A story portraying why ranked is not a good indicater or single player skill.

#11Mouse_CrousePosted 1/28/2013 4:24:40 PM
10/10 for the amusing story.

6/10 for effort

2/10 for the point because it's incorrect. Elo will place you where you belong over enough games. Both teams will get the 'Hellen Kellers' and 'Stephen Hawkings'. Law of averages.
#12DoctorEggmanPosted 1/28/2013 4:27:23 PM
I'm pretty sure lebron james would dunk 5 randoms in a bball game by himself.
Easier if he even had 4 incompetent lackeys wandering around.
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://i.imgur.com/n8yh1.jpg
#13kaysa13Posted 1/28/2013 4:40:34 PM
Inb4 that's the reason he left Cleveland.

You got mainstream journalism right.
---
This is a signature.
#14ForgettablePosted 1/28/2013 4:55:28 PM
I am thoroughly amused.
#15Absol_AddictPosted 1/28/2013 4:59:35 PM
_RaveMaster_ posted...
10/10 would read again.

---
Play Project M with me!
Project M Friendcode 4725-9743-5555
#16Suffer_NotPosted 1/28/2013 5:20:26 PM
So once upon a time I was LeBron James and I was shooting some bball with a kid from the bronx, a range of spectral light, and a mexican stereotype. I wasn't too concerned about their squabbling because I was looking forward to having a good time, when all of the sudden I see who is on the other team. Llort. Odo. Microsoft Admin. I was clearly outnumbered and my teammates were clearly outmatched.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/gejsiv/gameRecords/hurricaneoncailyn_zpsef17de5a.png

Try to understand my position in this game. Normally when someone is constantly tripping over a penguin with cerebral palsy, that guy gets blamed by everyone else. But everyone on the team was tripping on penguins, so they decided to collectively blame me for not carrying hard enough. "You have all the kills, why aren't you winning yet? It's 30 minutes into the game, why aren't you full build? If I were the one with 6 kills we would have won by now." Etc.

But I want you to understand something. If nothing else, I need you to know this one single yet crucial detail about LeBron James; He knows how to work a crowd. There was only one thing I had to do to win that game. One single simple, thing. I didn't need to get the most kills. I didn't need to get the most farm. All I had to do was convince Nunu to bloodboil me and the game would be over. And even if it took 40 minutes, I finally convinced him to do just that. Because the other thing about LeBron James? He's a winner. It's what he does.

Now I know you're sitting there thinking to yourself, "But how can I possibly be a winner like LeBron James? There is no way I could convince a feeding and malcontent Nunu to press W!" And you'd be wrong. You CAN convince that Nunu to stop trying to snowball Lux. You can proceed to kill Microsoft Admin with the bear hands you wrassled off of Llort. You can solo their base and take 2 inhibs while your team derps around with Baron. You can dominate map presence while your Kayle dies over and over again. And you can get 3 honorable opponents while your teammates talk about how awesome they were and how much you sucked in the post game chat. And you can walk away without saying a darned thing to them.

Wanna know why?

Because you're awesome, TC. And I believe in you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#17BhelliumPosted 1/28/2013 5:32:25 PM(edited)
Suffer_Not posted...

all right, that was beautiful

where's the upvote on this thing
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#18DivinewargodPosted 1/28/2013 5:27:44 PM
Good stuff, TC.
---
MHTri: Corey
Fatal Frame is the most interesting horror game series.
#19stascakbw07Posted 1/28/2013 5:29:13 PM
This post insinuates that Lebron James is in the same basketball ELO as Helen Keller.

This post also insinuates that at this ELO, the other team is not blighted by the same level of disabled players.

I think the real moral of the story is that this story is that at 600 basketball ELO, it's likely that a team is going to be made up of Helen Keller, Stephen Hawking, CPPenguin, Popeye, and a butthurt deranged schizo in a straight jacket who's convinced he's Lebron James.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deA1JUUZFQ
Your carry is the best player on my team!
#20BhelliumPosted 1/28/2013 5:30:28 PM
stascakbw07 posted...

I think the real moral of the story is that this story is that at 600 basketball ELO, it's likely that a team is going to be made up of Helen Keller, Stephen Hawking, CPPenguin, Popeye, and a butthurt deranged schizo in a straight jacket who's convinced he's Lebron James.

10/10

also beautiful
say one thing about this topic it has brought out the best
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.