Can someone explain elo hell and the rankings

#1AnthonyanaPosted 1/29/2013 3:16:45 PM
What is considered elo hell. Is there different tiers?
I see under your ranked profile it shows your current elo but also there is another single elo number that is bigger at the center of that screen.
#2TriangularTwigPosted 1/29/2013 3:21:03 PM(edited)
Iunno what counts as elo hell but I do know that being a good player will raise your elo. i lost 7/10 of my first matches, mostly due to trolls, and got placed pretty low at 1100, now I'm at 23-16 and I've gone up 200 elo in the past few days and im at 1315.

the bigger number is your highest elo you've been. smaller number is your current elo
#3LaqOfInterestPosted 1/29/2013 3:19:13 PM
"Elo hell" is what people call it when you get so many feeder teammates and disconnecting teammates that it's impossible to win enough games to gain elo. It doesn't actually exist, but that's beside the point.
---
"My dick joey. my dick" - Paintballreturns
"hello i'm laqifunterest and you're watching dosney channel" - DarkestPanda
#4Master_strikerPosted 1/29/2013 3:21:27 PM
LaqOfInterest posted...
"Elo hell" is what people call it when you get so many feeder teammates and disconnecting teammates that it's impossible to win enough games to gain elo. It doesn't actually exist, but that's beside the point.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34746336#history

My last zed game, kha zix is 2/11 and draven is d/c'd for the first 10 minutes.

worst... feeling.... ever
---
yooooooo
#5LaqOfInterestPosted 1/29/2013 3:23:48 PM
Master_striker posted...
LaqOfInterest posted...

But the point is that that can't happen every single game. There are going to be losses due to feeders and afkers, but to imply that you get one every single game and that's the only reason you never go up in elo is ridiculous.
---
"My dick joey. my dick" - Paintballreturns
"hello i'm laqifunterest and you're watching dosney channel" - DarkestPanda
#6EDumeyPosted 1/29/2013 3:24:23 PM
The numbers are Top Elo and Current Elo. The big displayed one is Top Elo, and is what is displayed to the rest of the world.

Elo Hell is an imaginary place that exists in a different area for everyone. Some people say Elo Hell only exists sub-1200 where you get people who are genuinely bad at the game and don't have a full understanding of how it works. Some people place it right at 1200 where there is a huge discrepancy in skill because people join the ranked queues there. I've heard people say as much that Elo Hell actually most likely exists in the 1800-2000 region, where you get hot s*** players who think they're really good, but just aren't higher tier stuff.

So really it depends on you. Are you a support or bruiser player? Your personal Elo Hell will probably be lower where your carries aren't dependable. Are you a carry? Your Elo Hell might be 1400-1600 where people still don't really understand the concept of team comps. Maybe there are certain areas where people communicate less. Or maybe an area where there are a lot of tryhards making calls and you don't like to listen to them.

There's no one answer, and you will always find a reason for wherever you are to constitute Elo Hell. It' sbetter to say it doesn't exist and you're just having a bad streak.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#7Master_strikerPosted 1/29/2013 3:25:40 PM
LaqOfInterest posted...
Master_striker posted...
LaqOfInterest posted...

But the point is that that can't happen every single game. There are going to be losses due to feeders and afkers, but to imply that you get one every single game and that's the only reason you never go up in elo is ridiculous.

Yeah i get what you mean, i'm trying to get better at this game, i'm at 1000 elo but stuff like that happens like 2-3 matches out of 10 at my elo.
---
yooooooo
#8TriangularTwigPosted 1/29/2013 3:27:24 PM(edited)
Master_striker posted...
LaqOfInterest posted...

yeah, i agree with this, because it seems ridiculous to suggest that other players don't get these players on their team. everybody has the same problems with climbing elo, yet some manage to do it and others don't. nobody posts on the forums and complains about free elo when the other team has feeders/trolls/DCs because it benefits them so they forget about it.
#9MakJussPosted 1/29/2013 3:40:28 PM
This is why elo hell exist in higher elo
"Kha'Zix needs a few seconds to add a point in from his ultimate to his other skills, so try to exploit this."
He was 1500 at S2 and 1700 at S3.

100% Pure GameFAQs Guide Logic
#10TwilightKing13Posted 1/29/2013 3:41:32 PM
No such thing. People just refuse to look at their own mistakes and instead think they're better than everyone in their elo.
---
"Any voice can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart! " ~Sho Minamimoto
~~Twilight King~~