Is Warwick as useless as they say?

#1CrazyFunkyMasaoPosted 1/28/2013 1:05:59 PM
So I had this guy for a while now but never got around to play him. Now that I did, I have to say he is really fun, but I've heard from a lot of poeple that he is useless mid-late game against people with half a brain.

Is that true? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Any advice?
---
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D & LittleBigPlanet Vita
#2the_rowanPosted 1/28/2013 1:08:26 PM
He's useless all game in the jungle and kind of okay top lane. You can't really force him out of lane, anyway. I still would never want one on my team.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#3xMikhalxPosted 1/28/2013 1:09:44 PM(edited)
I'd say he's useless early-mid game because he doesn't have his ultimate, therefore ganking relatively difficultly and unreliably.

Mid-late is when he has some items to be tanky/deal damage/be a nuisance. Of course, people quicksilver out of his ult, but just use it intelligently.

He has a slow jungle time and is generally worthless until level 6. I don't think he sucks, just hard to use effectively and season 3 nerfs to armor/resist costs make him kinda meh (he scales better with armor/resist/cdr than flat health). His Q is annoying to deal with for people who stack straight health though; but then Mundo's more useful in that aspect.

I wouldn't write him off, but he's not the best.
#4themagicpainmanPosted 1/28/2013 1:10:08 PM
I'd say he's useless early-mid game because he doesn't have his ultimate, therefore ganking relatively difficultly and unreliably.

When does mid game start for you?
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#5Kevman510Posted 1/28/2013 2:47:41 PM
He's rough early game, but his mid game ganks are guaranteed kills. Late game, he's a tank that you can't kill unless you have ignite or another grievous wounds ability. He will lock down your AD carry unless they have a QSS, and outsustain your team.
#6ZurrCatPosted 1/28/2013 2:53:35 PM
He's also fine mid depending on the match up. Coordinated ganks using his ult are scary.
---
A sour note is produced. It's the one Agitation plays to make its audience squirm.
LoL IGN: Tropical Florist
#7mrmonstrPosted 1/28/2013 2:57:30 PM
themagicpainman posted...

When does mid game start for you?

I wouldn't translate their post as early OR mid but rather inbetween. early game, there is no ganks usually, because your clearing jungle and then around level 3 or 4 You go in for the ganks

(of course there could be some early action which he is useless at)
#8Dynasty_VicPosted 1/28/2013 2:59:10 PM
He's not completely useless but as the other guy above me said. If you can co-ordinate well in your ganks and teamfights, than Warwick can be very dangerious.

But he did get nerfed due to the lost of Bloodrazor. :'(
---
Taking the Dustiflier easily for KH 358/2 Days :http://youtu.be/XH6LFvUVrjM
#9zeppelin312Posted 1/28/2013 3:03:39 PM
Dynasty_Vic posted...
He's not completely useless but as the other guy above me said. If you can co-ordinate well in your ganks and teamfights, than Warwick can be very dangerious.

But he did get nerfed due to the lost of Bloodrazor. :'(

wut
#10shadyelfPosted 1/28/2013 3:13:18 PM
Early game sucks. Ramps up later on. Haven't played him in norms for months but even in the games where I didn't do so well his W just let us take towers so fast.
---
?