Is Warwick as useless as they say?

#21_Yag_Posted 1/28/2013 3:57:48 PM
I just can't legitimize taking up a spot on my team for a champion that's only good for his ult, and even then get countered so easily by a fairly cheap item....

he's about the last jungler I would ever wan't on my team tbh. I'd rather have jungle soraka.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#22Dynasty_VicPosted 1/28/2013 4:03:09 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
Dynasty_Vic posted...
EDumey posted...
WW is fine as a champ right now. His late game is not useless. Most people see him as an Ult machine, and think he's "useless" if someone CC's him out of it. But WW still has infinite sustain that can keep him alive a surprisingly long time in a team fight, along with natural damage that's hard to ignore. Even building majority Tankwick, you can still become a sticking force that can outduel many champs in the game.

His sustain and regen from ult becomes useless once you ignite him.

You can cleanse or QSS the ignite. Even if you don't, it only lasts 5 sec. If you REALLY need to, duck out of the fight for a quick second and come back in to get more hp. It's a bit tricky sometimes since he's melee, but ignite doesn't make him useless...Mundo is still useful when ignited. Why would you call WW useless?

Mundo does get easier to kill if you ignite him when he ults. It makes a massive difference to igniting him at a different time than when he ults.

I didn't mean to say that Warwick becomes useless but I meant that his passive and ult doesn't give him much survivabilty to tank when he is ignited.
---
Taking the Dustiflier easily for KH 358/2 Days :http://youtu.be/XH6LFvUVrjM
#23Rookie_JetPosted 1/28/2013 4:11:00 PM
_Yag_ posted...
I just can't legitimize taking up a spot on my team for a champion that's only good for his ult, and even then get countered so easily by a fairly cheap item....

he's about the last jungler I would ever wan't on my team tbh. I'd rather have jungle soraka.

I've never seen anyone get a QSS during laning phase. That's when you make the most of his ult anyway and give your team an advantage going into the mid-late game team fights. The CD on his ult is not that long either ( I think like 1 min) so your going to be feeding your top and mid pretty hard (bot is a little bit harder if the support has hard CC which is pretty common now with Leona and Taric running amok).

If they do buy a QSS, they missed out on their large rod or big sword. So yes, itemizing against WW's only CC is more than feasible, but you have to consider the opportunity cost. If the ADC buys it, they're setting back their damage. Also, they're only protected against magic damage which means your ADC will still shred them easily. And obviously, if they don't buy QSS or BV, they should be dead or CC-locked (to death) in an ideal situation.
#24Rookie_JetPosted 1/28/2013 4:13:00 PM
Dynasty_Vic posted...
Mundo does get easier to kill if you ignite him when he ults. It makes a massive difference to igniting him at a different time than when he ults.

I didn't mean to say that Warwick becomes useless but I meant that his passive and ult doesn't give him much survivabilty to tank when he is ignited.

I agree ignite is a really good counter, but 50% sustain that champs like WW and Mundo still have is still quite a bit.
#25_Yag_Posted 1/28/2013 4:15:10 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
_Yag_ posted...

I've never seen anyone get a QSS during laning phase. That's when you make the most of his ult anyway and give your team an advantage going into the mid-late game team fights. The CD on his ult is not that long either ( I think like 1 min) so your going to be feeding your top and mid pretty hard (bot is a little bit harder if the support has hard CC which is pretty common now with Leona and Taric running amok).

If they do buy a QSS, they missed out on their large rod or big sword. So yes, itemizing against WW's only CC is more than feasible, but you have to consider the opportunity cost. If the ADC buys it, they're setting back their damage. Also, they're only protected against magic damage which means your ADC will still shred them easily. And obviously, if they don't buy QSS or BV, they should be dead or CC-locked (to death) in an ideal situation.

im not saying to rush QSS, yeah his ult will work well during mid game, but eventually once team fights start happening around 25-30min enemy squishies will undoubtedly get the QSS making WW pretty useless for the rest of the game. other jungles can't be negated that easily.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#26Rookie_JetPosted 1/28/2013 4:25:57 PM
_Yag_ posted...
im not saying to rush QSS, yeah his ult will work well during mid game, but eventually once team fights start happening around 25-30min enemy squishies will undoubtedly get the QSS making WW pretty useless for the rest of the game. other jungles can't be negated that easily.

Well, I guess I'm just disagreeing that WW is useless without his ult. Yes, that is his most praised skill, but that AS aura for your ADC and the very low CD %hp damage is nothing to sneeze at imo. It's also nice when your team just won a fight but that APC or ADC manages to just barely get out, but they can't escape your blood sense and they die anyway.

I can see the argument if someone said you might as well take Olaf since he outclasses WW, but I can't see the argument being straight up WW is useless with or without his ult.
#27N3crisPosted 1/28/2013 4:32:36 PM
I wanted to ask a question, why does no one take Warwick mid? I mean I am sure there are people that do and have before, but wouldn't that make him more viable? Warwick can hit 6 faster, can gank other lanes quicker and become more useful while being tanky. Since he is mana dependent, he can get the blue buff and probably counter jungle every once in awhile. This is just speculation and I wondered is there anything bad if you go mid, I have been playing cho and this has got me thinking of other tops going mid now.
---
Dunno. Some people can't swallow their ego. Well I'm sure Kennen has swallowed ego but that's another story - Shadyelf
#28Rookie_JetPosted 1/28/2013 4:45:53 PM
N3cris posted...
I wanted to ask a question, why does no one take Warwick mid? I mean I am sure there are people that do and have before, but wouldn't that make him more viable? Warwick can hit 6 faster, can gank other lanes quicker and become more useful while being tanky. Since he is mana dependent, he can get the blue buff and probably counter jungle every once in awhile. This is just speculation and I wondered is there anything bad if you go mid, I have been playing cho and this has got me thinking of other tops going mid now.

The one reason I can think of is that he doesn't have a good way to clear a wave so ganking leaves his lane susceptible to being pushed and downing his tower.
#29dotsdfePosted 1/28/2013 4:49:26 PM
His only point of value is his ult, both for ganks and for later in the game. He's not abysmal but he's not great by any means.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#30EDumeyPosted 1/28/2013 5:29:38 PM

You are also assuming that every ult ever used is going to be on their squishies. If the enemy team honestly wasted that much gold to counter you, then there will still be the enemy bruisers to lock down. Irelia dives your carry? She's suppressed and taking huge chunks of damage from WW and your own carry at the same time.

I just don't understand people claiming he's only an ult. Look at his kit. He's indomitable and does damage. Tanky DPS has been meta for forever, why is WW an exception? Most likely because you just haven't seen a good one.

I will admit that there are better options than him for specific tasks, but WW is by no means a bad pick. He has really good top lane matchups, and he will almost always be useful in pretty much any team comp, whether you use him for Initiation, Peeling, Damage, or whatever. He's a Bruiser. He is a Bruiser that ALSO has a Hard CC Suppressing Ult that people are far more scared of than the ults of Jax/Irelia/etc.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg