remember when morello said heroes such as bloodseeker and invoker were anti-fun?

#11HyperOmegaXPosted 1/27/2013 7:03:14 PM
From what I remember, only Bloodseeker's ultimate was anti-fun, because you had to just sit there. In DotA, you could use a teleport scroll to get out (assuming they already used their CC.) Here, there's pretty much nothing you can do (unless you've got a ton of flashes/long range escapes that don't require you to "move" [Ezreal/Kassadin, as opposed to Tryndamere/Riven.)

And Invoker requires you to memorize how to get each spell. Lee Sin you just use a spell, and you get the one that corresponds to it. Nidalee/Jayce/Elise, you just press R and you get the rest of the skills. Invoker, you have to memorize which combinations go to which.
---
League of Legends (The Hero Mithos): Jarvan IV, Master Yi
Maplestory (Bellocan): WindCalamity (Wind Archer)
#12ElevatorsSCPosted 1/27/2013 7:15:28 PM
Anti-fun was just some buzz word he came up with. I guess he couldn't just tell the truth: that LoL is designed with the lowest common denominator in mind.

I'm not saying that all LoL players are simpletons, but they want the simpletons to feel like they can play LoL just fine with their camera locked, smart cast, and caps lock permanently on.

Still... it isn't even true. You'll get chewed up in LoL similarly to DotA if you don't know a champion's/heroe's abilities. People who play LoL and think they are decent, but then try DotA and can't handle it just don't remember sucking in LoL. Or perhaps they just can't handle sucking for a little while in order to get better at a new game. Plus LoL makes so many people spend money on it they feel required to be loyal fanboys or else they'd feel like they wasted their money. It's an ugly situation.

Both are fun games. I personally like DotA 2 more because it is more competitive in my eyes. Also, Riot's way of F2P has always felt dirty to me and I like how Valve is handling it.
---
eLevatoRs
#13Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:40:27 PM
ElevatorsSC posted...
I'm not saying that all LoL players are simpletons, but they want the simpletons to feel like they can play LoL just fine with their camera locked, smart cast, and caps lock permanently on.

league of legends = dota dropouts?
#14crondizzlePosted 1/27/2013 8:43:14 PM
bloodseeker is like the most noob friendly hero in dota though
#15kiba312Posted 1/27/2013 8:44:44 PM
Evil_Evil_Evil_ posted...
ElevatorsSC posted...

Uh...? Offensive much?
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#16Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/27/2013 8:45:27 PM
crondizzle posted...
bloodseeker is like the most noob friendly hero in dota though

lol no

That's Lich.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vpLI030.jpg
#17angermngment101Posted 1/27/2013 8:46:51 PM
ITT: You cant have a fun game if its not complex
---
Gamefax
#18Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:13:03 PM
kiba312 posted...
Evil_Evil_Evil_ posted...
ElevatorsSC posted...

Uh...? Offensive much?

yes, i'm sorry. i take that back. even the worst dota players are better than decent league of legends player. can't compare a horrible player to a bad player.
#19BlocktopusPosted 1/27/2013 9:14:07 PM
Can you just stop making threads

you're really bad at it

just stop and cry about your life
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#20WebBowserPosted 1/27/2013 9:17:30 PM
ElevatorsSC posted...

remind me again why smart cast is a bad thing?

Also, I thought "anti-fun" was a nickname for the Anti-mage because he was fotm about half a year ago. Am I mistaken?
---
Best Nasus NA
http://www.twitch.tv/meakel/b/336894489#