why do people max q on

#21DottledPosted 1/29/2013 3:14:19 PM(edited)
Because they're bad. The good ones max E first because it gives them the easiest and safest harass in conjunction with W, gives them a stronger slow, while also giving them lower cooldowns on said W for further increased mobility and zoning power.

During laning, you're much less likely to be forced to push if you harass with W+E than with Q, and it gives you much better zone control since your opponent will be forced to keep away from your shadow while it's out, so if all is well you should end up with more CS. The shadow is a more threatening presence in lane for its duration with a levelled E since it's easier to land and you can do it twice (edit: use the spell twice, not hit twice with the same spell). When restoring energy with a shadowed E you are left with much less of an energy deficit whereas with Q you need to have a few levels in it before you can make that large deficit smaller.

Once you hit level 6, if you decide to nuke down your opponent then it will be easier to do so with your increased slow, and this increased slow also greatly helps you for roaming ganks at bot/top lane.

The 100% bonus AD ratio on Q is 100% at level 1, only the base damage increases when you level it, not the scaling, so I don't get it when people say levelling it takes advantage of it.

Since Q also only has an 80% ratio when you hit secondary targets, unless your opponent is really bad then they will be a secondary target most of the time throughout the laning phase, so you won't be getting the full ratio often anyway. You're more likely to get your Q off on an enemy as a primary when you gank or when you ult, until teamfights come around, and by that time you will nearly or already have started levelling Q anyway.

Maxing E means you increase your 80% ratio spell with more base damage while your Q still does good damage because it's scaling better with your items than E could. Plus everything else I just said.

TL;DR: There are much better arguments to support levelling E before Q than the other way round.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#22SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:27:23 PM
what about w? it gives free ad
---
Everyone trying to get on that Swiftness
#23DottledPosted 1/29/2013 5:35:24 PM(edited)
SwiftToadz posted...

I feel that maxing E-W-Q just offsets your damage too much, although the reduced CD is nice. The extra % to bonus AD doesn't really start adding up to much until you have a decent amount of items. I always go R-E-Q-W and I always do well with him that way. Your ult mark would do a lot less damage without some points in Q if you pull off his best case.

---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#24RihawfPosted 1/29/2013 5:32:59 PM
i like frogs how about a frog skin?
THANKS
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#25Reaper_MinionPosted 1/29/2013 5:34:32 PM
Wings says triple shuriken is not worth it and doesn't actually help you burst anyone faster at all.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#26SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:06:46 PM
Dottled posted...
SwiftToadz posted...

I feel that maxing E-W-Q just offsets your damage too much, although the reduced CD is nice. The extra % to bonus AD doesn't really start adding up to much until you have a decent amount of items. I always go R-E-Q-W and I always do well with him that way. Your ult mark would do a lot less damage without some points in Q if you pull off his best case.

so timate good on him
---
#27SwiftToadz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:47:41 PM
Reaper_Minion posted...
Wings says triple shuriken is not worth it and doesn't actually help you burst anyone faster at all.

whos wings again
---
#28SwiftCoookiePosted 2/1/2013 2:37:33 PM
SwiftToadz posted...
Reaper_Minion posted...

whos wings again

search it god,
---
Life is like Jack in the Box
#29xXDEATHXx19Posted 2/1/2013 2:42:13 PM
lower cooldown, higher damage, harass, lower energy costs. stacks with shadows. stacks with ult. need you ask more.
#30SwiftCoookiePosted 2/3/2013 12:47:18 PM
xXDEATHXx19 posted...
lower cooldown, higher damage, harass, lower energy costs. stacks with shadows. stacks with ult. need you ask more.

Yea, do you smart cast it?
---
Life is like Jack in the Box