yay or neigh syndra

#1Dwhite_1Posted 1/28/2013 12:13:52 AM
how is she? i need an old school ap mid, one that bursts you down and has a high skill cap

so hows syndra? how are the ranges on her attacks, her difficulty lvl, just how is she in general?

can she roam alright?
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#2Sword_SlasherPosted 1/28/2013 12:16:28 AM
Not especially fun, nor good at roaming. Good burst overall and high skillcap, but not too many people enjoy her.
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#3Fire_AwayPosted 1/28/2013 12:16:40 AM
Syndra's burst damage is very high but requires a certain amount of setup, which means she's definitely not a LB style burst mage, who unloads everything at once and ends up looking at a smoldering corpse

The good news is that her setup takes the form of damaging poke and can potentially enable her to perform some devastating CC in teamfights (keyword being potentially - actually utilizing this stun effectively will take practice).
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#4DivinewargodPosted 1/28/2013 12:17:59 AM
Since when is Syndra considered oldschool?
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#5Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:18:09 AM
Fire_Away posted...
Syndra's burst damage is very high but requires a certain amount of setup, which means she's definitely not a LB style burst mage, who unloads everything at once and ends up looking at a smoldering corpse

The good news is that her setup takes the form of damaging poke and can potentially enable her to perform some devastating CC in teamfights (keyword being potentially - actually utilizing this stun effectively will take practice).

like how? what do you mean set ups and stuff? how does she usually go about bursting someone down

and how does she work in teamfights?
---
Smoke Weed All Day
#6Fire_AwayPosted 1/28/2013 12:19:55 AM
Dwhite_1 posted...
Fire_Away posted...

like how? what do you mean set ups and stuff? how does she usually go about bursting someone down

and how does she work in teamfights?

Have you looked at her kit?

Syndra plants orbs with her Q ability. The more of these orbs there are on the field, the more damaging her ult becomes.

Generally Syndra's strategy with bursting in lane is to poke with Q (which provides the aforementioned setup) and wait for a chance to go all in. This will usually be with a jungler, since her stun is hard to land.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#7Wet_moonPosted 1/28/2013 12:23:31 AM(edited)
Syndra is super fun but you will more then likely feel gimped a little.

One of my favorite picks for fun right now (and its not super hard to do well with her since most people don't know her that well).

Edit: I don't know what makes someone good at roaming but she can push pretty well and since I feel the need to build some mana regen on her anyway (like lux) its not usually a problem for me to manage my mana well even in normals where you can't count on blue).
---
You can't fire me, I don't work in this van!
#8Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/28/2013 12:23:13 AM
She's fun, super strong in lane, but falls off like a brick once teamfights happen.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#9aHappySackaPosted 1/28/2013 12:24:52 AM
She has an unnecessarily high skill cap that just isn't worth it in the end compared to better picks like Orianna or Casseopia who outclass her. Otherwise Malzahar, LeBlanc, or Veigar will be much more worth it in the long run judging by your requirements.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#10Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:28:52 AM
Knight_Of_Order posted...
She's fun, super strong in lane, but falls off like a brick once teamfights happen.

why does she fall off during teamfights?
---
Smoke Weed All Day