Leona Jungle

#1Price_Of_FamePosted 1/28/2013 5:01:55 PM
Someone tried this in my last champion select.

Was our entire team right to insult them harshly and then talk about dodging (ultimately someone on the other team did before we could).

Or does she work in S3 or something? O_o
---
It's a Chastain world and we are all just living in it.
#2AlastreonPosted 1/28/2013 5:17:56 PM
Lol no
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#3Small_appliancePosted 1/28/2013 5:22:12 PM
She's always worked. Clears are pretty slow, but the ganks are amazing and she'll be useful well into lategame.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#4MegaSlimePosted 1/28/2013 5:26:33 PM
Awesome ganks, but very very slow.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#5BhelliumPosted 1/28/2013 5:27:36 PM
so basically with jungle leona you would grab blue (or red), clear the other, then just spend the rest of the match ganking?
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 1/28/2013 5:30:43 PM
Small_appliance posted...
She's always worked. Clears are pretty slow, but the ganks are amazing and she'll be useful well into lategame.

---
And then John was a zombie.
#7RikeruPosted 1/28/2013 5:37:44 PM
Isn't Leona just a really subpar Amumu jungle?
#8G0dSlay3rPosted 1/28/2013 5:40:30 PM
Remember jungle Ali?

It's like that, but slower. Still, the combo of hard-CC and a damage-amp passive would make her very tempting as a jungler.

Dunno. Might work with AS reds and Quints for clear assistance.
#9the_rowanPosted 1/28/2013 5:43:51 PM
Rikeru posted...
Isn't Leona just a really subpar Amumu jungle?

She has an extra 1.25 second stun (well, if you count her E as doing the same thing as Amumu's Q... even though his is a stun and hers a snare, it's basically the same for ganking.) Her gap closer/snare goes through minions, but has shorter range (just eyeballing on the range issue). Not sure who brings more damage, since her passive adds quite a bit. Leona's ult is ranged while Amumu's is centered around himself, but Leona's ult is only an 80% slow instead of a stun if you don't hit directly with it, but it has a much shorter cooldown.

So she's really a better ganker, but her clears are just abysmal.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#10G0dSlay3rPosted 1/28/2013 6:33:41 PM
Actually, just tried a solo run of Leona jungle.

11/19 masteries.
Taking attack speed, minion/monstore damage bonus and magic penetration masteries in offense and just general jungle-tank masteries in defense.
10% attack speed through runes, 7 AD, flat armor seals and magic resist/lvl glyphs.
Also tried a variation that gave me 25% attack speed total for faster clears.

Trust me when i say - you don't want to have a Leona in your team as a jungler.

The issue with Season 3 jungle is - if you've got a slow clear time, you'll never, ever get good ganks off.
This is unfortunately very true for Leona. Her clear time is atrocious and no matter what skill you take first, you'll still be taking too much damage to even get red after you do your blue-side jungle clear. You can forget any and all early ganks with her.
Another issue is that her skills don't do much damage, but you still need to use them whenever possible to help out her clear time.
This creates an interesting situation where you're pretty much forced to take 9 in Utility to have mana to spam those skills(otherwise, you'll run out of mana really quickly), but if you do that you'll take even more damage(or clear slower) and will have to back sooner.

I dunno. I don't like it at all.