How to build Hecarim jungle?

#1Ultraknight64Posted 1/27/2013 11:09:17 PM
You guys seem to praise him alot so can I get some tips? Some builds tell me to rush iceborn and build lizard later, and other builds tell me the opposite. What build is optimal for Hecarim?
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#2Shadow EdgePosted 1/27/2013 11:12:17 PM
It all depends. If you're dominating might as well get Lizard + Sheen.
---
ns
#3Albtraum13Posted 1/27/2013 11:14:41 PM
you use jazjingo early game
---
i9 9850k | 8TB DDR4 4800 | Corsair XR328i | FRS DBS FJ 383cu.in SBC | 500 TB SSD |
#4aHappySackaPosted 1/27/2013 11:14:54 PM
Spirit of the Elder Lizard
Frozen Gauntlet
Spirit Visage
Merc Treads
Warmogs
Black Cleaver or something else
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5ShadowD00mPosted 1/27/2013 11:25:43 PM(edited)
Depends really on the enemy comp and if you are actually getting kills or not. Machete and 5 pots to start. Next item is usually boots---->Pick axe(If doing well) or a defensive Item, either Negatron cloak or Chain Vest.

Finish building lvl 2 Boots (Merc if enemy team is heavy CC, Tabi if Heavy AD or Swiftness if neither) Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Spirit Visage and Frozen Gauntlet. Afterwards your last two items should be Warmogs and Bulwark (If Support is already building one, build a Locket of the Iron Solari or a Shurelya's Reverie)
---
Gamer Tag: Ultimated00m
LoL IGN: Rezem
#6Dwhite_1Posted 1/27/2013 11:49:52 PM
i usually go merc treads, IBG, SV, Elder lizard, Randuins and situational, usually a ravenous hydra and homeguard

gives me max cdr, tankyness, and some good dmg

i build it in machete 5 pots- boots & stone, sheen, upgrade boots, work to IBG , get SV, get elder lizard, then if i need more tank get randuins or like a warmogs. if more dmg get something like a ravenous hydra or a gunblade
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#7Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/27/2013 11:58:04 PM
I always start

Machete + 5 pots > Spirit Stone > Boots > Chain Vest > Merc Treads

Once you have a Chain Vest you can come in from behind tower to knock the enemy away from it (be careful if you try this obviously). Then unless magic damage is starting to become a huge threat, I go

Sheen > Iceborn Gauntlet > Kindlegem > Spirit Visage

otherwise I get Negatron and Kindlegem earlier. If magic damage is absolutely no threat I'll just grab the Kindlegem and get Spirit of the Elder Lizard next.

This gives you 40% CDR, so unless your team has incredible synergy with a Black Cleaver Warmogs is next. Round out with BC/GA/Bulwark/Sunfire Cape/Randuins.
---
It's not my wallet!
Contacts in Profile
#8TheConductorSixPosted 1/28/2013 12:04:02 AM
Newer or lower elo players will tell you to build trinity force or elder lizard. These are bad ideas.

Hecarim and most needs Sheen. That's it. Everything else is tank items and cdr. Hecarim needs to be ablento keep W up full time and spam Q. That's it. Iceborn Gauntlets are perfect.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#9Arken101Posted 1/28/2013 12:09:27 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
Newer or lower elo players will tell you to build trinity force or elder lizard. These are bad ideas.

Hecarim and most needs Sheen. That's it. Everything else is tank items and cdr. Hecarim needs to be ablento keep W up full time and spam Q. That's it. Iceborn Gauntlets are perfect.

He gets max CDR with SV and Icefist, not to mention that Lizard procs on everything Hec does, team wide truedamage dot while he's rampaging everything and not dying is hec 101.
---
Dota2 was mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#10Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/28/2013 12:15:45 AM
Arken101 posted...
TheConductorSix posted...

He gets max CDR with SV and Icefist, not to mention that Lizard procs on everything Hec does, team wide truedamage dot while he's rampaging everything and not dying is hec 101.

SV and IBg only give 30% CDR, SotEL is pretty decent on him now that it gives CDR, allows you to get that 40% that's so good for Hec. Saying that the elder lizard upgrade is a bad idea is dumb, specially with its upcoming buffs.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu