I never do well as MF against Cait

#21S84_The_PatchPosted 1/27/2013 6:08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure MF can hold her own against most, if not all, bot lanes. Saying she flat out can't beat Cait is going a little far I think...
---
League IGN: lPATCH
It's a "L", not an "i".
#22Masemune_100Posted 1/27/2013 6:10:24 PM
MizunoRyuu posted...
Are you serious? Her E is one of the strongest escapes, if not THE strongest escape, in the whole game.

Let's not get crazy here.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#23TheBigCheese42Posted 1/27/2013 6:14:19 PM
Valefor500 posted...
I guess fortune didn't favour fools.

Do not falter!
---
Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOOOOOONNN!
#24pectus_umbraPosted 1/27/2013 6:33:12 PM
No comment on the MF vs. Cait match, but as for Sivir vs. Cait, it pretty much goes:
-Accept your lane is most likely going to suck, and build accordingly. If you can work a kill lane to chunk with Q, good for you.
-Cait gets early game advantage
-Later game rolls around, recover some, press R, take towers/win teamfights.

Admittedly, this is soloque I'm talking about, but most of the time, if your team isn't completely full of feeders, the game generally drags out, and you can use that time to recoup your losses, and then use your ult to power up your allies and backdoor as possible.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#25Lord GrahfPosted 1/27/2013 6:34:22 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
Don't play MF against Cait.

Play Sivir. MF cannot win against Caitlyn unless she's bad. And even a bad Caitlyn will win if her support is Nunu.

This is terrible advice. MF can be Cait easily, especially if she doesn't have Nunu. Also, Sivir gets murdered by Caitlyn. Yes pick the shortest range AD against the longest range AD, have fun last hitting and eating 3 auto's. Just because you can spell shield traps, doesn't mean Sivir beats Caitlyn. Any smart Caitlyn will just use traps in brushes around River and at tri brush so Sivir won't be able to get the mana from them without wasting time.

You're an idiot if you think Sivir counters Caitlyn because she can spellshield traps.

Being able to spellshield traps means that Caitlyn can not use traps anywhere she normally would. She cannot use them offensively and cannot use them as part of her escape mechanism either as Sivir can just walk over them instead of around them. Even if you aren't shielding her traps, the threat of you shielding her traps will cause Caitlyn not to use them to her advantage and only be able to use them in select locations that are only useful for defending against ganks and nothing else.

Not having to worry about being zoned by traps means you're free to spellshield Caitlyn's Q or most importantly, any form of CC from the support. Doing so means you will win every trade, as well as every all-in due to movespeed bonus and more damage in your kit if you use your Q and AA resets properly with ricochet. Sivir is the Caitlyn counter, if one exists in the game at all.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#26gam3szzz_2Posted 1/27/2013 6:37:27 PM
I wouldn't play Sivir vs Caitlyn seriously. At the highest level mechanics, Caitlyn will always beat Sivir especially if she has a Nunu which she has almost 100% of the time now.
---
LoL ID: Pinkuu (Support Player)
#27angelwkw3Posted 1/28/2013 1:25:20 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
Lord Grahf posted...

Play Sivir. MF cannot win against Caitlyn unless she's bad. And even a bad Caitlyn will win if her support is Nunu.

This is terrible advice. MF can be Cait easily, especially if she doesn't have Nunu. Also, Sivir gets murdered by Caitlyn. Yes pick the shortest range AD against the longest range AD, have fun last hitting and eating 3 auto's. Just because you can spell shield traps, doesn't mean Sivir beats Caitlyn. Any smart Caitlyn will just use traps in brushes around River and at tri brush so Sivir won't be able to get the mana from them without wasting time.

You're an idiot if you think Sivir counters Caitlyn because she can spellshield traps.

Being able to spellshield traps means that Caitlyn can not use traps anywhere she normally would. She cannot use them offensively and cannot use them as part of her escape mechanism either as Sivir can just walk over them instead of around them. Even if you aren't shielding her traps, the threat of you shielding her traps will cause Caitlyn not to use them to her advantage and only be able to use them in select locations that are only useful for defending against ganks and nothing else.

Not having to worry about being zoned by traps means you're free to spellshield Caitlyn's Q or most importantly, any form of CC from the support. Doing so means you will win every trade, as well as every all-in due to movespeed bonus and more damage in your kit if you use your Q and AA resets properly with ricochet. Sivir is the Caitlyn counter, if one exists in the game at all.

You are really bad. Like really bad. I already stated where you could place traps so Sivir won't be able to refund mana on them. Caitlyn will have dominance in lane and Sivir is not going to be able to leave lane or waste her time for 75 mana. You think the support only has one spell? Oh and your 20 second spell shield is always up also? But aren't you using your spell shield on traps? lol Like I said have fun eating 3 auto's when you last hit.

When was the last time Sivir was chosen in a tournament specifically to counter Caitlyn? It's never happened. Just because you saw some picture chart online that says Sivir counters Caitlyn doesn't make it true. If you honestly think the advantage Caitlyn has in lane is her 20 second trap cooldown over someone with 150 range less then I don't think you understand this game.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#28Lord GrahfPosted 1/28/2013 1:44:40 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
Lord Grahf posted...

You are really bad. Like really bad. I already stated where you could place traps so Sivir won't be able to refund mana on them. Caitlyn will have dominance in lane and Sivir is not going to be able to leave lane or waste her time for 75 mana. You think the support only has one spell? Oh and your 20 second spell shield is always up also? But aren't you using your spell shield on traps? lol Like I said have fun eating 3 auto's when you last hit.

When was the last time Sivir was chosen in a tournament specifically to counter Caitlyn? It's never happened. Just because you saw some picture chart online that says Sivir counters Caitlyn doesn't make it true. If you honestly think the advantage Caitlyn has in lane is her 20 second trap cooldown over someone with 150 range less then I don't think you understand this game.

Captain Jack frequently plays Sivir against Caitlyn, although I have not yet seen it in Season 3.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#29Crimson RainPosted 1/28/2013 1:50:22 PM
Another big thing people arent pointing out about Sivir's spellshield is Caits ult. Tell your support to not take the ult hit, and just laugh at cait when you shield it. Her spell shield really makes Cait stop using skills in lane, other than for farming.
---
Dum spirare vel videre potero, tuus vivet amor.
Es, eras, eris semper amor meus in aeternum.