Am I doing it wrong?

#1LithspPosted 1/29/2013 10:57:56 PM
I keep hearing about Shaco's amazing early game ganks.

I'm well aware when the enemy has a Shaco and never overextend, but anyway, when I play Shaco, I feel USELESS until late game hits.

Once late game comes around, I feel like I'm the ultimate assassin, one shotting any squishes and just generally being a total pain in the neck.

I also hear that his late game sucks, so I'm wondering, am I doing something wrong?

I build him basically just AD.. along the lines of what his recommended items are actually, offensive.
---
[]Signature[]
#2JennaTahliaPosted 1/29/2013 11:02:45 PM
You are doing the exact opposite of what Shaco is good at.
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:22:18 PM
JennaTahlia posted...

So what should I be doing?

Because every game I play as him, the more and more I think he has an AMAZING late game and a lack luster early game.

I feel like there's never a chance for a gank at like level 2-3.
---
[]Signature[]
#4BhelliumPosted 1/29/2013 11:37:08 PM
JennaTahlia posted...

apparently not
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5HagenExPosted 1/29/2013 11:50:38 PM
Lithsp posted...
JennaTahlia posted...

Because every game I play as him, the more and more I think he has an AMAZING late game and a lack luster early game.

He's a pain in the butt for enemy junglers, I always get screwed by some shaco when I jungle Diana or Skarner (Blue starters). The bastard just waits for me @ red with a couple boxes (Or even on the little brush next to wraiths) and basically destroys me. Then I need to gank 2 or 3 times early to catch up in levels and gold.

His early levels are more about catching the enemy jungler off guard, stealing wraiths and even wolves/golems everytime you can, since you got a free escape that even goes through walls.
#6Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:55:37 PM
HagenEx posted...
Lithsp posted...
JennaTahlia posted...

He's a pain in the butt for enemy junglers, I always get screwed by some shaco when I jungle Diana or Skarner (Blue starters). The bastard just waits for me @ red with a couple boxes (Or even on the little brush next to wraiths) and basically destroys me. Then I need to gank 2 or 3 times early to catch up in levels and gold.

His early levels are more about catching the enemy jungler off guard, stealing wraiths and even wolves/golems everytime you can, since you got a free escape that even goes through walls.

...so should I NOT be farming my own jungle then?

I have barely even tried to counter jungle, I just farm farm farm, gank when possible, and wait for late game so I can insta-gib any squishes.

Lovin' how much juke potential he's got too, boxes, his Q and his ult.. all awesome stuff.
---
[]Signature[]
#7TomorrowDogPosted 1/29/2013 11:56:05 PM
Some lanes are just hard to gank, and it also relies on the person in that lane not to be an idiot. Screwing with the enemy jungler is a much more sure thing though. Especially if you aren't playing at a particularly high level of play and they always blindly walk in to wraiths bush. That is like a free kill right there. You can easily pick up two quick kills from them, making them lose blue buff and stealing their red and also taking big wraith and big golem, putting them incredibly far behind while you can pick up Wriggle's first back if you want.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#8_HeXPosted 1/30/2013 12:09:52 AM
Shaco is an assassin and a counterjungler, if you're spending most of the time in your own jungler you're doing it wrong and you're gonna be useless lategame compared to the tanky junglers who has a lot of utility.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:42:54 AM
TomorrowDog posted...
Some lanes are just hard to gank, and it also relies on the person in that lane not to be an idiot. Screwing with the enemy jungler is a much more sure thing though. Especially if you aren't playing at a particularly high level of play and they always blindly walk in to wraiths bush. That is like a free kill right there. You can easily pick up two quick kills from them, making them lose blue buff and stealing their red and also taking big wraith and big golem, putting them incredibly far behind while you can pick up Wriggle's first back if you want.

How do I do this?

Would I grab my own blue, then rush their wraith bush?
Or would I grab my blue, and my wolves, THEN rush to their wraith bush?
---
[]Signature[]
#10TomorrowDogPosted 1/30/2013 1:24:58 AM
Typically I start red buff. Use boxes to do wraiths and red buff wiithout using smite. Move over and do wolves and smite blue. Make a beeline for enemy red, use your Q to hop the wall.

If they did a standard blue start chances are you can catch them at red and they will be dead. If you want to be the king of cheese you can then start stacking boxes at wraith bush while you steal the wraiths and catch them as they come back after reviving.

Granted, somebody that knows Shaco probably isn't going to hand you free kills but the general strategy is still to own the red buff half of their jungle. Chase them out, deny them by stealing, keep tabs on them with wards and JitBs which function as mini-wards. Be aware they could go in to your jungle though if you are spending all of your time in theirs.

Anyways, you can still fit in ganks whenever. It also takes a ton of pressure off of your lanes since they know you're making the enemy's life hell and he can't really gank them.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert