How the **** do I lane against Sion?

#21Wrathchild91Posted 1/29/2013 6:05:51 AM
How do you lane against Sion?

You farm and kill him and win the lane
#22Reaper_MinionPosted 1/29/2013 8:34:01 AM
He has to activate his shield before he stuns you or risk it getting destroyed. Simply avoid him when he uses it and he'll waste his mana. Know his cooldowns and abuse him while his stuff are on CD.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#23Tucker4321Posted 1/29/2013 8:51:50 AM
Pick a champion that can harass from far away. If he ever pops his shield to farm early. Damage it so it cannot pop and push the lane. If he decides to pop it to get the farm he will take a lot of damage from you, Either way it is going to go your way.

Most sions cannot deal with this.
#24ZallKlosPosted 1/29/2013 8:55:21 AM
AD Sion, Teemo
AP Sion, anyone who can destroy his shield before it blows up.
---
Are girls something with ".jpg" at the end of their name?
#25happyscrub1Posted 1/29/2013 8:58:11 AM
_HeX posted...
Play Elise, poke his shield down every time and harras him out of lane. If he goes in to trade he will lose every time.

Elise doesn't do enough poke damage to break sion shield. Sion shield gets harder to burst but elise can't even do it at lvl 1. And elise can eat a stun and get burst herself if she tries to auto attack his shield down if that's what you thinking.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#26happyscrub1Posted 1/29/2013 9:00:38 AM
ZallKlos posted...

AP Sion, anyone who can destroy his shield before it blows up.

Not only is that not true, its kinda bad. Sion shield don't use much mana and has a crazy ass ratio. You would run urself dry trying to do that.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#27Rookie_JetPosted 1/29/2013 9:04:41 AM
Reaper_Minion posted...
He has to activate his shield before he stuns you or risk it getting destroyed. Simply avoid him when he uses it and he'll waste his mana. Know his cooldowns and abuse him while his stuff are on CD.

This. He has fairly long CDs. His biggest weakness early game is that his mana pool is low yet his spells cost quite a bit. If he's investing in mana regen, that probably means he's sacrificing something somewhere, probably armor. Find out what it is and abuse it. Some people are saying poke his shield down.

I personally just back off and let him pop it on creeps. Sure, you'll miss some CS, but it makes him push too far and he has no escape at all, especially if his stun is down. Learn to last hit at tower and it's no problem. 2 tower hits for melee, then you last hit. Hit ranged minions once, let tower hit, then you last hit. Even when the stun is up, he can only stun one of you (assuming you're getting a gank because pushed Sion should be food).
#28BurnumMasterPosted 1/29/2013 9:17:03 AM
I can't say personally I remember having any troubles with him, but try a no mana cooldown champ if you want to break his shield repeatedly. Something like morde, kat, or vlad.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#29dragon12844Posted 1/29/2013 9:33:07 AM
I found that as gangplank I did well against Sion since every time he stuns you just use oranges. Also yoyu you can use parrley to harass
---
Core i5 3550/EVGA GTX 570/Asrock Z77Extreme 4/8gb gskill
GT: Fire Hazerdz
#30Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:30:34 PM
Bhellium posted...
y'all are why Riot has to ban people

The real answer is to not let early Sion scare you TC. Ward your bushes, don't try to 100-0 him when you're at 60%, and don't let him hit you for free.

Especially as Jax. Start going at him, chance are he'll stun. When it wears off, E. Or E going in to make him blow his stun when you're invulnerable to his damage if he doesn't fall for that. If he runs, Q. W. Keep smacking him. Dare him to trade. Try to do this when his shield is down and he's pushed. Since he's Sion he's almost certainly pushed.

Oh, yeah he's pushed alright. He's always pushed right up to tower. Feels like I'm last hitting under turret at about lv 3.

Can't stand the guy. Harder than Darius for me to lane against, maybe I need more practice against him.

I might stick to Jax against him for a while and just see how things pan out I guess. :/
---
[]Signature[]