A bit different team setup

#1Stalky24Posted 1/29/2013 7:20:30 AM
This isnt really meta-breaking as much as meta-tweaking but its something we did with our low elo ranked team and won several times.

We have AP Top or even assassin AP top (Katarina or Vlad most of the time)
We put our ADC on mid (me, either Ezreal or Jayce, I really like to play ADC Jayce)
standart jungler
and bot is bruiser+support killlane (some combo of Jarvan/Leona/Xin/Panth, most usually its Jarvan support + Panth)

What this means is that their botlane gets decimated hard. Only time it doesnt work as good is vs Ezreal, thats why we either ban him or first-pick him. They cant really laneswitch vs this because of how destructive double-bruiser is on lane. Which means they dont have ADC while we still do.

Best thing about it is that it is very awkward to counterpick for enemy. You see team of Ezreal, Katarina, Jarvan, Amumu, Leona for example. It is nothing too strange, Ezreal+Leona bot, Amumu in jungle, Jarvan top and Kat mid, right? Enemy counterpicks accordingly. But then they get surprised because of what came against him: Kat top, Ez mid and Jarvan/Leona bot is not what they expected to face on bot. Its a lot of fun.
#2MizunoRyuuPosted 1/29/2013 7:22:47 AM
>ADC Jayce
>JIV support
600 Elo detected.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#3EnclosurePosted 1/29/2013 7:26:23 AM
It probably works really well at beating people who blindly follow the meta without understanding why or having the skills to back it up.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#4Rookie_JetPosted 1/29/2013 7:35:13 AM
Stalky24 posted...
Best thing about it is that it is very awkward to counterpick for enemy. You see team of Ezreal, Katarina, Jarvan, Amumu, Leona for example. It is nothing too strange, Ezreal+Leona bot, Amumu in jungle, Jarvan top and Kat mid, right? Enemy counterpicks accordingly. But then they get surprised because of what came against him: Kat top, Ez mid and Jarvan/Leona bot is not what they expected to face on bot. Its a lot of fun.

Only thing is they can still lane switch if they need to, but I don't really see the need. Most top bruisers probably have a stun or knock up for Kat anyway and some innate tankiness to deal with her BB harass. Most AP mids aren't going to be too phased by an Ez mid. I don't think it would really change their game plan too much other than maybe they spec'd for MR in masteries and runes, but otherwise, it shouldn't change much. Ez wouldn't do anything any other mobile AP champ wouldn't.

Sounds fun though. I like your bot lane. The other day, I played against Xin and Ali (I think). Levels 1-3 were too easy. They didn't didn't get more than probably 5 cs combined. But as soon as they got all their skills, the CC and burst was too much :_(