7 reasons why you should play maplestory instead of league of legends

#41Gamegeek123Posted 1/27/2013 7:22:45 PM
Master Of The Dead posted...
5 and 7 are completely and utterly wrong. Not even compared to League of Legends, just in general with MapleStory. The rest are all completely incomparable anyway.

#7 is completely right. League of Legends has the worst item diversity in existence.

Standard AP build that works on every single mage: Sorcerer'sBoots + Rabadon + Void Staff + Hourglass. Never fails.

Standard AD build: Berserks + BT + PD + IE + LW + GA. Never fails.

Only in season three does standard AD have TWO alternates to ONE item (PD/IG/TF) and that is practically it and ONE NOVELTY replacement to LW (OP Cleaver). Zerks is consistent, I.E + BT is consistent, LW is consistent, tank item GA is consistent. There is hardly any variety, and there are only one or two branches of different items.

Same thing for AP builds. Only Liandry's, Grail, and Abyssal are considered as alternates. There is hardly any good customization in League of Legends.

The heroes themselves are also not flexible. Riot makes these heroes geared towards a specific role in mind, which makes the majority of heroes incapable of transitioning to a different role. This contributes to the little fun one can squeeze out of these heroes.

So yes, any game has far superior customization in League of Legends.
---
Shogunate
#42nrevoPosted 1/27/2013 8:17:28 PM
I can't even play MapleStory b/c it keeps disconnecting me after a minute or so. Launching from the website also gives a ton of errors.
---
Not removing this until Jigglypuff returns to the anime. [8/25/08]
http://i42.tinypic.com/ta0rc4.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/24pdqgh.jpg
#43Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:03:45 AM
Foreverrachael posted...
This is blatantly false. At level 1 you start with 475 gold, and endgame gear prices start at 2000+ gold

afk for 30 minutes. come back with 2k gold and level 1
#44CosmosYearsPosted 1/28/2013 11:06:53 AM
I mean if I were your professor grading you for doing a speed essay and you did this without prior thought in 5 minutes I'd say 10/10.
---
Number of people who have said, "Listen to Cosmos": 32
LOL IGN: Aladair
#45Master Of The DeadPosted 1/28/2013 11:27:08 AM
Gamegeek123 posted...
5 and 7 are completely and utterly wrong. Not even compared to League of Legends, just in general with MapleStory. The rest are all completely incomparable anyway.

#7 is completely right. League of Legends has the worst item diversity in existence.

Standard AP build that works on every single mage: Sorcerer'sBoots + Rabadon + Void Staff + Hourglass. Never fails.

Standard AD build: Berserks + BT + PD + IE + LW + GA. Never fails.

Only in season three does standard AD have TWO alternates to ONE item (PD/IG/TF) and that is practically it and ONE NOVELTY replacement to LW (OP Cleaver). Zerks is consistent, I.E + BT is consistent, LW is consistent, tank item GA is consistent. There is hardly any variety, and there are only one or two branches of different items.

Same thing for AP builds. Only Liandry's, Grail, and Abyssal are considered as alternates. There is hardly any good customization in League of Legends.

The heroes themselves are also not flexible. Riot makes these heroes geared towards a specific role in mind, which makes the majority of heroes incapable of transitioning to a different role. This contributes to the little fun one can squeeze out of these heroes.

So yes, any game has far superior customization in League of Legends.

I said "Not even compared to League of Legends". There is absolutely no diversity in anything in MapleStory. The closest you get is basically "What can you afford". Whether the same can be said of LoL has no bearing on my post.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#46bast999Posted 1/28/2013 3:03:05 PM
I said "Not even compared to League of Legends". There is absolutely no diversity in anything in MapleStory. The closest you get is basically "What can you afford". Whether the same can be said of LoL has no bearing on my post.

This man speaks the truth. Affording better gear is the only difference between classes now.

In all the patches for the past two years, basically all classes are built to play the ****ing same. They've been revamped to hell and back, and now all classes basically play out like this.

1st job: one aoe skill, one single target skill that you don't max, some passives and a buff.
2nd job: one aoe skill, one single target skill that you again don't max, mastery, booster, some passives and buffs.
3rd job: one aoe skill, one single target skill, more buffs, more passives, maybe another damage skill or two.
4th job: one aoe skill for grinding, one single target skill for bossing, maybe one to two more damage skills, a second mastery, more buffs, more passives, maple warrior, and one useless skill.

Each damage skill hideously outclasses the one from the previous job. Only 3 classes get to max everything in 4th job: Mechanic, Mercedes, and Evan. Everyone else has to sacrifice something.

Also, all classes have insane damage %s and ridiculous amounts of dps compared to 5 years ago. However, your starting damage with equipment you can get legitimately without paying to win is so hilariously bad that your dps is complete ass compared to the rich kids. It's still better dps than years ago, but only by a little.
Of course, if you pay like $100 to buy cashshop boxes to get tradeable cashshop clothing to sell on the FM (gotta get lucky with this, most of it isn't worth much), then you can buy some empress equipment, then maybe get some level 71 or higher equipment for all equipment slots, and pass some potential scrolls on them.

Then just pay like $5000 (not joking here) to:
-Buy stamps to give each piece of equipment 2 extra lines of bonus potential, and some premium cubes if they started with only 2 lines of regular potential. Some luck involved here, failures here and there.
-Once everything has 5 total lines of potential, cube the living **** of it with super cubes for normal potential then bonus potential cubes for the other 2 lines. There is a S***LOAD of luck involved here, so much so that you might end up spending over $250 per piece of equipment. There are like 15 or more potentialable equipment slots available, I don't remember.

Once that's over with, your damage range goes from 20k to like 400k. Big difference. In fact, money is literally the only difference between classes now that they all play the same.
---
This but unironically.
#47Master Of The DeadPosted 1/28/2013 3:11:23 PM
You can get 5 lines of Potential now? Just wow. I am gutted I never got my Merc to 200 (94 in 4 hours and 180 in 5 days ain't bad though), but I am so glad I don't play any more.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
#48bast999Posted 1/28/2013 4:02:16 PM(edited)
You can get 5 lines of Potential now? Just wow. I am gutted I never got my Merc to 200 (94 in 4 hours and 180 in 5 days ain't bad though), but I am so glad I don't play any more.

In KMS, Empress Cygnus can instant kill you similar to Aswan, you have to dodge her dark genesis now, but it's so hard when she spams it all the time. Her minions have 8b hp each and she has 200b hp, no more healing glitch, and you get 1 hour to kill her. They said they were coming out with "another revamp" to counter this, and it's not damage %s. I assumed it was more ****ing potential so I just quit. I didn't even bother with the new classes coming out on GMS during the meanwhile because honestly why even try anymore.

RIP aranofariant, stuck at level 187 forever. I tried, I really did, and I still have combo king medal on him too (made him when the class came out).
---
This but unironically.
#49Master Of The DeadPosted 1/29/2013 11:27:46 AM
bast999 posted...

In KMS, Empress Cygnus can instant kill you similar to Aswan, you have to dodge her dark genesis now, but it's so hard when she spams it all the time. Her minions have 8b hp each and she has 200b hp, no more healing glitch, and you get 1 hour to kill her. They said they were coming out with "another revamp" to counter this, and it's not damage %s. I assumed it was more ****ing potential so I just quit. I didn't even bother with the new classes coming out on GMS during the meanwhile because honestly why even try anymore.

RIP aranofariant, stuck at level 187 forever. I tried, I really did, and I still have combo king medal on him too (made him when the class came out).

Haha, well I got hacked (well, Nexon got hacked, and I never changed my password), which is why I quit when I did. Probably for the best.

Dunno if you ever saw what I had back when I played but there were about 8-10 120+ guys.
---
#50arys75Posted 1/29/2013 12:02:50 PM
Stopped at reason 1 because if I killed 500 minions then I'm probably unstoppable at that point.