Passive ADC

#1reaver89Posted 1/29/2013 3:15:25 PM
So, there are some supports where playing passively is a requirement. Soraka is one of them. I realize that I can can't easily ADC passively. I have way too much bloodlust.

Is there a trick to playing passively (especially against Ezreal who will poke you until he feels like stopping, which is never) or is it just something that comes with your playstyle?
#2Tony2CapPosted 1/29/2013 3:26:11 PM
when i read.....

reaver89 posted...
. I have way too much bloodlust.

i hear,

reaver89 posted...
I like to dive in and get the crap beat outa me even when i know i cant get the killI

---
" Continue spreading the good word of Ranked across the nations. We will call you Jesus of Noxus.." - Rydethetiger
#3tylercheethamPosted 1/29/2013 3:27:16 PM
I don't think going into lane with the mindset of "Im going to play passively" is ever actually a good thing. No lane is ever truly passive and if you go into lane with the mindset that you arn't going to try to trade and gain an advantage in lane, chances are you will miss opportunities to take control of your lane and will forfeit control of your lane when your enemy realizes they can do whatever they want without fear of harassment.

Its more about learning how and when to trade effectively with your ad carry while keeping your cs up. For instance, im not going to try to level 1 all in a corki as vayne. Corki just straight up wins that battle. What I will do though is wait until I see an opportunity to harass safely, take it, then back off and reset. This, at the very least, keeps you in the head of your opponent and discourages aggression on their part.

Also keep an eye on items and if your enemy hasn't backed and you have an item advantage, be sure to exploit it.

Some lanes you obviously will be at a disatvantage in a straight up fight, but only focusing on cs is never the answer unless you are so far behind that you need to sit under tower.
#4PenOfStonePosted 1/29/2013 3:34:04 PM
Soraka isn't that passive, she still banana's them.
#5SorrySleepingPosted 1/29/2013 3:35:59 PM
Soraka can easily harass with starcall, autos, and infuse.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6Cloud25Posted 1/29/2013 3:54:59 PM
No support should play completely passive just like no ADC should play passive. Just because you're support doesn't mean you stand all the way back and just spam heal. You're also there to help ensure kills for your ADC.

As for ADC, just know when to engage and when to back off. If u know u can't out sustain or kill your opponent, back off, farm under turret, call for ganks, etc.
#7VoidgolemPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:05 PM
Soraka only requires playing passively because soraka has no damage or CC to stop the enemy from eating your face.

the trick is to keep in mind that lanes like that are basically 1v2 (where the 1 has like 600 pots) and play accordingly.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#8LithspPosted 1/29/2013 3:57:58 PM
Just last hit minions and farm.

If your support is a pansy, then you are going to HAVE to accommodate for that and alter your playstyle.

If your support isn't willing to back you up in a fight or a trade, then simply don't engage and just farm farm farm.
---
[]Signature[]
#9Price_Of_FamePosted 1/29/2013 4:07:06 PM
I think you are just bad.
---
It's a Chastain world and we are all just living in it.
#10Gun SagePosted 1/29/2013 4:49:28 PM
Voidgolem posted...
Soraka only requires playing passively because soraka has no damage or CC to stop the enemy from eating your face.

the trick is to keep in mind that lanes like that are basically 1v2 (where the 1 has like 600 pots) and play accordingly.

Silence + two heals + a hefty armor buff...
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!