SeaIntoTheSky's Help Topic AMA about LOL

#1SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 1/29/2013 5:49:38 PM
Hello everyone in gamefaqs!^^ I am here to help! AMA league related, from tricks to tips, and builds to strategies. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge^^ Ask away!!
#2RihawfPosted 1/29/2013 5:50:48 PM
when using ezreal do you even arcane shift
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#3ShibiscuitPosted 1/29/2013 5:51:27 PM
are you familiar with the art of trolling, as seen with Trundle?
---
Chivalry is what women call the convenient side of double standards.
#4Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/29/2013 5:53:00 PM
We just had a 100+ post topic of you refusing to admit that even a single AP caster on the entire roster would prefer CDR boots in their build to 15 magic penetration, and now you're making an advice topic?
---
Weenie Hut General!
Contacts in Profile
#5LithspPosted 1/29/2013 5:53:57 PM
I'm trying to master Jax at the moment, but for some reason I can never get off to a good start.

How can I make his early game not so difficult, and how do I turn him into the 1v5 wrecking machine everyone claims he is?

Is there any Jax-specific tips/advice that would help me along my Elo climbing journey?
---
[]Signature[]
#6SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:57:49 PM
Rihawf posted...
when using ezreal do you even arcane shift

Arcane shift is used as a repositioning tool. It is great to avoid skill shots that you are unable to run out of the hit box in time for and to stay at the same distance during team fights if you get engaged on. It is also used as a follow up tool, such as if your support goes for an all in kill and you follow up to get into position to attack.
#7JackDaniels1964Posted 1/29/2013 6:03:39 PM
Where do i put shrooms with Teemo?
---
Best Teemo NA- SmyDsamsung69 add meh
#8SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:11:02 PM
Shibiscuit posted...
are you familiar with the art of trolling, as seen with Trundle?

I am not familiar with this, but I do know Trundle is a troll. I do not condone trolling lol

Frost_shock_FTW posted...
We just had a 100+ post topic of you refusing to admit that even a single AP caster on the entire roster would prefer CDR boots in their build to 15 magic penetration, and now you're making an advice topic?

Since this is a separate topic I will deffer to the gamefaqs battle known as my elo is higher than yours and I know better.

Btw in the entire thread I have given piles of evidence on why AP mid's specifically use Sorc boots. This is not the same as stating ALL AP casters as some go to top lane. If you read the entire thread you will understand. If you want to continue to debate it provide why you think otherwise in the other topic and I will be civil there.

Lithsp posted...
I'm trying to master Jax at the moment, but for some reason I can never get off to a good start.

How can I make his early game not so difficult, and how do I turn him into the 1v5 wrecking machine everyone claims he is?

Is there any Jax-specific tips/advice that would help me along my Elo climbing journey?
Depending on the lane match up you will take 2 wards and red potions or cloth and 5 red potions. This gives you enough sustain to complete your core items and to get you started in lane(Assuming you are top lane). Do not expect to be a 1v5 wrecking machine as this is a team game, but Jax does scale extremely well.

LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64699947
This will teach you how to press your advantages

LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64700932
Will teach you how to zone

LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 4
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64701285
Will teach you how to freeze the lane if you happen to lose your turret quickly

LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 6
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64757987
Will teach you how to maximize damage output. This one is extremely effective, if you only read one READ THIS ONE!

As for builds use I will suggest using solomid for some basic builds(The entire league of legends games is situational and as a top laner you will be building to counter your enemy lane opponent). There are many ways to play certain champions and Jax is one of them. A few things to note is that by using Jax's ultimate you gain Armor and MR based off of AD and AP respectively. This allows you to rush times such as Hexdrinker vs AP champions if you are having that much trouble and still staying relevant.
#9l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 1/29/2013 6:12:42 PM
What's your elo?
---
Knicks City
#10SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:17:29 PM
JackDaniels1964 posted...
Where do i put shrooms with Teemo?

Assuming summoner's rift. As a top laner once you hit level 6 you should begin to defensively shroom to prevent enemy jungle ganks, this includes the river towards baron and the edge of grass patches to prevent lane ganks. As mid lane teemo you start with the side bushes and in lane(not in the direct path of the minion walking line) and transition to the same mid-late game spots.

LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 8
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64916187
This will explain the most common and effective methods of ganking, and will help you in knowing where to place your mushrooms to prevent them.

After laning phase is over you should be placing your mushrooms to setup for objectives such as baron and dragon. Covering the edge of bushes for more map coverage is always a good idea because oracle's cannot clear mushrooms until they see them, and if they walk into the bush they will get hit by the mushroom before being able to clear them. This allows for better team fights as the mushrooms are already setup.

When being pushing or being pushed, setup mushrooms directly in lane where you predict your team may fall back to while preventing minions from reaching your mushrooms.