Breaking the meta: 5 solo roles

#1jonlaw101Posted 1/29/2013 5:44:26 AM(edited)
Top -> Stays as typical top or can be an AD carry to replace the new bot lane
Mid -> Stays as typical mid or can be an AD carry to replace the new bot lane
Jungler -> Stays as typical jungler, preferably a gank jungler like Amumu or Nautilus

Bot - > Solo lane. Preferably ranged and can farm well under tower. Sustain is an added bonus. Urgot as always is a good example. Vlad or Teemo could also do. Make no mistake, this lane will be taking the brunt of the pressure and the player needs to understand this. He will also most likely be behind if there is no external help, most likely from mid or jungler/counter jungler

Support -> Dedicated counter jungler. Someone who can clear camps fast, quick mobility/hinders enemy mobility or dueling. So not your gank jungler. Nunu, Shyvana or Evelynn are good examples. They stay in the enemies jungle and clear their camps before they get there, focusing on depriving the enemy jungler of resources. They can also assist in ganks.

By taking roles in this way, we get more map presence (buff and objectives) in exchange of lane presence. Double Smite also means if you get anything stolen from you while you're grouped up, you should feel sad.
To make up for this, we can co-ordinate our ganks on the lanes two have two jungler and possibly a mid laner gank. Bot lane will require the most assistance due to the obvious lack of presence. In addition, it means the enemy team has to keep track of two junglers instead of one, meaning a gank can happen in two lanes at once.

Beware of kill lanes at bot.

EDIT: Also, jungler 2 should take an early Oracle's. Again the focus being on map and objective control, and opening up gank paths.
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#2OnionOfMysteryPosted 1/29/2013 5:32:15 AM
This could be done well, but both solo lanes have to be able to carry pretty hard, and do so. Not much room for error.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#3RydethetigerPosted 1/29/2013 5:36:34 AM
Any competent bot lane combo would destroy a lane that is left solo ALL game. If you look at the Pro scene and the lane swapping they do, it is only to play into the strategy they use to push the tower out, and get the advantage for their solos. This would work below like...1000 elo maybe, because people have no idea how to deal with it.

Also, by putting somebody in their jungle, not only do you open yourself up to SO many ganks from mid while you try to counter (easily seen with a single ward) but you are starving out BOTH of your junglers.

Oh, and before i forget...

Jonlaw topic, move along
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Add if you are a good ADC
#4Rookie_JetPosted 1/29/2013 5:38:47 AM
This actually sounds fun to try. Would need a 5 man though so people don't dodge XP
#5jonlaw101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:40:43 AM
Rydethetiger posted...
Any competent bot lane combo would destroy a lane that is left solo ALL game. If you look at the Pro scene and the lane swapping they do, it is only to play into the strategy they use to push the tower out, and get the advantage for their solos. This would work below like...1000 elo maybe, because people have no idea how to deal with it.

M5 did it when they were M5 and their Urgot was definitely behind but wasn't destroyed.

Rydethetiger posted...
Also, by putting somebody in their jungle, not only do you open yourself up to SO many ganks from mid while you try to counter (easily seen with a single ward) but you are starving out BOTH of your junglers.

If mid and top puts enough pressure on, they can react to enemy movement and the enemies will miss out on creep waves. And how would this starve out both junglers? Jungler 1 still gets his own jungle. Jungle 2 who would've been a 0cs support is instead stealing from the enemy. The idea is to starve out the enemy more.

Rydethetiger posted...
Oh, and before i forget...

Jonlaw topic, move along

Why you mad?
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#6RydethetigerPosted 1/29/2013 5:45:43 AM
Not mad at all, just commenting on your past history.

When did M5 do a double jungle...

The fact of the matter is that you are starving yourself out just as much, The support gets good GP5 items and aura items to help ADC in lane, as well as soaking the exp. They will be so far behind from getting half the enemy jungle.

It will be literally impossible for a single player to starve the enemy jungle completely. He will gank your solo lane, and proceed to farm jungle when you have to cover. Im glad you are thinking outside the box, but this idea is dumb.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - 1349
#7jonlaw101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:52:13 AM
Rydethetiger posted...
Not mad at all, just commenting on your past history.

Don't hate me coz you hate me.

Rydethetiger posted...
When did M5 do a double jungle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kx5Ut2ArI8#t=9m30s - Admittedly, their double jungle was a focus on ganks than invading, but the point remains that solo laner didn't get 'destroyed'.

Rydethetiger posted...
The fact of the matter is that you are starving yourself out just as much, The support gets good GP5 items and aura items to help ADC in lane, as well as soaking the exp. They will be so far behind from getting half the enemy jungle.

Jungler 2 can pick up these same items, and should be leveling about the same rate (compared to standard support) if my calculations are right, and the bot laner benefits from solo exp where the enemy does not.

Rydethetiger posted...
It will be literally impossible for a single player to starve the enemy jungle completely. He will gank your solo lane, and proceed to farm jungle when you have to cover. Im glad you are thinking outside the box, but this idea is dumb.

Not completely, but you know, having a guy dedicated to it can damage him pretty badly.
---
#8ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/29/2013 6:22:42 AM
the idea of a dedicated counter jungler would be destroyed by lanes that can wave clear quickly and go into their own jungle the reason you dont see roamers/dedicated counter junglers is because of how dangerous it is. it can work but is very high risk with only moderate/decent reward.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#9MetleonPosted 1/29/2013 6:31:28 AM
I've done something like this in Blind Pick with my friends. Two of us take Smite, the ADC goes top for a 1v1 lane, and then we get someone who's good at 2v1 like Olaf to go bot. One jungler starts red and the other starts blue, then we go for a lv. 2 invade, usually resulting in our team getting all 4 of the first buffs and first blood on the enemy jungler.

After that, the junglers keep ganking and the enemy jungler is so far behind that they generally can't catch back up. Only problem comes when we get first blooded during the invade due to the laners coming to help the jungler.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#10HagenExPosted 1/29/2013 6:32:17 AM
The whole dedicated counter jungler thingie might work if there were 10 or so minion camps on each side.