How's this for a champion idea?

#1Falling_Dragon7Posted 1/28/2013 12:51:27 AM
Primary Role: AD Carry
Secondary Role: Bruiser. Can be played Top due to his ability to trade or Mid due to his range.
Weapon: Bow and Arrow/Long Sword
When ranged he attacks using his slingshot, but when a champion closes, he uses his Long Sword, gaining increased Armor/Magic Resist, at the cost of Attack Speed. The idea is an ADC who can trade fairly decently, without kiting. I know I know, kiting is really fun, and why a lot of people play ADC, and he would do more damage at range, but it's okay to mix roles up a bit, just for variety. If it's not your cup of tea, you can play one of the many pure ranged AD Carrys. Thresh's auto attack really gave me the idea, it changes depending on range.

Passive: Each time XXX uses a different weapon, he gains Armor/Magic Resist, up to a max of X. Lasts X seconds (thinking about five here).

Q, W, E, and R all use a different weapon. Needs a ranged wave clear ability, with lowish damage, and a unique debuff. Needs an original escape, like a hook that can latch onto inanimate objects only, and pull him toward it (Trees, Towers, Demacian Standards...). Needs a delayed aoe skill shot that deals massive damage, slow movement speed, and deals damage after a small amount of time. And his ult could replace all of his weapons with masterwork versions of each, giving all of his abilities increased damage, or max health% damage, to keep him viable late game, or to give him a steroid.

I know, I know, it sounds like Link, with weapons like Bow and Arrow (Light Arrows on ult, dealing max health %), Hylian Sword and Shield (Master Sword and Mirror Shield, reflecting damage and keeping the attack speed), Boomerang (Tornado Boomerang, adding a knock up), Hookshot (Longshot, allowing to be used on friendly champions and minions), Bombs (Bombchus, with faster travel time and explosion). However, I promise you that is not where the idea came from. It just developed that way.
#2aHappySackaPosted 1/28/2013 12:52:36 AM
tl:dr all I see is a Jayce rip-off
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3DivinewargodPosted 1/28/2013 12:53:33 AM
TC, that last paragraph just totally made my fall in love with you.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#4Falling_Dragon7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:54:36 AM
Well Jayce actually changes his weapon with his R. It automatically changes with this champion, just like Thresh's AA animation. This champion is much more focused on range, just with the ability to fight close if necessary.

Thanks for the input though!
#5kirbyakaZPosted 1/28/2013 1:08:30 AM(edited)
Inverted Gangplank?
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4
#6QuetzalmaPosted 1/28/2013 4:42:40 AM
It would be cool to be something like Firion on Dissidia, he's a character we can use that uses a dagger, sword, staff, axe, bow, shield, spear depending on the move you use.

In this case, we could have a champion have 3 different weapons, when you use one of his skills(QWE) he'd change to that weapon and perform some skill with it, then all his AA would use that weapon, lets say he had a Sword. a Bow and a Staff:

Q would change his weapon into a Sword and perform a swinging sword attack(AoE like Garen's), this move could be used to clear lots of clustered minions or jungle
W would change his weapon to a Bow and perform a long range shot that would hit everything in the direction(like Varus)
E would change his weapon to a Staff and perform some strong single target magic damage, in addition, his AA would be based on AP instead of AD

His R could be 1 of 2 things: Either it empowers the weapons(making them Gold Weapons or smthing) making the skills stronger and the attacks have extra damage (for a duration)
OR
He activates all his weapons at same time and attacks with them all in a combo doing awesome damage

He could be a nice bruiser on top with the sword, he could be a nice adc with W, he could be a nice mid with E, he could even be the first champion with AA based on AP instead of AD, I think he'd be really cool
#7BhelliumPosted 1/28/2013 5:39:17 AM(edited)
Link, I like it.

Make it happen. Riot is basically a Japanese company now right?

---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#8Falling_Dragon7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:51:11 AM
Bump
#9kirbyakaZPosted 1/28/2013 12:01:39 PM
Quetzalma posted...
It would be cool to be something like Firion on Dissidia, he's a character we can use that uses a dagger, sword, staff, axe, bow, shield, spear depending on the move you use.

In this case, we could have a champion have 3 different weapons, when you use one of his skills(QWE) he'd change to that weapon and perform some skill with it, then all his AA would use that weapon, lets say he had a Sword. a Bow and a Staff:

Q would change his weapon into a Sword and perform a swinging sword attack(AoE like Garen's), this move could be used to clear lots of clustered minions or jungle
W would change his weapon to a Bow and perform a long range shot that would hit everything in the direction(like Varus)
E would change his weapon to a Staff and perform some strong single target magic damage, in addition, his AA would be based on AP instead of AD

His R could be 1 of 2 things: Either it empowers the weapons(making them Gold Weapons or smthing) making the skills stronger and the attacks have extra damage (for a duration)
OR
He activates all his weapons at same time and attacks with them all in a combo doing awesome damage

He could be a nice bruiser on top with the sword, he could be a nice adc with W, he could be a nice mid with E, he could even be the first champion with AA based on AP instead of AD, I think he'd be really cool

His ult could be also be something like Udyr, where he can get it at level 1 and it's something else entirely, like a midranged flail or something wacky if the character is like a little kid it could be a slingshot. If an adult it could be a whip or gernades or something with a splash attack at midrange.

Or his ult could make him pull out a slingshot and let him only use that for a time, but when he pressed QWE it would have different properties (the melee one would do damage with AD and could crit like mad, the AP one with AP and do a splash attack, and the bow one could be super long range with a small debuff)

Or his ult could simply combine all of his other weapons, something like a magic bow that shoots daggers, scaling with AD, AP, and Crit chance all at once with a really long attack range and let him only use it for like 5 shots, but be super strong.

Just a few ideas. TC if you flesh this out more let me know, I would love to see the full thing (and would like some credit if you use one of my ults) and if you don't want to flesh it out more, let me know and I will and give you credit. Either way, it's a great champ that I think the main board's people would love.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:12 Annoyed faces:4
#10xXDEATHXx19Posted 1/28/2013 12:14:42 PM
Falling_Dragon7 posted...
Primary Role: AD Carry
Secondary Role: Bruiser. Can be played Top due to his ability to trade or Mid due to his range.
Weapon: Bow and Arrow/Long Sword
When ranged he attacks using his slingshot, but when a champion closes, he uses his Long Sword, gaining increased Armor/Magic Resist, at the cost of Attack Speed. The idea is an ADC who can trade fairly decently, without kiting. I know I know, kiting is really fun, and why a lot of people play ADC, and he would do more damage at range, but it's okay to mix roles up a bit, just for variety. If it's not your cup of tea, you can play one of the many pure ranged AD Carrys. Thresh's auto attack really gave me the idea, it changes depending on range.

Passive: Each time XXX uses a different weapon, he gains Armor/Magic Resist, up to a max of X. Lasts X seconds (thinking about five here).

Q, W, E, and R all use a different weapon. Needs a ranged wave clear ability, with lowish damage, and a unique debuff. Needs an original escape, like a hook that can latch onto inanimate objects only, and pull him toward it (Trees, Towers, Demacian Standards...). Needs a delayed aoe skill shot that deals massive damage, slow movement speed, and deals damage after a small amount of time. And his ult could replace all of his weapons with masterwork versions of each, giving all of his abilities increased damage, or max health% damage, to keep him viable late game, or to give him a steroid.

I know, I know, it sounds like Link, with weapons like Bow and Arrow (Light Arrows on ult, dealing max health %), Hylian Sword and Shield (Master Sword and Mirror Shield, reflecting damage and keeping the attack speed), Boomerang (Tornado Boomerang, adding a knock up), Hookshot (Longshot, allowing to be used on friendly champions and minions), Bombs (Bombchus, with faster travel time and explosion). However, I promise you that is not where the idea came from. It just developed that way.

had an idea like this once, but I actually had abilities and stats given, unfortunately i don't post ideas on here cause they may get ripped off.