Flash needs to be removed

#4104DarkPosted 1/29/2013 2:46:43 PM
From: Black_Assassin | Posted: 1/29/2013 1:25:44 PM | #002
ssupermario92 posted...
You foolishly get caught? Lol flash over a wall and it's k. It's very agitating

Flash after him?

^This. Any time someone flashes away I flash after them...
---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#42UmitenchoPosted 1/29/2013 2:48:35 PM
Theshamen posted...
arys75 posted...
It's on a 4 minute cooldown. What the hell is broken about it.

Its the fact that its practically necessary on EVERYONE, the other summoner spells are a lot more fun then flash. Especially if promote/surge was still there

Also I find it hard to believe champions would become unviable because they lost a 400 second cooldown.

At max level ezrael could theoretically "flash" 40 times for every one time someone with flash can, the argument that it'd break the game is bunk.

240 seconds.
#43dotsdfePosted 1/29/2013 2:50:18 PM
Let's picture some hypotheticals for those who don't get it.

Let's imagine a mid battle with, say, Malzahar against a Katarina. Match is going decently well, but then an Olaf axe comes from the bush and hits Malz as he's ganked. He tries to make his way back to his turret but with no escape, Olaf and Katarina wreck him.

Now picture the reverse, Katarina is ganked by an Olaf in this scenario. Difference? Katarina has Shunpo and gets away. Without Flash, Malz can't get within ult range to prevent her from doing so. Obviously this difference is there with Flash in the game, but without it, low mobility champions have absolutely no role over those with built-in mobility.

A different scenario would be more simple, an ADC battle between Caitlyn and Kog'Maw. Cait is going to catch Kog every time, Kog becomes completely useless because with no escape, his squishy ass is target practice for Cait, Ez, or anyone else with a decent gap closer.

For better or for worse, a lot of the game is balanced around Flash. Without it, characters without mobility would be easily ganked, easily chased, and just generally pointless. A good chunk of the cast would become unviable.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#44FinalnicknamePosted 1/29/2013 2:53:03 PM
If you don't like flash play dota 2 bro! If you need a key PM me and I a few. You'll need a steam account too.
---
The world wouldn't seem interesting without the internet.....or is that the other way around?
#45SteadyingMeatPosted 1/29/2013 3:30:06 PM
FlameLord23 posted...
ssupermario92 posted...
Not raging/mad

Sto

Stopped reading here.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#46OmfgitsBlahPosted 1/29/2013 3:33:07 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Naw, I rather them remove ignite. I like to play melee champs and I'm tired of intiatiing a fight only to get ignite spammed all the time.

They did remove Ignite. It's called Cleanse/QSS.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#47AlastreonPosted 1/29/2013 3:34:52 PM
SteadyingMeat posted...
FlameLord23 posted...
ssupermario92 posted...
Not raging/mad

Sto

Stopped reading here
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#48angelwkw3Posted 1/29/2013 3:41:29 PM
dotsdfe posted...
Let's picture some hypotheticals for those who don't get it.

Let's imagine a mid battle with, say, Malzahar against a Katarina. Match is going decently well, but then an Olaf axe comes from the bush and hits Malz as he's ganked. He tries to make his way back to his turret but with no escape, Olaf and Katarina wreck him.

Now picture the reverse, Katarina is ganked by an Olaf in this scenario. Difference? Katarina has Shunpo and gets away. Without Flash, Malz can't get within ult range to prevent her from doing so. Obviously this difference is there with Flash in the game, but without it, low mobility champions have absolutely no role over those with built-in mobility.

A different scenario would be more simple, an ADC battle between Caitlyn and Kog'Maw. Cait is going to catch Kog every time, Kog becomes completely useless because with no escape, his squishy ass is target practice for Cait, Ez, or anyone else with a decent gap closer.

For better or for worse, a lot of the game is balanced around Flash. Without it, characters without mobility would be easily ganked, easily chased, and just generally pointless. A good chunk of the cast would become unviable.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of Cait vs Kog because Kog would destroy Caitlyn 1v1 regardless of him not having Flash and her having her E.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#49exactly987Posted 1/29/2013 5:11:50 PM
Agreed, get rid of flash. This spell alone makes the metagame is so stale. Everyone gets a get out of jail free card every ~5 minutes. The early game in LoL is so boring because of this.

DotA has a lot more depth to it for this reason alone. Heroes are so generic in LoL (usually only 1 slow/stun, 1 AoE farming ability, etc.). Nobody can do anything on their own until late game. Someone has to truly screw up to die in the early game - it's easy-mode. Generic heroes + flash makes for boring "afkfarm for 30 minutes, then win" games.
---
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
#50MhkaMAthPosted 1/29/2013 5:29:39 PM
To achieve the repositioning effect or the staying power effect you can use exauhst, ghost, barrier, or heal.

No you can't. None of these summoners allow you to transport over a wall to safety. Ghost means nothing if you're still in CC range for another 4 seconds.

I don't care if people like it or not, Flash is necessary on a fair number of champions. Removing it just divides of the AD carry roster more than it already is with Ezreal planted firmly ahead of everyone else with his E, kills off most squishy AP casters, slaughters gap closer-less champions like Udyr and hurts a fair amount of the support cast too.

I mean, if you want this game to become League of Bruisers do it. But by hitting Cleaver Riot has proven they're not too interested in 5 bruiser comp being a thing.
---
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6840/mathz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iB1sU.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/juliaxx/Picture56.jpg Free stuff!