressive graphics, unlike Maple Story's cartoon based display.

5. "better community." This is something I can agree with; the LoL community does have lots of ragers who verbally abuse people. This is why Riot developed the Tribunal and gave us a mute button. LoL also has many awesome people who are honestly loads of fun to play with or against. If you're doing something unorthodox, most players are ok with it if you explain why and don't fail hard at it.

6. "better endgame." LoL's repetitive session-based gameplay allows you to learn the different roles and positions in the game. Learning to jungle well, for instance, takes weeks of gameplay experience that you won't get if you're constantly shifting from one spot to the next. " league has no level requirement so you can equip endgame gear at level 1." This is blatantly false. At level 1 you start with 475 gold, and endgame gear prices start at 2000+ gold.

7. "more originality." Riot recently added many new items in LoL for the exact purpose of more build diversity. "you must worship one build and only that build." Again, false. If someone uses the exact same build every game, he/she doesn't know that you adapt in LoL to what the enemy team composition is like. Sure there are typical starting items, but once you get to mid-late game your build is heavily dependent on the strengths of the enemy team. " in maplestory, there is a lot more diversity." I agree that MS does have lots of diversity (and it should, being an MMORPG). Did you know that LoL has 110 champions, each with 5 unique abilities/traits? And don't get me started on the skins...
There's also 8 or 9 different roles or classes, and most champions can be used in more than one.

I'd suggest in the future that you back up your argument with facts, and make it clearer by not contradicting yourself twice.
---
Sabin is the best FFVI character simply because he can suplex a TRAIN!
#25ExalxPosted 1/27/2013 2:13:57 PM
Foreverrachael posted...
Here's a list of facts and opinions that render your entire argument invalid and almost funny.

1. "grinding is more fun." You never simply grind minions for experience in LoL, and certainly not for 30 minutes. You have to balance last-hitting with poking/harassing the enemy champs, warding, avoiding ganks, and cooperating with your jungler in ganks to your lane. I also have never been annoyed by a lack of item drops.

2. "bossing is more rewarding." You said the bosses lack epic loot. Killing the dragon grants your entire team a chunk of gold, which means they can buy more items. Killing the baron grants MUCH more gold and gives you the best buff in the game, increasing your team's stats by a huge amount. Stealing the baron/dragon is very difficult to do, and quite rewarding for the person who stole it.

3. "better pvp system." Ganking is what makes LoL fun, complex, and teamwork-oriented. It is a 5v5 team-based game, which means if someone's all by himself in the enemy jungle and three of them find him, they're almost obligated to "play dirty" and "violate him".
If all fights in MS are 1v1 then I'd find pvp incredibly boring. You also forgot to mention how much fun it is when YOU kill someone and get the gold/exp.

4. "flashier attacks." First you say LoL is all about farming for 30 minutes, then ganking and stuff, then finally "spamming skills to kill stuff." Some champions do have spells with long cooldowns. If you don't like that, you can get items with cooldown reduction or play other champs that suit your playstyle. I hope you're joking about the visuals too, because unlike MS, LoL uses slightly more than 3-4 animation frames for basic attacks, much less abilities. LoL also has impressive graphics, unlike Maple Story's cartoon based display.

5. "better community." This is something I can agree with; the LoL community does have lots of ragers who verbally abuse people. This is why Riot developed the Tribunal and gave us a mute button. LoL also has many awesome people who are honestly loads of fun to play with or against. If you're doing something unorthodox, most players are ok with it if you explain why and don't fail hard at it.

6. "better endgame." LoL's repetitive session-based gameplay allows you to learn the different roles and positions in the game. Learning to jungle well, for instance, takes weeks of gameplay experience that you won't get if you're constantly shifting from one spot to the next. " league has no level requirement so you can equip endgame gear at level 1." This is blatantly false. At level 1 you start with 475 gold, and endgame gear prices start at 2000+ gold.

7. "more originality." Riot recently added many new items in LoL for the exact purpose of more build diversity. "you must worship one build and only that build." Again, false. If someone uses the exact same build every game, he/she doesn't know that you adapt in LoL to what the enemy team composition is like. Sure there are typical starting items, but once you get to mid-late game your build is heavily dependent on the strengths of the enemy team. " in maplestory, there is a lot more diversity." I agree that MS does have lots of diversity (and it should, being an MMORPG). Did you know that LoL has 110 champions, each with 5 unique abilities/traits? And don't get me started on the skins...
There's also 8 or 9 different roles or classes, and most champions can be used in more than one.

I'd suggest in the future that you back up your argument with facts, and make it clearer by not contradicting yourself twice.

There's always someone
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#26BenWhoDrownedPosted 1/27/2013 4:53:57 PM
Was reading this post in page 3 or something and thought it was quite funny. 7/10.
#27saborzeroPosted 1/27/2013 4:55:01 PM
....what?? maplestory has PVP now???? lmao how is that even possible
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) UMVC3(360) P4G(Vita)TTT2(PS3) Halo 4 (360) AC:B(360)
#28BlocktopusPosted 1/27/2013 4:57:08 PM
lol maplestory
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#29DarkestPandaPosted 1/27/2013 4:58:18 PM
Was reading this post in page 3 or something and thought it was quite funny. 7/10.

Having 3 pages

55415151561651654654654651064986153132163561651561564/10
---
http://i.imgur.com/3n3BL.gif http://i.imgur.com/f1X4R.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Lyp5H.gif http://i.imgur.com/8BYUq.gif
#30SharperKnivesPosted 1/27/2013 5:04:49 PM
Foreverrachael posted...
whoooooooooooosh

---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.