Traded some Steam games for 1460 RP. Thoughts on what to buy?

#1Artemis_FeiPosted 1/27/2013 4:08:34 PM
Was thinking about grabbing another ADC or a jungler, but I have 4400 IP, so that'll get up to 6300 soon.

What else do you spend RP on?

Or any recommendations on an ADC that doesn't suck and is uncommon enough not to be locked every game. Corgi seems interesting.
---
CEnco De Mayo. [Proud Participant]
Epic. [1:23]
#2DottledPosted 1/27/2013 4:10:39 PM
Save it for skins
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#3Chrikke666Posted 1/27/2013 4:11:38 PM
Corki is one of the carries with an escape. There will come a time when he's in favor again.

Other than that, try Varus. I really like his CC heavy kit and his percent health damage. Very good in this meta.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#4TwilightKing13Posted 1/27/2013 4:20:25 PM
Was thinking about grabbing another ADC or a jungler, but I have 4400 IP, so that'll get up to 6300 soon.

Or any recommendations on an ADC that doesn't suck and is uncommon enough not to be locked every game. Corgi seems interesting.

I would pay good money for a Corgi Corki skin. But other than that, you should find champs you enjoy playing and if they have good skins, save your RP for those. It sucks to waste real money on a champion and then realize you dislike them.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~
#5Artemis_Fei(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 4:26:41 PM

I would pay good money for a Corgi Corki skin. But other than that, you should find champs you enjoy playing and if they have good skins, save your RP for those. It sucks to waste real money on a champion and then realize you dislike them.

That's a good point. And yeah, I figure if I ever want a champion, I can wait until I can buy 'em with IP.

Though, it's insane how I can't even get a Legendary skin with the amount of RP I have. Haha.

Speaking of, if the skin isn't a Legendary skin, does that mean there are no new spell effects? Because I'm thinking Glacial Malphite looks cool if all his spells become ice-types, but it isn't a legendary skin.
---
CEnco De Mayo. [Proud Participant]
Epic. [1:23]
#6EDumeyPosted 1/27/2013 4:29:21 PM
Glacial Malphite has ice skinned spells. But he loses the Ult roar. Minor detail.

Wait for things to go on sale before you buy anything with RP.

And if you don't have rune pages, get those. IP boosts are generally a dumb thing, but Runes are what actually affect the game, so if you want to use your money for anything, making sure you have a full assortment or runes is not a bad choice.

But if no, Champ/Skin sales come about pretty frequently. Not impulse buying as soon as you get the RP will make you spend it more efficiently.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#7BhelliumPosted 1/27/2013 4:30:15 PM
Corki has some issues atm. Standard ADC builds don't really work on him and he lacks a real good damage steroid.

That said IBG or Tri-Force all day everyday, proc spellblade every time and don't stack AS, you're good to go.

Q is the best thing to max imo. It's a decent nuke that reveals, very useful while E mainly just eats your mana and pushes lane w/o really instagibbing the creeps like Q+R does.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#8TwilightKing13Posted 1/27/2013 6:40:59 PM

That's a good point. And yeah, I figure if I ever want a champion, I can wait until I can buy 'em with IP.

Though, it's insane how I can't even get a Legendary skin with the amount of RP I have. Haha.

Speaking of, if the skin isn't a Legendary skin, does that mean there are no new spell effects? Because I'm thinking Glacial Malphite looks cool if all his spells become ice-types, but it isn't a legendary skin.

No, legendary skins are just ones they choose to make super expensive. Some skins are just bland palate swaps, but other non-legendaries have different looking skills and particles.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~