So in the new Ranked system...

#1EmoglobinPosted 1/30/2013 12:39:51 AM
When do you get the chance to move up a league? I'm silver on the PBE, and I got a notification about having a chance to "complete your series", which I assume to mean that if I won the next few games, I would advance to gold.

Now, I lost those games due to a khazix mid that went 0/43 and a Jayce ADC that was awful beyond compare. When does this chance come around again? Will I ever get the chance to advance again?
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#2MwarriorHieiPosted 1/30/2013 12:55:04 AM
that was your only chance. you will never get your rank up series again.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#3-Hydreigon-Posted 1/30/2013 12:59:55 AM(edited)
What

So he's stuck in Silver with feeder Khazix and awful Jayce forever? That blows ass. I want the old ranked system to stay. When it goes live, I dont wanna be stuck with those kind of people in my games and only have one chance to escape!
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#4kickthegnomePosted 1/30/2013 1:06:37 AM
-Hydreigon- posted...
What

So he's stuck in Silver with feeder Khazix and awful Jayce forever? That blows ass. I want the old ranked system to stay. When it goes live, I dont wanna be stuck with those kind of people in my games and only have one chance to escape!

Can you not smell a troll.

You get the opportunity to play a divison series when you get 100 league points.

If you win you get promoted to the next division. So lets say you're in silver division 2 you get promoted to silver division 1.

When you get 100 league points in silver division 1 you get to play a championship series. If you win you get moved up to gold.

example: let’s take the hypothetical (and non-existent) player Steve McQueen. Steve completes his placement matches and falls into division three of the Silver tier. He’s then placed into a league with up to 250 other Silver tier players. Based on their skill level, these players are evenly distributed across the five Silver tier divisions, so Steve’s league contains around 50 players in each division. When Steve acquires 100 League Points by winning ranked games, he’ll have the opportunity to play a Division Series to move up. If he were already in division one, he’d get to play a Promotion Series to break into a new league in the Gold tier.

source:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22856-new-league-system-coming-soon-in-ranked
#5B01tPosted 1/30/2013 4:17:38 AM
so in other words, you have to earn 100 points again, to get another opportunity to promote
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.
#6BiglabronPosted 1/30/2013 6:09:00 AM
B01t posted...
so in other words, you have to earn 100 points again, to get another opportunity to promote

I've yet to see something on losing all 100 points if you lose the promotion. I would think it resets you to like 50 or something. Putting you back 100 points seems a bit much unless you are getting 15 or more a win and only losing like 5 per loss.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!