AP, AD.. I really don't know what you're telling me. <newbie needs advice>

#11SexualPizzaPosted 1/29/2013 11:51:17 AM
The Grahf hath spoken
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#12TruHNIC187Posted 1/29/2013 12:03:05 PM
I didn't know what a bunch of terminology was when i started playing either. I learned what I needed by using google. Type "What does ______ mean LoL." you will find the answers. Also, If you're interested in playing a champ, go to mobafire.com and look at a guide to see where they go.

Your welcome
#13a5ny5Posted 1/29/2013 12:51:48 PM(edited)
POkemon_PoWeR posted...
AD is attack damage. It usually means you heavily focusing on dealing damage through your auto attacks.

riven
renekton
talon
khazix
pantheon
#14arys75Posted 1/29/2013 1:01:51 PM
TruHNIC187 posted...
I didn't know what a bunch of terminology was when i started playing either. I learned what I needed by using google. Type "What does ______ mean LoL." you will find the answers. Also, If you're interested in playing a champ, go to mobafire.com and look at a guide to see where they go.

Your welcome

You're a douchebag for telling him to go to mobafire for guides.
#15mrmonstrPosted 1/29/2013 1:08:11 PM
It's worth noting that not everyone is a douchebag on LoL.
If you ask in chat someone should tell you
#16xIIpicardIIx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 8:27:54 PM
POkemon_PoWeR posted...
AD is attack damage. It usually means you heavily focusing on dealing damage through your auto attacks.
AP is ability power. It usually means you heavily focus on dealing damage through your abilities/skills/spells

Damaging spells usually scale with either of those stats. That means in addition to it's base damage, it does more damage based on how much of each stat you have. Mostly every skill has some sort of scaling and has ratios on how much extra damage you'll do.

Example:
Anivia's Q does 120 damage (+100%) of AP and you have a Rabadon's Deathcap (120AP)
This means that your Q will do 120 + 120(Rabadon's) for a total of 240 damage (before resists)

The traditional roles in League are:
AD Carry (Weak early game, babysat by support, monster late game)
AP Mid/Carry (Decent early game, great mid game, falls off late game unless fed)
Bruiser (Beefy but powerful character that tries to murder squishes)
Jungler (Clears jungle and ganks other lanes to make it 2v1's or 3v2's)
Assassin (Bursty squishy characters meant to take out the enemy's main damage)
Support (Babysits the ADC, usually has heals or steroid abilities)
Tanks(Damage soakers + Initiators)

Nice breakdown. Thanks to all for the tips.

Been a while, Grahf. I've played 3 games, there's always that one idiot who can't seem to comprehend I've clocked less than 2 hours on the game.
---
[Patiently waiting for PSO2]